All reviewsroom dooran older hotelhistoric buildinglight railmd
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We booked a room with a king size bed. Upon opening our room door our eyes bulged open. The room was stunning!!! Totally not expected for the price. After checking in, we wandered for a few blocks only to be greeted by beautiful old buildings. It was wonderful. We never had an unsafe feeling around the hotel. Breakfast was great. The only downside was parking. We parked in the ramp across the street so we had an added expense of 16 dollars.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017

Stayed here one night the rate was good and the room was clean but small. No onsite parking had to run out to get something and when I came back the parking deck was closed, tried to call the Hotel to see where to park next and no one answers. Finally did find parking about 2 blocks away. Quick walk to the Inner Harbor. Wifi did not work. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank dragonflymom7272
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I stayed here with my dragonboat team for a race weekend. We booked the room about 3 weeks prior to race.

Pros -
Parking - half a block from a public lot and it costed only $5 to park each day on the weekend. 10-15 min walk to Inner Harbor shopping center where there are lots of stores and restaurants for the team. Cost-wise, quite reasonable if booked ahead of time.

Cons -
The room is small, and feels dirty. The AC was not cool at all and it was not cleaned properly so when we got back to the room, I can see the dust from the AC settling on my bed. Carpet looks dirty, I wouldn't step on it with my bare feet. Worst of all, the financial hassle. All rooms for the team were fully paid at time of booking with Hotels.com, yet the hotel still charged the nights on our credit cards that was left with them at time of check-in. We all had to call the hotel for refund on night(s) charged on our credit card. What a hassle.

Room Tip: The financial hassle is enough to turn me away from booking here again.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2017

When looking for a place to stay while relocating to Baltimore, I chose to stay at the Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor - or is it Quality Inn Inner Harbor, because apparently, the hotel has multiple names. The photos of the hotel look nice, but fail to show the dark and dirty rooms, or the homeless/drug users who frequent the hotel's front porch and lobby 24/7. My family and I didn't feel safe here and do NOT recommend anyone staying here.

No convenient or safe parking, and cruddy breakfast options (that are an additional fee).

Furthermore, my privacy was violated when the unprofessional front desk man looked up my phone number from my check-in information and then texted me to ask me on a date; very uncomfortable and a blatant misuse of my personal information.

Do NOT stay here - it is NOT SAFE.

Room Tip: Don't use the wifi; it is not secure
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank amypinkerton176
Reviewed June 12, 2017

We checked into our room and noticed blood droplet on one bed sheet and blood smears on the other bed sheet. Informed front desk and she said housekeeping was gone for the day but she could give us new sheets. We declined. She moved our room but was unfriendly regarding the situation and gave us bad looks each time we entered the lobby. Wifi never worked informed front desk in the afternoon and she said she would notify the company. In the evening notified the new front desk man about wifi not working and he said he would fix it but it never happened. Really bad breakfast as well. I I would recommend not staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family