“Can't remember staff members name”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Can't remember staff members name”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The bartender and waiter we had was wonderful....my wife and I are trying to remember his name we think it was jay or something like that lol....we were there there evening of sept 16th if you could help us out that would be great...we would love to write a good review thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you soon

• Stayed September 2013
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Arcye80:

Thank you for the kind words.
I beleive the server you are referring to is Jaymo.
He has been with us since we opened the hotel and is a pleasure to work with.
I will be sure to share this feedback with him.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The bathroom smelled like pee when we entered the room. I asked for housekeeping to come clean it while we went to dinner. When we returned, smell was the same. They said somebody cleaned it, but it was unbearable. Too bad. Pretty hotel, great restaurant and bar downstairs, and all of the staff members were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chellebr
Dear Chellebr:

It was great to hear you enjoyed your the hotel and our team took great care of you.
Please know I will look into the issue you experienced with you bathrooom and adress it.
The property and team are fantastic! I hope you return again soon so we can show what a great property we have.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I picked this hotel over other options because I have heard that the Kimpton hotels are uniformly good, but that was not my experience at all. They seem to be more show than tell - i.e., pretty rooms, fancy leopard-print bathrobes, etc., but no customer service. As an example, for some reason my king-size bed had only a sheet (no comforter, duvet, or other blanket) and two tiny pillows (about half the size of standard) that were flat as pancakes. When I called the front desk to ask them for more pillows and blankets, it took them over an hour (and two more phone calls) to show up at my door, and even then they only brought two additional pillows (no blankets). At that point it was about 1 AM and I just wanted to sleep, so I gave up. I requested that housekeeping leave additional linens the next day, but when I returned to my room at 7 pm after being out all day, my room hadn't been made up at all. The housekeeping staff did not replenish the minibar at all during my 4-night stay.

The desk staff was generally unfriendly, and although they did offer to reimburse me for my wifi charges to address the inconvenience, they ended up charging me anyway, which I did not discover until I received my credit card statement. In calling back to address the charges, I was forwarded to their finance manager, who never returned my voicemail (I gave him 2 days before calling back). Although it did get straightened out after several phone calls, it should not have been such a hassle.

I will note that the manager did refund half of the room charge for one of the nights of my stay, but even at the reduced rate (for a single night), this hotel simply wasn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Keldy23
Dear Keldy 23:

I was dissapointed to read the details of your stay.
As you can see from so many other reviewers this is not the level of service we typcially provide.
I will be sure to review your comments with your team and we will adress these concerns.
Should you have the time I woudl appreciate hearing from you so I can personally apologize.

443-692-6761
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Whenever I'm in the Baltimore area, I try my best to stay at this hotel. They consistently knock it out of the park in terms of ambiance, service, amenities and the extras. I'm a big fan of Kimpton Hotels overall, but this hotel seems to be the best out of their bunch. The location is great and I've never really had an issue with room cleanliness or broken amenities (I once had an issue where they're iPod speakers/radios weren't working, and they replaced the unit very quickly).

This hotel is especially great for couples looking for a quick getaway, or business travels who have a little bit of free time to enjoy their trip after their work activities. If a suite with one of the soaking tubs are available, go ahead and get the upgrade... it's so worth it, in my view.

One drawback I should be honest about: The overnight valet parking rate is simply too high. North of $35 per night just doesn't cut it in my view. If you have the ability to get there without parking your car at the hotel, try your best to do so.

Other than that, I have nothing but high marks for this hotel. My last stay was the end of September 2013, and all that I've come to expect out of this hotel has remained the same, or exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Biggest recommendation I could make is go ahead and register for the Kimpton In-Touch membership pro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jakob_Dononvan
Dear Jakob_Donanvon:

Thank you for the great review.
Our team will be delighted to hear how much you enjoy staying with us.
Thank you for your loyalty! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel property location is great. Rooms are spacious and very clean, no issues there at all. The reason why I rated this hotel average because of the outrageous prices they want to charge you for the business center , and internet. Also the B&O restaurant is no good needs a lot of work ! Every hotel I ever stay at always provides free WIFI not at this hotel 12.00 per day and they charge you almost $6.00 just to print out one piece of paper---- not business traveler friendly at all. The hotel room is fine , nice clean comfy but room service HORRENDOUS probably because of the B&O restaurant. One morning I called for room service a pot of coffee and a bagel. They said 20 minutes ..well 90 minutes later NOTHING so I called and canceled. Then I tried to get seated at the B&O restaurant plenty of tables just no workers yes there was a convention but you think the hotel would of been ready for this and really it was not that busy . After waiting 20 minutes ordered the steel cut oatmeal it was cold as ice and disgusting had to send it back. Finally just went across the street to Caribou coffee. Breakfast no good . The B&O at night was better and then the free wine from 5:00 to 6:00 in the lobby was a nice touch. If they just work on the B&O breakfast service, room service and would give you free internet this place could be wonderful. Good location between inner harbor and convention center....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RWADLOW
Dear RWADLOW:

Thank you for staying with us.
I was glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel but sorry to hear the restaurant and room service did not provide the same level of service. We do have a business ceneter for our guests convenience however our front office team is always happy to assist with any printing or othe business needs you may have. I do hope you return so you can experience what so many other reviewers have.

Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel 3-4 times a year when I come to Baltimore for business, primarily because it offers good quality for the price. The interior is beautiful and the rooms are typically neat, clean, and spacious. On my most recent stay, I booked a Mediterranean Suite because they were having a special on these rooms. The suite was the perfect layout because I had my 2-month-old son with me and it allowed me the living room to work and the bedroom for him to sleep undisturbed because it was separated by a quiet sliding door. The pack n play I requested wasn't initially in the room when I checked in, but the staff had it set up when we returned from lunch. I was pleased with the comfort of the bed, but did experience a few minor issues with my stay.

1) The iPod dock didn't work, but I didn't report this...was a minor thing that I didn't feel like taking the time to call front desk about at the time.
2) There were no infant tubs available (not necessary, but a nice thing to have on hand, particularly when it's impossible to give an infant a bath in the huge Jacuzzi tub in the Mediterranean Suite).

Other than these small things, this hotel stay was enjoyable. I should also note that on a previous stay, I had a very bad experience with hotel room service. The food was not as described on the menu and items were missing though I had been charged. I did complain about this to hotel management during that stay a few months ago, and they took the charges off of my bill and brought me some fruit with a handwritten apology note. That was nice. I was nervous about ordering again, but needed a snack while working from my room. I ordered and was pleased with both the quality of the food and the service this time around. Kudos to the hotel for improving on this.

Room Tip: Mediterranean Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Honeymoonhunter:

Thank you for staying with us when you are in Baltimore.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am excited for your return as I am sure we can turn this four star review into the five star reviews we so often receive.

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I loved the interior of this hotel - it is the renovated former corporate offices of the old Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. the ceiling in my room had to be 16 ft high, with two large windows about 10 ft high. It is on the corner of Charles and Baltimore St, so Inner harbour and Mount Vernon are very close to walk to. There is also the Circulator (free bus) stop across the street for the Purple route.

Wine reception in the lounge every evening. As with the other Hotel Monaco I have stayed in (Alexandria, VA) , this one has the "funky" seats and couches.

Overall, a really great stay .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear anne12345678:

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location.
Our location is ideal for enjoying all that Baltimore has to offer.
We look forward to your return.