“Unique, pleasant, personal experience”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our family came for a weekend getaway and found this hotel to be the perfect place. We had a corner suite which was very large, very well-appointed, and very comfortable with pleasing decor. Having wine and chocolates included was nice but didn't seem worth the extra cost. However, the upgrade package gave us the corner suite which was worth it. The staff were friendly and helpful, and I really appreciated the many personal touches and nice perks, such as the wine hour, the games available in the lounge, the animal-striped bathrobes, and the choice of newspaper delivered to our room. We felt very pampered. Another unusual aspect of this trip was that we brought our dog - this was a first for us, but it turned out to be convenient, and we loved having her with us. The staff made our dog feel as welcome as we were! This is definitely a pet-friendly hotel, judging by the number of dogs we saw, but it was well-handled and we were not disturbed by the other dogs. The hotel is a great location, too, which made it easy to get to the Inner Harbor and various restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Ariz0nagirl:

We love delivering personal experiences.
I really enjoyed reading your review and I know my team will as well.
We hope you and your family (K9 included) join us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was, without a doubt, one of the most pleasant experiences we have ever had……world wide.
The historic building was handsome….reminded me of the Willard in D C. Staff was above average in the attitude and helpfulness. Any wish was accomplished with ease and delight in assisting. They were all happy and proud to be a part of the Monaco family.
'The room was a design dream with high ceilings, handsome furnishings, and nurturing colors. They did not miss anything so far as making the room user friendly. If we needed an item it was right where we looked. Handsome shower. Beautiful linens. Wide hallways with colorful carpet.
Can't wait for another Baltimore "toot".

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear 28Babs28:

Thank you for the great review!
I was delighted to read you found us to be the top of hte heap.
Don't be a stranger.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight as a romantic getaway.

Upon arrival the valets were very helpful and polite. The front desk staff was very efficient, very professional, and friendly. Valet parking is $38 per night.

We got the Sweet Suite Deal. We were disappointed by the Moscato and the truffles came in a small pre-packaged bag. The Mediterranean Suite is spacious and tastefully decorated. I joined the Loyalty Program before arriving at the hotel and was able to get free wi-fi. I believe this should be free, but its not a deal breaker. The fridge is nicely stocked and we used the $10 credit to raid the fridge.

We had dinner at the B&O. Dinner was excellent. I'll review that under the restaurants tab.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves. This was a great hotel for a quick romantic getaway. It's considered a luxury hotel, but it's not the Four Seasons. However, its a good alternative and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dre22:

Thank you for your review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you return again soon, and when you do let us know we can substitute something you like for the moscato and truffles.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Always a great stay at the Monaco here in Baltimore. The staff is always friendly and professional. We took advantage of there one suit deal, where we got a bottle of wine and chocolate truffles included in the deal. $199 is a great deal for a suit and jacuzzi tube. We had a great time and always great stay. We highly recommend the Monaco to anyone we know staying in the Baltimore area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Boone S:

I could not agree more but I guess I am kind of biased.
We really appreciate your loyalty and great feedback.
I hope you look me up next time you are at the hotel so I can say hi.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were in town for a Show and decided on Monaco for an overnight stay. We booked the Suite Deal and the Room couldn't have been nicer. We had a lovely corner room with great views, a separate sitting area with doors, and a bathroom that would rival most hotels. I slept through the night in a very comfortable bed. I heard no traffic noise from the 7th floor, no overhead or hallway disturbances. We had a light meal of burgers in the bar and I thought they were quite delicious. All staff we encountered were smiling, friendly, and courteous. The Hotel is beautiful and in a nice Downtown location. I'd like to stay again when in town for an event.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CMF_11:

Thank you for staying with us and for trying our Suite Sweet Deal!
it is really a great deal for anyone but espcially a quick vacation.
Please know we appreciate the feddback and will share it with our entire team.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've been wanting to stay at the Hotel Monaco ever since I first discovered it upon first moving here. My boyfriend surprised me with a night at the hotel as a holiday present, and the hotel was better than pictured.

We got in later than we intended, but were able to take advantage of the wine hour. They have several board games available for guests, and since all the couches were full, we sat on the floor and played Jenga! It's a great way to make guests feel welcome and relaxed. The fire place is a nice touch - you could really be anywhere and just enjoy yourself.

The hotel itself is beautiful - the beaux arts architecture, the marble staircases, the tiffany windows, the level of thought put into every detail - you can tell the owners really took pride in creating the hotel. We loved finding the backlit train window in our room, and though the room was a corner room with an odd shape, we actually really loved the room as well. The bathroom walls were covered in what felt like a leather texture, but harkened back to the history of the building and the railroads. As a history buff, it was pretty neat to stay someplace that had been a part of the Baltimore landscape for over a hundred years.

Another really nice touch that we appreciated were the high ceilings. The room feels spacious and wide.

We did have some hiccups with service - nothing major, but the front desk was more than receptive to our concerns and offered us a complimentary breakfast for the hiccups. I'm a member of the InTouch loyalty program, which meant we scored some gummy bears and soda from the mini-bars. Tip: if you haven't had the gummy bears, try them. We discovered them in New York and relish them with delight!

Overall, I would absolutely stay here again. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear jg1876:

Everyone has there quirks, glad you enjoyed ours.
We truly appreciate the feedback and will use to perfect our operation.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for a business trip and it was a very nice place to stay. The room was very clean and the service was great! The people at the hotel was very friendly and helpful! The internet was rather expensive: I had to print tickets for a venue. I was charge two different fee's for accessing email and printing tickets. I loved the historic building the hotel is in. Beautiful city!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear amyhass:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Please know in the future anyone from our guest service team will be happy to print anything you need right form the front desk.
We hope to see you soon.