“Loved the hotel for the location, price and room”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Loved the hotel for the location, price and room”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked this hotel very last minute for the JHU graduation. I used their special JHU discount and it was a lot less expensive than the Sheraton. I booked a suite, but I didn't expect much because of the price. I didn't expect it to have that old world charm. Our suite (721) was huge. It had high ceiling, 2 very large rooms, plenty for three of us. The bathroom was amazing, especially the tub. The bed was very comfortable. As an In-touch member we received $10 credit for the mini bar and free wifi. The only down side was the valet parking, $36/day. I would definitely stay there again next time we are in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Use the JHU discount and get a suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mexico888
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mexico 888:

Congrats to your grad.
Our rooms really are something to see.
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here during a conference, and found the location to be convenient to both the convention center and the inner harbor - a few blocks from each. The hotel building is beautiful, the afternoon wine reception is very nice, and the rooms are well appointed - I was very comfortable in my room. However, the fire alarms went off twice (that I know of) during a three day period, once at 6:30 a.m. This was very annoying, especially since it took at least twenty minutes during the early morning alarm for the elevators to resume operation. It seemed that the staff did not know how to get the elevators running again. Additionally, I ordered room service twice and had problems both times - once I received a call stating that the item that I ordered from the room service menu was not available, and the second time the wrong entree was delivered. Maybe I just had bad luck, if the experience matched the facility this could be a terrific hotel.

2 Thank Susan L
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Susan L:

Thank you for staying with us.
It was great to hear you enjoyed the property.
Please know I appreciate your feedback and will use it to assist us in our continuous improvement of our operation.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've stayed here on multiple occasions and always on business. On every occasion the front desk staff have been incredibly friendly, helpful, courteous and welcoming.

The rooms are large, bathrooms clean and generally removed from most street noise.

Dining at the hotel restaurant is easy, perhaps a bit over-priced, but the food and service are generally good. Finding a bite to eat within walking distance is possible, although most of the spots seem to be small or sandwhich shops. The harbor and those restaurants are within walking distance.

If arriving during baseball season, the stadium is close should you want to attend a game. But, traffic can be thick so if on a tight schedule, allow for extra time.

The meeting space is comfortable and accessible if you should desire to host a meeting at the hotel.

3 Thank Phil R
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Phil R:

Thank you for staying with us so often.
Great to hear you enjoy the hotel and all it has to offer.
If I can ever be of assistance please contact me directly.

443-692-6761
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We LOVED our stay at this hotel and would certainly pick it should we again visit Baltimore. Valet parking attendants are quick on their toes; Simon at the Front Desk was such a gentleman; and Cornelius of Room Service ever so polite. Our rooms were so clean and lovely furnished, and bathrooms so nice and roomy. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that we forced ourselves out of bed in the morning. I like that daily parking allows in and out priveleges unlike other city hotels. Dogs are allowed but the interiors do not 'smell of dog' at all. It was about a 15-min. walk to the harbor where there are many restaurants and along the way too, so much to see and do. Thank you Kimpton for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an external view on a high(er) floor. Be mindful of the pull down shades - if y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jpmcba
Dear jpmcba:

Glad to be your go to hotel in Baltimore.
The hotel is really perfectly situated for a business or leisure trip to the City.
Don't be a stranger.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very clean, food was great, well staffed. Location is good. Very close to harbor.
Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Valet was convenient. B O restaurant makes great cocktail and the burger is awesome. There is a cool coffee shop across the street, Rooms are well furnished with quality furniture.

Dear Matthew R:

Thanks for the great comments.
Sounds like you had an awesome stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a one night romantic getaway and it was amazing. Awesome decor, clean and large room, and fantastic two person bath. Fun minibar and great bar in the restaurant downstairs. Definitely book a king premier with the large tub!

• Stayed May 2013
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Joshua R:

Thank you for your great feedback.
You can beat a good soak in one of our tubs.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I searched A LOT of hotels in Baltimore before deciding on the Monaco. I wanted somewhere that was downtown and walking distance to attractions and restaurants. The National Aquarium was a short walk as were many restaurants by the water for a nice outside lunch or afternoon drinks. The room was clean, linens obviously fresh, and the bed was huge, like sleeping in my own bed! I was a little worried because I forgot my own feather pillows but fluffy pillows were part of the deal with this room! The bathroom with the tile all around, the big tub, and separate glassed in shower just added to the atmosphere of the room. All of the staff were extremely helpful and made some great suggestions for restaurants that were great food and also within a short walk of the hotel. The only reason I have the value a 4 instead of 5 is because it is pricey, but I knew that was the range I personally wanted. This is a great hotel, well worth the price, and I will return to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Amandalynn78:

Great to hear you had such a wonderful stay.
Our team works very hard to ensure our guests are not just comfortable but pampered.
Summer is upon us, come see us again and enjoy all that Baltimore has to offer.