“One night of R&R at MNB”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One night of R&R at MNB”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

It was my 1st time staying at the Monaco Baltimore. Great stay! Valet greeted me at the door and assisted me with my vehicle, bags. The front desk was great, had all my requests and room type ready at check-in. Thanks to Mr.Raymond. Room was awesome. Kudos to Housekeeping! Checkout was accurate and efficient. Thanks to Gywnn & Laurelle. Keep it up MNB. You guys Rock!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jay C
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Mz_Carter23:

Thank your for your kind words.
It was great to read that our team took such great care of you.
I will be sure to share this great feedback with them.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed @ Kimptons before and this was one of the nicer in the brand. We stayed last weekend for one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were upgraded to a suite. Our room was not ready so we had to wait in the lobby by the wonderful fire (I might add). We were told that we would get a call when the room was ready in 15 mins. 45 mins later still no call. Because of our troubles, we were given a credit for either room service or the B&O restaurant which was nice. We were also given a $10 minibar credit which my husband immediately used! The room was beautiful with the most amazing bathroom...one of the nicest I've seen in a hotel. Everything in the hotel was very nice. The wine happy hour was awesome too. They have games that you can play. We hadn't played backgammon in years! I love the little touches...bathrobes, the umbrella for use in our closet if necessary. The only downside was the parking. We tried to save money and self park since valet was $38 and it ended up costing us more because the garage didn't observe Veterans Day as a holiday. The rate changed to a regular weekday rate @ 12am so it was a small fortune. I think the front desk should advise you of parking options @ check-in. Other than that, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor and a corner unit as windows are everywhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SMG1023:

Thank you for the great review.
Our team takes a lot of pride in delivering a great experience and they will be delighted to hear such great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Severn, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. When we arrive in our room, someone ahd used the toilet and urine was on the floor. The hotel aplogized and cleaned the room. However, a dirty toilet is not how one wants to be greeted. It is disgusting. After checkout, I reviewed my check card statement on Monday evening, and we were charged a $250 smoking fee without notification and we did not smoke in the room.
I was told the charge would be reversed. It has not been and I have had to make two calls to the hotel to resolve the issue. I do not recommend this hotel for these reasons. It costs toom much money to have to deal with these issues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TBMcNair
Dear TBMMcNair:

I am sorry to read of these issues.
As you can see from so many other reviewers this is not the type of service we provide.
I would be happy to assist you further if you would like to contact me directly.

443-692-6171
Stuck in MA
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the 4th Kimpton I've been to and one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in. Another rehabbed building in DC was not nearly as well done. The preserved marble elevator lobbies on each floor were amazing. The rooms were spacious and had such high ceilings, there was a very spacious feel to a normal sized room. There was a 2 person whirlpool soaking tub in the room which was a nice treat after using the fitness room.

Complimentary bike was at the front desk and complimentary wine hour was held in the well-appointed lounge area with a spectacular fireplace.

Room Tip: It's a city so go higher up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear BixUS:

Thank you your review.
It was great to read you enjoyed the hotel and our team took great care of you.
We look forward to your return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I love the Monaco. We had two reservations for two nights. I was really struck at how professional the housekeeping team was- really organized and friendly- Lucy Spellman was very helpful to us. The rooms are so clean.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear minnesnowtachris:

Thank you for the kind words I will be sure to share them with Lucy and the housekeeping team. We hope to see you again very soon.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Cudos to the Hotel Monaco in Baltimore! Attended a wedding last night at the hotel. The staff was very well trained and a lot of attention was paid to the guests. The food was good too! The historical building defines the space and care is given to provide information to the guests about the history of the building and the B & O railroad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank klmaestra
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear klmaestra:

Thank you for the five star review.
The Monaco is perfect for weddings and I am glad that you agree.
We hope your return soon.

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Boutique style hotel that was clean, well presented, and exceeded our expectations in most areas. Lovely old bank building with beautiful marble staircase and stained glass windows. Valet staff friendly and permitted us to stay extra hours without charge. Valet was only option at $38 per night. Little pricey. They upgraded our room before I made the request. Greeted us with free wine and pizza bites happy hour. Had free coffee and tea in AM but we missed it. Stored our luggage without a hitch. Helped with restaurant recommendations. Free WiFy for rewards members and ten dollars to spend on mini bar. Large jacuzzi tub in suite. Oversized bathroom with nice toiletries. Sitting room could use more light. Comfortable bed and stylish robes. Had to turn off the heat as noise was annoying and it was too hot. Neighborhood was OK in business district. Would have preferred something with more safe walking distance options. Had a nice hamburger in B&O restaurant attached. Very convenient as we were afraid to walk three blocks in darkness with only few people on the street. Twice the doormen remembered where we were going and asked us how we enjoyed it? Very impressive personal touch. Would return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear didi9999:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
It was great to read you enoyed the property and our team took such great care of you.
We look forward to your return as I am sure your next stay will warrant a five star review.