“Where I stay in Baltimore”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Baltimore a couple times a year as we have an office in this city. I have stayed in this hotel many many times and I love it.

I checked in and to my surprise they had upgraded me to a suite. I have been a Kimpton member for years and this was the first time this has happened. What a treat. The rooms at this hotel are already much bigger than most so they are more than satisfactory. The suite was obviously larger with a step in soaking tub.

I am always happy with the customer service at this hotel. Everyone is very friendly and happy to help. My last stay I did get the fish in my room. The food at the restaurant is great also. It seems to change enough so every trip I can try something different.

I can't really speak on the location because I generally go from the hotel to the office and back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Jill O,

Thank you for making us your home away from home.
I was delighted to read our team took such great care of you.
I hope to get a chance to meet you on your next stay.
See you soon,

Joe Pagone

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I decided to get the "Sweet Suite Deal" for our Friday night visit. For an excellent hotel, this was a great promotion. For $195 we got an upgrade to the beautiful Mediterranean Suite, complimentary bottle of champagne, chocolate truffles, and the best part was a 4pm checkout the next day.

This was our second time here and we knew it was a nice place. Staff is super friendly and helpful. The Mediterranean Suite is a large two room suite with a huge bathroom including the Fuji whirlpool tub. We had a corner room on the 14th floor with a nice view of the city.

Being a Kimpton In-Touch member we received the usual perks like free internet, complimentary wine hour and a $10 voucher to raid the mini-bar.

The fitness center was plenty big enough to get in a quality workout. Valet parking was $38. We did room service for breakfast and was impressed how good the food was.

Room Tip: If you can get a deal on the Mediterranean Suite go for it. It's a two room suite with a huge ba...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear relayer:

Thank you for the kind words.
It was great to read you got to take advantage of the suite sweet deal. It really is an awesome deal for those who like to pamper themselves. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

It's an impressive 100+ year building with lots of historic clues from the old B&O railway days, but they also did a nice job when converting it into a hotel less than 10 years ago. Business services was impeccable, and the rooms are large, comfy, modern yet historic and cosy. The only reason I can not give it 5 stars is due to the restaurant, which is owned and run by Kimpton, hence it's part of the experience. Service was less than stellar (forgot to replace cutlery on second course, brought the wrong wine, forgot orders), extremely slow, but the quality of the food was great. I was there with a larger business group and many of us shared this view.
Two from our group experienced "strange noises" during the night, and they found out the next morning that you can find a number of "haunted house" experiences about this place on google...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear JMS,

Thank you for staying with us.
I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.
it was great to read how much you enjoyed your hotel stay and the history the building.
I am sorry we missed the mark a bit in the restaurant, be assured we will appropriately adress that with our team. We look forward to making your next stay a five star experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I arranged a surprise night away for my husband and I for his birthday. When we checked in, the lady told us that she was upgrading our room and said happy birthday to my hubby. We went upstairs and there was a bottle of champagne on ice and a birthday cupcake waiting for us! The room was beautiful. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. We had booked dinner at an outside venue and the restaurant called to say they were closing due to inclement weather. We ate at the restaurant downstairs in the hotel and the food was fabulous, it also had a nice selection of beers. We had breakfast there the next morning and I had the best omelette I have EVER eaten (apart from my sister's). This is a fantastic hotel, I am already planning our next stay there!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aoife O

Dear Aoife O:

Thank you for the five star review and for celebrating your husbands birthday with us,
I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at the Monaco Baltimore for one evening and was very impressed. The hotel itself is in a beautiful building that has been maintained very well. We stayed in a bunk bed room which is a great option that offers more space for those traveling with kids. The separate bunk bed room had its own tv and Xbox. The room was clean and ceilings were very high. We had initially intended on using the self parking lot, but we weren't able to find the parking lot and opted for valet instead. Valet and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant, while pricey, served a good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sunshinedaydream:

Thank you for staying with us.
it was great to hear how much you enjoyed the bunk bed room.
The room is perfect for families or even a guys or girls weekend away.
I hope we get a chance to serve you again so we can turn this four star review into a five star review.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I enjoyed staying here for a short conference trip in Baltimore. Modern and clean rooms and beautiful front lobby. Great bathroom, too!

The highlight was leaving a few items in my room after I checked out and the hotel staff finding and sending it all back home.

Room Tip: Good views from rooms facing Charles Street
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Budget_Luxury_Travel:

Thank you for the five star review.
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that our team took such great care of you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Monaco Hotel-Baltimore (a Kimpton hotel) two days after Christmas.

As an InTouch loyalty member, while making reservations, I indicated that we would be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. Our corner room was wonderful and in perfect shape upon our arrival. A complimentary bottle of champagne was also waiting for us! Kimpton knows how to take care of its customers. The wine hour each evening for guests, as well as the mini-bar credit for InTouch members is unsurpassed! The impeccable service provided by each of its staff is first-class. Other hotels could learn a lot from the Kimpton Hotel.

After our experience at the Monaco Hotel-Baltimore, my wife and I believe that a visit here will become our annual anniversary celebration tradition! Thanks, Kimpton for a wonderful memory.

BTW, the Hotel Monaco-Baltimore is the fully restored B&O Railroad Headquarters building! It's beautiful; all of the original marble has been retained on each floor including the elegant staircases on the ground floor!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bcg213

Dear BCG213:

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us.
We appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to taking care of you for years to come.