Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Envy Hotel(Baltimore)
Delta Hotels(Baltimore)
  • Pool
1,758 results
All reviewswine hourmarble staircasemediterranean suitehigh ceilingswine receptionamerican brasserieyoga matraid the mini barbeautiful hotelhistoric buildingliving roomcomplimentary winerewards programoffice buildingvalet parkingcharles streetfew blocks
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We LOVED our stay at this hotel and would certainly pick it should we again visit Baltimore. Valet parking attendants are quick on their toes; Simon at the Front Desk was such a gentleman; and Cornelius of Room Service ever so polite. Our rooms were so clean and lovely furnished, and bathrooms so nice and roomy. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that we forced ourselves out of bed in the morning. I like that daily parking allows in and out priveleges unlike other city hotels. Dogs are allowed but the interiors do not 'smell of dog' at all. It was about a 15-min. walk to the harbor where there are many restaurants and along the way too, so much to see and do. Thank you Kimpton for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an external view on a high(er) floor. Be mindful of the pull down shades - if your lights are on, you can be seen from the outside. One of our rooms was an internal view and we could see the occupants across the window, and that's how we realized that anyone could do the same to us!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jpmcba
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear jpmcba:

Glad to be your go to hotel in Baltimore.
The hotel is really perfectly situated for a business or leisure trip to the City.
Don't be a stranger.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very clean, food was great, well staffed. Location is good. Very close to harbor.
Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Valet was convenient. B O restaurant makes great cocktail and the burger is awesome. There is a cool coffee shop across the street, Rooms are well furnished with quality furniture.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Matthew R:

Thanks for the great comments.
Sounds like you had an awesome stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a one night romantic getaway and it was amazing. Awesome decor, clean and large room, and fantastic two person bath. Fun minibar and great bar in the restaurant downstairs. Definitely book a king premier with the large tub!

• Stayed: May 2013
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Joshua R:

Thank you for your great feedback.
You can beat a good soak in one of our tubs.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I searched A LOT of hotels in Baltimore before deciding on the Monaco. I wanted somewhere that was downtown and walking distance to attractions and restaurants. The National Aquarium was a short walk as were many restaurants by the water for a nice outside lunch or afternoon drinks. The room was clean, linens obviously fresh, and the bed was huge, like sleeping in my own bed! I was a little worried because I forgot my own feather pillows but fluffy pillows were part of the deal with this room! The bathroom with the tile all around, the big tub, and separate glassed in shower just added to the atmosphere of the room. All of the staff were extremely helpful and made some great suggestions for restaurants that were great food and also within a short walk of the hotel. The only reason I have the value a 4 instead of 5 is because it is pricey, but I knew that was the range I personally wanted. This is a great hotel, well worth the price, and I will return to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Amandalynn78:

Great to hear you had such a wonderful stay.
Our team works very hard to ensure our guests are not just comfortable but pampered.
Summer is upon us, come see us again and enjoy all that Baltimore has to offer.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Spent one night and have very few criticisms. Knew to check in on the lobby level up one floor due to other tripadvisor reviews! Our very large room held two fabulously comfortable beds, beautifully furnished. Only complaint would be the sliding door to the bathroom, which offered less than ideal privacy as I was traveling with a friend and not my spouse. Free coffee in the lobby was nice although we would have preferred a coffee maker in the room. We missed the free wine reception in the lobby- darn! Having joined the Kimpton rewards program I earned free wifi and $10 mini bar credit- I would recommend this to all visitors. Highly recommend and would stay again.

One small additional complaint: when we asked for a cab to the train station upon leaving, the doorman took us to a town car which he indicated was a hotel service, which we interpreted to mean free (and I even asked if this was the same as a regular cab...) But no! upon our arrival at the station the driver informed us that it cost $10 and that the service was only free if we'd been given a voucher at the hotel. As the station is relatively close to the hotel I am sure (based on the cost of other cab rides in Baltimore) that a regular cab would have been cheaper, and we felt misled and a little ripped off.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear el13207:

Thank you for your detailed feedback.
The hotel is really a thing of beauty and it is great to see you noticed.
I know sometimes you just want a cup of coffee in your room, next time just let us know and we will send a Keurig coffee maker right up. Thakn you again for the feedback it has not gone unheard.