“Professional Management” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Professional Management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our room was very nice and the Jacuzzi in our suite was larger than expected. The free bottle of Muscato and the free truffles were an added bonus to our stay. But none of it wouldn't have been as good without having great company!

There were a few misunderstandings, but the Management quickly responded and handled it in a very professional manner! They seem to have a lot of integrity to their customers which is a big plus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Autumn A:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me last week.
I am always happy to listen and adress guest feedback.
I do hope we soo you again soon.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was a guest at the Baltimore Hotel Monaco from Thursday, March 27 through Sunday, March 30 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Upon my arrival and during my departure, the bell men were friendly and efficient and must be complimented. The room was large, clean, and seductively quiet thus allowing me to relax while revising my presentation for the conference I was attending. I especially appreciated that the lobby (Enter the elevator and push Lobby) is on the second floor to avoid the entrance clutter to the restaurant which seems to have a lot of local diners. I should note that the room key operates the elevator above the lobby floor which is an added security measure.

I joined the rewards program and received free internet during my stay and plan to put my membership perks to use in my travels. The hotel is somewhat out of the way, but, you know, the walking exercise was welcomed. I would highly recommend Hotel Monaco Baltimore to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Admin 1948:

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I really appreciate your comments on the great service you received.
I will be sure to share this with my entire team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

And the hotel itself - all around - is great, too. This was our 2nd time at the Monaco and the entire experience starts with a phenomenal curbside crew. Though we had a little mix-up upon arrival regarding our request to have the couple we were coming with stay on the same floor and when the room would be ready, Lorelle, the manager on duty, couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating! Upon hearing that the 2 couples were coming to Baltimore to celebrate our joint birthdays, she immediately made up for all the minor errors with an 'over-the-top'/above-and-beyond' response of credits and goodies! We loved our room - absolutely worth it to upgrade to the King Jacuzzi Suite - and the restaurant staff and food were superb. Vernon, the day manager the next day, was equally wonderful and gracious. You will not regret staying at the Monaco!

Room Tip: Floor doesn't really matter, but, as I said, upgrade to the King Jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MA:

I am glad my team charmed the pants off of you.
Afterall Baltimore is Charm City!
Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback on my team.
I will be sure to share this with all of them.

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The stay at hotel was nice and clean but the issues are unknown charges at end of stay and also forcing charges for newspaper s just because they were left at door which they should have been free for 3 days.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Cuteo 1:

Thank you for your review.
I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay.
I am a bit confused on the issues you had with your charges.
We do not charge for newspapers. I would be happy to assist you with this if you would like to give me a cal.

443-692-6761
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was perfect, with a large quiet room. Staff was helpful and fast. The location is not close to the inner harbor area, but it is only a $4 can ride. The decor is really beautiful and totally updated. We will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gringoloko:

I was delighted to read you enjoyd your stay.
Our location is truyl perfect to experience all that Baltimore has to offer.
We hope you join us again soon.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed for a 5 day conference during a very busy time. The comic con was on going and there were some music events going on too. The hotel is very nicely kept and presents a grand feeling. Rooms are comfy and there were no noise issues. Was well worth it with the business rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear ProffX:

Thank you for the great review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be well appointed.
We hope you join us again when you return to Baltimore.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just getting around to writing this review....but let me say that this is one of the best hotel's I ever stayed in. The whole place is beautiful and very upscale. I enjoyed the wine happy hour before checking in and everyone that worked there was super friendly. The corner suite was amazing and the bathroom with the step-up jacuzzi tub and seperate toilet room was the biggest hotel bathrooms I've ever saw. The wet bar had a great selection of liquer, juices, and snacks...almost too good of a selection to avoid. I'm not sure if I would pay full price to stay here (as I used a Travelzoo deal) but my wife enjoyed it so much that she has already planned on booking again at full price!!! My only complaint was the continental breakfast....nice restaurant but poor chioce and qualty food.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drop1121:

WOW...those three letters can mean a lot.
I am glad in this case it meant that you had an amazing stay.
Our wine hour nightly is a great way to have a little wine, enjoy some great food and meet some fellow travelers. I really appreciate your review and look forward to your return.