Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
$149
EmbassySuites.com
$209
  • Pool
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$143
$239
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$154
$147
$173
$147
Orbitz.com
1,758 results
All reviewswine hourmarble staircasemediterranean suitehigh ceilingswine receptionamerican brasserieyoga matraid the mini barbeautiful hotelhistoric buildingliving roomcomplimentary winerewards programoffice buildingvalet parkingcharles streetfew blocks
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and we had a very pleasant stay. The front desk person did not seem fully informed and needed to go to the back office several times to get information while we were checking in. However she was very welcoming and we did get a reasonable rate. We did not sample any of the food. The room was lovely and well appointed - modern in decor. We visited the inner harbour and had a lovely Christmas Eve meal at Phillips restaurant. The door man was very helpful. We were directed to park at a nearby underground facility which was considerably less expensive than the valet parking offered by the hotel. We enjoyed a lovely quiet evening watching movies.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear myroes:

Thank you for spending your holiday with us.
We hope you check us out again soon and when you do you have to try the food.
B&O American Brasserie is an excellent choice for Cocktails and a great dinner.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were invited to a holiday party in Baltimore so decided to make a getaway of it from Annapolis. Chose Monaco Baltimore and boy, were we happy with that decision. This property is elegant and old-school. You feel like you're in a 40's movie but the service is definitely 21st century. There is a wine reception every afternoon; the only drawback to this was that we were sharing the lounge space with a pre-wedding reception. We were told we could only be in certain areas of the lobby (what I would consider a public space) and were asked to leave once the wedding was over and the wedding party was coming to the after-wedding reception. That was odd and a little off-putting. However, that didn't affect our stay. The rooms are clean, with nice amenities, and they are quiet. We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Bleiblum:

Thank you for staying with us!
Good to hear you had a great stay and were able to enjoy our amenities and service.

We hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at the Monaco Baltimore last week for two nights. Great old building that has been renovated to a boutique hotel. Service was great, as were the room. Bed extremely comfortable and rooms were very quiet. Great location on Charles Street, 2-3 blocks from the inner harbor. Only drawback is the parking fee ($36/night) save yourself a few dollars and park yourself in a public lot 2 blocks away for ($21/night). Restaurant in the hotel (B&O) is quite good.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hyeykysy

Dear hyeykysy:

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel and restaurant.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your self.

Come back again soon

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for two nights before embarking on a cruise. It was really special. Every day at 5:00, they serve complimentary wine and apple cider in a quiet lounge off the lobby. We met two very nice couples and had some nice chats. All of the staff were very helpful with info about how to get around town and where to go for entertainment and dinner. We didn't get our room made up after the first night but this was a minor inconvenience. We will consider Kimpton hotels in our future travel plans.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Badandq:

I love when I hear guests talk about how they met other travelers at our wine reception.
Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked a last minute, one night stay at the Hotel Monaco for a family of three. With the notable exception of the front desk staff, we had a great visit. Most of my observations about the hotel have been discussed by previous TripAdvisor posters: beautiful building, large, well-appointed rooms with great bathrooms, high valet parking costs, deserted surrounding streets save for some homeless outside of regular business hours.... But a few front desk-related issues put a damper on our overall enthusiasm for the property.
1- I called to ask a simple question about one of the types of rooms available on the hotel's website. I was promptly placed on hold for 10 minutes and a front desk staff member finally picked up as I was about to change my mind and book elsewhere.
2- When checking in, the front desk staffer on duty directly refuted what I had been told over the phone regarding my question about the room. It seems she was unfamiliar with the property's Mediterranean suites - or misunderstood a question I had three different ways. (The bellman even remarked that she was misinformed)
3- The same front desk staffer picked up when I dialed housekeeping to get additional bathroom supplies. We had been left a quarter of a toiler paper roll and two bath towels for three people. After two hours past and we still had not received the supplies, I had to track down a housekeeper on the other end of the building to retrieve these items.
4- The person running the wine reception came to work with a cold. While I understand it must be a challenge to find people to work during a holiday week, perhaps it would be better to find someone not coughing and sneezing (and then touching wine glasses) to serve drinks.
Indeed, it may have been a case where the more professional, service-oriented employees I've generally found at other Kimpton hotel simply had the week off.
Another observation was that the front desk staff regularly kept the daily occupancy sheet in plain view of guests, which I found somewhat unusual. I thought I was paying a good rate until I saw the average rate for the night I stayed was about half of what I paid. I also wondered whether I would have been able to talk a competent front desk employee into a better room or a discount on the restaurant or something given I was paying double the average rate on a night when the hotel was barely half full. (The occupancy sheets I saw showed the hotel no better than 56% full for three nights between Dec. 26-28, which isn't surprising given the lack of business travel that time of year.)
The bottom line is that I would give the hotel a second chance at the right price and hope for better service from the front desk the next time around.

Room Tip: Ask a bellman for advice on your room. Unlike at least one of the front desk staff I encountered, they've actually spent time in the rooms and are knowledgeable about their features.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear WahooVA:

Thank you for staying with us. I was sorry to hear you did not receive the appropriate service from our guest service agents. I am sure if you return you will see what a great hotel we have.
We do hope you give us another chance so can you experience what other reviewers have.