“affordable luxury in baltimore”

Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor
Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
long island, new york
“affordable luxury in baltimore”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was a guest at the Quality Downtown Baltimore on Nov 1st 2011 and I must say this property is a winner. Yes the rooms are on the smaller side but they do have a very luxurious feel to them. The bedding was just perfect with clean crisp sheets and thick comforter. The bathrooms were all updated with glass sinks,ceramic tile and great working tub/shower combo. Also included in the room is flat panel television, soft lighting but still enough for reading or working, free wifi and new carpet. The contenential breakfast buffet did the trick to get your day started. The location of this Quality Inn is not far from the Inner Harbor and all that baltimore has to offer. The front desk staff was attentive to guests needs and very friendly when engaged in conversation. The kicker here is that the room rates are well below any of the other chain hotels in the area. When in Baltimore give this Quality Inn a try. You won't be sorry you did.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank amishboy
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore. We hope to see you again when you travel back to Baltimore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Metairie, LA
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Yes, the location is OK but rooms are tiny and decorated in a strange manner, dark and heavily draped - bathrooms are remodeled but very small and cheaply done. Staff was very nice and helpful, but my recommendation stops there. Our room was on the third floor and windows overlooked a rooftop across an alley that had at least 20 a/c units on it - there was also some kind of compressor in the alley that ran all night and sounded as though a train were going through the room. There is no driveway in front of the hotel so you have to park on the street and drag luggage into the lobby about 25 yards to the front door. Then you have to drive to a pay parking lot down the street - which cost us $19.00 from late Sunday afternoon until early Monday morning. It was not especially cheap, especially for a Quality Inn. Continental breakfast was acceptable, but I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the side street as the rooms on the "alley side" are nois...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewOrleansfirstgal
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Maine
Reviewed October 22, 2011

THE QI Downtown Baltimore is in the city center and walking distance to the convention center. Parking garage is right next to the hotel, making it a good option for travelers with own vehicle. The lobby is a bit dated but ok. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are on the small side but clean. The decor is a bit strange with a combination of classic and modern. Walking distance on Charles Street are numerous small restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ab1966
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you from all of us here at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore for your nice review. We are happy our location fit your needs and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2011

A group of girlfriends and I were in Baltimore celebrating a birthday and booked this hotel. We chose it because we are Choice Rewards cardholders and the location seemed like it was perfect--close to the Harbor, yet decent priced. Like most other reviews, this Quality Inn had to be one of the nicest we have stayed at. The rooms looked good, the bathrooms were phenomenal and the breakfast was tasty! The only drawback we had was the actual layout of the room was kind of small and cramped, especially for 4 women traveling for the weekend! What made this Quality Inn stand out from the others we have stayed at was the staff, in particular, Raymond. Raymond greeted us warmly from the moment we arrived and was eager to assist us with places to go. Being that we were celebrating a birthday, we wanted to hit some hot spots and he gave us some great suggestions that were all within walking distance of the hotel. He gave us directions on how to walk to the Inner Harbor and even pointed us in the direction of the hot spots there, too! His recommendation of Mo's Seafood & Pasta in Little Italy for excellent dining was spot-on and the best part..they provided a shuttle to and from the restaurant! We had a fabulous time the entire weekend and thanks to Raymond, we didn't waste valuable time trying to find good places to eat and drink at! Excellent hotel that I wouldn't hesitate staying at again or recommending to friends looking to travel to Baltimore. Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kiki S
Portland Maine
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here on my way through from PA. This Quality Inn was nicer than most I have stayed in, and can't beat the location. A lot of others in Baltimore were very high priced, and this one was a much better deal, location, and seemed to offer everything that I needed while visiting the city. Quick walk to the Inner Harbor area as well. I will stay here next time I'm in Baltimore.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank branguertin
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore. We hope to see you again soon.
Maryland
Reviewed September 23, 2011

In the past, this hotel has had mixed reviews. I think they must have done some major redecorating. At least our room seemed newly redone, with stylish fixtures in the bathroom, new wallpaper. and other improved amenities (TV, coffee maker, etc.). Quite a decent breakfast as well. Surely it's the best bargain in downtown Baltimore hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ForestHansen
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Baltimore Plaza Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
 Your complimentary review of our hotel, the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore,is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have wanted to stay in downtown Baltimore for a long time after working here several months ago so i could try some downtown restaurants and see the city at night.

Last night the 17th, I checked in here as I am big on Choice Hotels. Now I won't kid you and tell you that everything was great, it was not. To most, my complaints would seem pretty minor but I felt like the personnel at the front desk mostly just didn't care and didn't take care of my needs. In the morning I complained and left feeling like I had been taken advantage of.

I did call back and asked for the General Manager, left her a message.

Well, I got a call back and she was actually concerned about my experience. Of course refunds were offered, extra points, etc. I am not that guy, what I wanted was simply for someone to understand that my time away from home was interrupted and not as enjoyable as it could have been and just make sure it doesn't happen again. Just acknowledge me. I believe that the GM actually did care and really wanted to make this a better place to stay.

So while not in the top ten, possibly yet, I do believe they mean it when they tell you they care about your stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business