“EclecHoteltic Remodeled” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gilbert, Arizona
“EclecHoteltic Remodeled”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The rooms were very spacious, the furniture unique, the bed a king and very comfortable and the bathroom all marble and very large. Only two blocks away from the convention center and the restaurant, B&O Brassier, located on the first floor. The lobby offered free coffee and tea in the mornings and wine tastings in the evening. Staff was helpful and easy to talk to. Go on-line and join the rewards program and they instantly provide free Wi-Fi. Overall, very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Wdesalvo:

Thanks for your great review!
I love when guests get to enjoy all we have to offer and sounds like you did.
B&O American Brasserie our fantastic restaurant, wine and coffee receptions, sounds like a perfect KImpton stay to me. Come see us again soon.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Korean first
Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel Monaco Baltimore. We used a "Capitol Deal" and thus got a great rate which included free continental breakfast. I highly recommend joining the hotel's InTouch loyalty program (which is free) as it gets you free wireless internet and at least $10 in credit towards the minibar at each stay. There's nothing like getting free stuff! Our room was quite nice, one of the King Premier Spa rooms with the very nice double person, jetted tub. We arrived very early in the day and our room was not ready yet, which was not a suprise given how early we had arrived. They stored our bags for us and called our cell phone when the room was ready - which was pretty much at the time that they told us it would be ready. All of the front desk staff were very nice and accommodating.
We did not use the valet parking. Based on other reviews, we decided that valet parking was a waste of money and we were glad that we made the decision to self-park. There is a nice garage immediately around the corner from the hotel entrance - I believe it's called "Edison Park Fast". It was only $20 for 24 hours. The garage entrances are secure and are accessed using your parking ticket stub. Much cheaper, and in our opinion faster/easier, than using the valet.
The free wine in the late afternoon in the lobby is a nice touch. When I mentioned to the front desk attendant that neither of us drinks wine, he gave us vouchers for 4 complimentary drinks at the hotel bar. This was fantastic! The bar was a nice setting, not crowded. The bartender, Jessie, went out of his way to make us comfortable and he was just terrific.

All in all, it was a very nice experience and we had a great time.

Room Tip: The spa tub in the King Premier Spa room is very nice - large and deep, plenty of hot water.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim E:

Very nice of you to take time to share your experience with the TA community.
Glad you enjoyed. Dont be a stranger.

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose the Monaco Kimpton for an overnight retreat with my significant other. Didn't realize the hotel shared the building with an office,but I liked it. Real city feeling. What I encountered next were the surprises. The most friendly staff. From someone coming on duty that guided us all the way to receptionist, to the person who checked us in, to all the staff we bumped into as we went in and out the hotel. So refreshing and so noticeable. Top notch customer service. As for the room, loved it. The appointments were different and made the room exciting. The decor was let me say adventurous. The bed side tables were fashioned to be old luggage trunks. The lamp was fashion from a tripod. Everything was so nice; the bed comfortable, fashionable robes, and socks; modern bathroom; well stocked mini bar and snacks. I could go on and on but you have to try for yourself. In addition to the room and customer service, the hotel offered a wine hour ; unfortunately I missed, but I did make the morning coffee. Real hot chocolate was offered with all the trimmings - marshmallows, chocolate chips and whip cream. Yummy

I will return. Try it yourself. You too will be surprised. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear LovetoRoam527:

We love to surprise and delight.
You will have to come back soon so we can surprise and delight you with our wine hour that you did not get a chance to attend. Great to hear our team took such great care of you. I will be sure to share this feedback with them.

Charlottesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Monaco is a beautiful old hotel in a great building with a cool lobby with historic marble stairs - very impressive when you first walk in. The rooms themselves are very nice, clean and upscale, with very comfortable beds.

My main concern staying at the hotel was that it's pet friendly, meaning people can bring their pets to stay with them in the rooms, and I have bad pet allergies. However this was NOT a problem for me at all. The hotel was great - when I made the reservation I told them about my allergies and they said they would make sure I was in a room that hadn't had a pet in it for awhile and had been thoroughly cleaned, and true to their word, my allergies were not an issue at all. The Monaco did a great job of providing me with an allergy-free room.

My only reservation about the room was that the bathroom door was a sliding door which didn't completely close, always leaving a small gap around the edges of the door between the bathroom and the rest of the hotel room, and so it might not provide as much privacy as some people might like.

The Monaco also has a few nice perks. At 5 pm every night they offer free wine in the lobby for happy hour, and even put out some nice snacks. If you join their guest program, you also get free wifi in the rooms and ten bucks off the mini bar!

One of the best reasons to stay here is the location. Just a few blocks from the Inner Harbor. I walked down every day in under 10 minutes. It's also an easy walk to Camden Yards, too. I did that in just over 10 minutes. So basically you have tons of stuff to do in terms of restaurants and bars and shopping within walking distance. I also had taken the train into town to Penn Station, which was conveniently located less than a mile up the road on the same street at the hotel - on North Charles St. It's real easy to get back and forth by cab or public transportation. I actually walked it in about 25 minutes with my luggage.

Also the staff at the hotel was terrific, from the folks at the front desk to the guys downstairs at the front door. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Yankeebaseball:

Thank you for your detailed review.
It is great to hear when guests find the time to induldge in all of our amenties.
Our location decor and service really set us apart from the rest.
We hope you come see us again very soon.

MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed in numerous hotels during my years of travel here in the U.S. and abroad. I do enjoy and appreciate the amenities offered by larger facilities, however, when it comes to a short stay, I prefer the charm and quaintness offered by boutique hotels. And, my favorite boutique hotel, Hotel Monaco, is in my hometown, Baltimore. I have celebrated on three distinctly different occasions/overnight stays at Hotel Monaco, i.e., a solo New Year's Eve, a birthday gathering with girlfriends, and, more recently, Valentine's Day with my special someone. Check out the website for the unique setting of Hotel Monaco, Baltimore, http://www.monaco-baltimore.com/ however, I will say that the rooms are spacious, with comfortable furnishings, and the marble bathroom is gorgeous. The complimentary social hour provided daily to hotel guests is a plus.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton rewards program and ask for what you want.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maybaby21218:

We love our hotel and Baltimore glad you feel the same way.
Thank your for celebrating these special occassions with us soon.
Come see us this summer as we will be enhancing our wine reception that enjoyed during your stay.

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Whomever is the brains behind Kimpton hotels, is a GOD!
Beautiful boutique hotel, the most friendly staff ever, wine happy hour, and best of all...
Pets Free, and not only Free, but totally catered to! And, if you forget your pet, they will
give you a goldfish to keep you company!
Furnishings were amazing, and the animal print robes were too much!
Someone finally got it Right! I will stay at every Kimpton hotel there is, and I hope they
add a million more!!!
Book through Kimpton, and join their rewards program, it is awesome, just like their hotels.
Anyone who did not enjoy this hotel, or any Kimpton hotel, must be from a different planet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear prissygirl2007:

Thanks for visiting our kingdom.
The man behind Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants is the late Bill Kimpton.
It is really great to see you enjoyed the experience he invisioned.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This fine hotel, in the elegant old headquarters building of the B&O Railroad, is quite lovely. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. It's very pricey but fortunately it was on the inhouse list for Johns Hopkins Hospital where we went today for some minor surgery. The hotel certainly helped to make this a somewhat less stressful experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Gerson S:

Thank you for staying with us!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we we able to releive you of some stress.