“More than expected”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baltimore
“More than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I booked a king room. Check in was quick and efficient. We were in room 707 and it was really nice. We are shower snobs. Meaning we don't like tub/shower combos with a shower curtain. We like walk in showers with tile. This bathroom met our standards. Very spacious room too! We could not find one complaint about the place. Yes, valet is $38 with unlimited in and out privileges, but look at where you are located. There is nowhere else to park in downtown Baltimore. Were from the city and we just booked one night for our anniversary. It was worth it and we will definitely stay again. We also recommend the evening reception. Choice of white or red wine (unlimited). The host even walked around when it was almost over filling up glasses. This hotel is pet friendly and we saw a lot of pets, but they have pet free floors which we were on and we saw no trace of a pet. Which is a bonus because we suffer with allergies. Overall, excellent choice!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear traveltime05:

I was happy to read we exceeded your expectations.
It sounds like you had a great anniversary trip.
Don't wait till next year to come back and see us.

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My favorite hotel to stay in. Everyone was so friendly. The parking was a bit steep but half a block up there was parking where was paid 56 dollars for 4 nights, just make sure you have cash. We were able to walk of the conference center and the inner harbor. We loved having a fish in our room too. The one problem we had was the bunk beds creaked, but we complained after the first night and the fixed the problem and brought us warm cookies and a bottle of wine! All is right in my mind! I would love to have an opportunity to bring my family back here some time!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear guppyamy:

We think you are awesome as well!
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay and our location.
We hope to see you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel is ALMOST perfect. The hotel offers both Valet and Self park; although their "self park" isn't actually that. The lot is off site; owned by another company; and there are no "in and out" privileges. Meaning you have to pay every time you leave and arrive back at the hotel. AND the Valet is incredibly expensive. I've stayed in many major city's and never once payed $38 for valet parking. Once you're inside the hotel the level of service you receive is excellent. The front desk clerks were very polite and quick; as were the valets. I must say, the room has to be one of the quietest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Once you shut the door, you could hear a pin drop. Overall I loved the Monaco, I would definitely recommend anyone looking for excellent next level service to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stefan Z:

Thank you for the five star reveiw!
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that our team took such great care of you. We hope you join us again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

If I had to pick one hotel to live in it would be the Monaco in Baltimore. Towering marble staircases, polished doors and floors take your right back to America’s golden age of travel. The railroad theme sets the whole place in motion and the staff keeps up nicely. Valet parking could not have been easier, bags magically appear in rooms and when I called for a cup of coffee they brought me my own Kuerig. I was late to the wine hour in the lobby, but a staff member turned my misfortune into opportunity and brought me a glass of Chilean red that was fantastic.

I started every morning out with a trip to the well-appointed gym to get my mind right and then spent the morning in my room working on writing projects. Every time I looked out the window I could tell I was making progress on my journey. I pulled up at the bar every afternoon for lunch—book in hand—and JayMo (perhaps Baltimore’s most congenial bartender) produced ice cold beer and made sure that the food was hot and on time. After an afternoon of writing it was satisfying to step out and hit some fine dining on Charles Street. Did I Raid the Mini Bar at night? You bet, and I did it while wearing my leopard skin robe just like a rock star.

You don’t have to travel in the luxury of private dining cars and spacious sleeper cabins. But you should. And you should do it at the Hotel Monaco.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks down towards the Inner Harbor, or one that overlooks Charles Street.
Green Features: The Hotel Monaco makes being green easy with in-room recycling.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ty M:

We are happy to have you move in!
Thanks for the great review. We hope you join us again soon.

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our large group (5 rooms) stayed overnight prior to participation in a 5k. The hotel is very clean, elegant, and updated. Our only disappointment (having requested a 4 Star hotel near the Harbor via Priceline) was the lack of a pool.

The doorman and car valet service people were very helpful and very friendly. We were moving baby equipment (strollers, car seat) from vehicle to vehicle as we arrived and departed and they were there offering assistance with a smile.

Room service was quick and accommodating to our late night request. The in-room snacks and drinks were convenient if a bit pricey. The service in the restaurant was a bit slow, but the food was fabulous.

Overall we were very pleased and would recommend this lovely hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly W
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Kelly W:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TA community.
I was happy to hear you had such a great stay and that out team took great care of you.
We hope you join us again next year for hte 5K if not before that.

Dryden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at the Monaco Baltimore for a long weekend for my anniversary from March 21-23 2014. This was our first time at the hotel as well as using their loyalty program. Everything from the time we checked into the time was checked out was very pleasant and without issue. The valet was quick, the front desk was very friendly and helpful and the room was beautiful!. We were greeted with a smile and told a surprise was headed up to use shortly. A bottle of champagne was brought up in celebration to our anniversary. They sure know how to make a guest feel special. We enjoyed the evening wine reception and the atmosphere was very cozy and inviting. The hotel is in walking distance to the harbor and many local attractions that made it easy to walk and keep the car parked all weekend. We were able to enjoy the city and great restaurants without having to drive all over. The weather was fantastic that weekend so we had the chance to spend equal amounts of time in the hotel and out of the hotel. I would come back again in a heart beat. Very nice hotel with great staff.

I did write a review of the hotel with some pictures and as well as a review on the rewards program.. If you are interested in more info on my stay and the program please check out my blog!

Room Tip: We had a king spa room and the soaking tub was amazing!
Green Features: I was very pleased with the environmentally friendly practices. It was nice to see a recycling bin in the room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tmullin22:

Happy Anniversary!

Thakn you for sharing this great feedback and for the post on your blog.
Our location and service really cannot be beat.
We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our room was very nice and the Jacuzzi in our suite was larger than expected. The free bottle of Muscato and the free truffles were an added bonus to our stay. But none of it wouldn't have been as good without having great company!

There were a few misunderstandings, but the Management quickly responded and handled it in a very professional manner! They seem to have a lot of integrity to their customers which is a big plus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Autumn A:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me last week.
I am always happy to listen and adress guest feedback.
I do hope we soo you again soon.