“Another excellent stay”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My daughter and I travel often to Baltimore, and used to choose different top hotels to optimize the visit. No more. The Hotel Monaco has so consistently delivered a 5 Star experience that we choose it every time.

Most recent visit was last week-- I arrived cranky after a long, snowy drive. Pulled up front, and the valet guys were instantly at my door with warm smiles. No matter that I wasn't going to valet the car-- they told me to take my time checking in; I could park it when I was settled.
Hotel - 1, cranky - 0

My daughter made the reservation, but I checked in first. What? No voucher from her goofy third-party reservation website? No worries! The sweet woman at reception must have thought corporate execs were coming for a spot check-- could she possibly be this warm and welcoming to a bedraggled self-parker with a discount reservation? Um, apparently yes. She even made a note that I hoped to have my favorite paper available in the morning. It was..... delivered to my door.

Even a 'standard' room never disappoints. Always Kimpton cool, nicely appointed, and Monaco Baltimore immaculate. (The cute robes are always fresh and inviting.)

In short (um, or long I guess, at this point...) the Hotel Monaco is absolutely our first choice for a Baltimore stay. (In fact, I'll be back next week.)

Oh wait! The wine hour! Just in case there's any lingering crankiness (by that point mine was long gone), cozy up near the fire and sip away those winter woes.

Room Tip: Be sure to sign up for the Kimpton Loyalty program. Cute perks, like Raid the Mini Bar (essentially...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear 123MACS:

Thakn you for the stellar review.
We appreciate your loyalty and cannot wait for you to return.
We hope every stay is better than the last.
See you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I had a few days off so we ventured to Baltimore from NE PA. Hotel Monaco was just a few blocks from our destinations: Harbour, Aquarium, Charm City food tour, and Lexington Market. Valet was convenient but pricey. There is a parking garage on the corner but was a sketchy area. We stayed in the King Spa room. Very nice for couples. Plenty of space for 2. Tall ceilings, large closet c 2 robes, yoga mat and ironing supplies. Plenty of drawer space for clothing in the bedroom. Stocked mini bar was a convenient addition. Bed felt firm to the touch but was actually quite comfortable. Very quiet could not hear neighbors or traffic. The large jaccuzi tub in the bathroom was spacious for two! Beautifully designed bathroom. Also a glass stand-up shower. We loved the "living room" area by the customer service desk. It is brightly decorated with a unique fireplace. Large space and cozy. They do offer room service but we did not try it. However, we did have lunch at the B&O Restaurant and the food and service was spectacular. We would return to this hotel! We did have 2 issues: 1)Musky smell to the room- bought a bottle of Febreze at CVS (problem solved). 2) Pay close attention to your bank/cc statements: We were overcharged for our stay (500+) and had additional charges for mini-bar items that we did not use. Called hotel regarding this matter and they are submitting a refund.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rebecca P:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.;
We greatly appreciate you staying with us. My apologies for the billing issue.
I will be sure to investigate and adress with my team.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Well, I guess I don't have to tel you about thei loation- it's not bad. Within 2 blocks ov everthing in Baltimore. I hope that I am not detracting antythng from the city. It's big eough/. Jubilent hour, sorry they callit happy hour, is for an hour inthe evening is a great time to gossip or meet new friends. You'll enmjoy yourself

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Teresa F:

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
Our location is ideal for all the Baltimore has to offer. We our centrally located in the heart of the city just steps from the harbor and much more. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Really nicely appointed hotel with beautiful spacious rooms, comfortable beds and elegant bathroom. The hotel common spaces are also well appointed with a beautiful main lobby waiting area that has a nice gathering area off to the side with a cozy fireplace. The B&O American Brassiere located on the first floor of the hotel also has pretty nice brunch dishes. Location is fantastic for Downtown Baltimore access, a block away from the Charles Center Metro Stop, within 5 walking blocks from the Inner Habor area, and just over a mile distance from Penn Station Baltimore (where there is access to Amtrak and Marc trains). Overall a convenient, and really comfortable stay!! A bit on the pricey side, but take advantage if there's ever a special!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TToy123
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Ttoy123:

Thank you for staying with us.
It was great to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and our great location.
We are so close to all that Baltimore has to offer, there truly is no better location.
We hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Monaco for one night while passing through the city. We arrived on a cold and rainy night from New York and were happy with the cozy and comfortable room. Our double room was large, and had everything we needed. The beds were heavenly. Our bathroom had a tub, and was big, modern, and new.
We didn't have a reservation at the hotel, and the check in process was quick and efficient and the receptionist was friendly. We didn't feel like venturing out for dinner and opted to eat at the restaurant, and were pleasantly surprised. Seeing as it was Thanksgiving the next day the hotel restaurant was closed and a complimentary continental breakfast was offered to all hotel guests in the lobby. We really enjoyed our stay, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kokimonst:

Glad to hear we were just what the doctor ordered.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Baltimore, & it proved to be a wonderful choice. It was our first Kimpton experience but it definitely will not be our last. The staff was super helpful & friendly. Christina really stands out, as she ensured that our visit went smoothly. She made us feel taken care of. The rooms are large & luxurious, room service delicious, & the amenities were fantastic as well. The only cons were no shaving stool in the bathroom, no fan, & the gym is pretty basic. The in-room yoga mat, access to free fitness videos, Apple TV access, among other things, definitely made up for it. Hubby & I are looking for a reason to stay there again, especially since we found out that they are pet-friendly. We will definitely stay in a Kimpton hotel whenever we can.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear isabayta:

Thank you for the glowing review.
It was great to hear you had such a great stay and our team took such great care of you.
I will be sure to share this review with all of them especially Christina.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Kimpton has many great hotels and i believe Monaco is one of their most impressive. Kimpton has renovated the old Baltimore & Ohio Railroad headquarters building located downtown, close to the inner harbor. It's not only one of the most historically significant buildings in Baltimore, but it is really breathtaking. My husband and i stayed and ate dinner at their lobby restaurant B&O American Brasserie on a very cold winter evening. The dinner and wine were excellent, as was the service. the restaurant/bar was very cozy and elegant. and we will return again for another dinner next time we are there. the reception staff, doorman, and everyone we met during our stay were friendly and welcoming. Room was great! The next morning, as with all the Kimpton's I've stayed in, there was coffee, tea, and the most delicious hot chocolate for guests to enjoy. unfortunately, we didn't have enough time for breakfast. I would absolutely return to Monaco as that will be our go-to hotel in Baltimore from now on. Thank you again Kimpton, well done!

Room Tip: take in the entire hotel, it's really an amazing space with so much history. one can only imagin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear calkid:

Thank you for the five star review.
We appreciate your loyalty to Kimpton hotels.
We look forward to serving you for years to come.