“Fresh, well prepared food. Fair priced”

Regi's American Bistro
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Cross street: E. Hamburg
Santa Barbara, Calif
“Fresh, well prepared food. Fair priced”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Regi's was recommended for lunch by our hotel concierge (Intercontinental). Our meal was very good. Of course one of us had to have crab cakes, (as part of a "crab cake" tour of Maryland, Regi's is worth a visit for that). Prompt and efficient service. Good menu choices..... and FRESH.

Visited March 2012

Crozet
“Poor recommendation from the hotel...”
Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was not bad, but the prices were way too expensive for this style fare and the size of the portions. If you have the money to go here, kudos to you.

Andreas, Pennsylvania
“Not safe for people with food allergies”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

When we walked in we asked if they could accomodate with gluten-free choices, as I have Celiac Disease. We were told that they could, and the waitress seemed very knowledgable, and even warned me of possible cross contamination with some dishes. However my meal came out on barley (gluten) and when I told her I couldn't eat it was brought out a few minutes later, luke warm, on a new plate with mashed potatoes. The waiteress asked if I needed it totally remade, and I told her yes, but I guess the cook didn't take it seriously. I ended up not eating it for fear of getting sick from the barley on the bottom of the meat. However, the appetizer was delicious, and my boyfriend greatly enjoyed his food, as well as mine.

• Visited March 2012
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Pleasant meal, but not blown away”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My visit was on a Sunday evening around 7 PM with my husband and another couple. We went on the recommendation of our friends - "Regi's American Bistro on Light Street is very good and the prices are reasonable." I agree the food is good. I also think the prices are probably reasonable for the city, but I can't speak to that very well, as we don't eat in Baltimore very often. Between my husband and I, we ordered a bowl of soup, an appetizer, a sandwich with fries, and 2 desserts and paid around $55 including tax and tip. Not something we could afford to do every week, but OK for an occasional night out with friends. We had taken the Light Rail into Baltimore, so I can't speak to the parking in the area.

The bar area was crowded when we walked in, which made navigating back to the restaurant part a little claustrophobic. There was no room in the main dining area, so we were seated in what seemed to be a hallway of sorts. It felt very narrow with the tables that were in there, and I was afraid we would be constantly jostled by people and waiters walking in the aisle, but thankfully that was not the case.

My husband ordered the cream of crab soup and the lobster mac and cheese and enjoyed both of them. I ordered the Thanksgiving sandwich - turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce on toasted bread - it was a LARGE sandwich and very delicious! The cranberry sauce was my least favorite part due to the fact that it had the skins in it and I didn't like that texture, but to others who like real cranberry sauce (I prefer jellied, from a can; sad, I know) that would probably be a selling point. It came with a side of fries that were also delicious - they had a hint of seasoning, without being overwhelmed by it. For dessert we each ordered a piece of the chocolate flourless cake - it was very yummy, thick, almost like a piece of fudge, with raspberry sauce drizzled over the top.

One note on the menu - it is fairly extensive at three pages, but a fussy eater, like me, may not find many options. This is absolutely NOT the restaurant's fault, but my own food dislikes. I was very hungry, but only found 2 or 3 items on the menu that I would consider eating, though some of that was the prices as well.

Our waitress was very attentive. We didn't feel rushed to order or eat by the wait staff at all.

So, the big question - would I go back? On the basis of the service, yes, absolutely, and I would be drawn to the outdoor seating in warmer weather. On the basis of the menu selections and pricing.... I'm not as sure. I came away very satisfied from my meal, but was disappointed that I didn't feel like there was more on the menu that I was interested in. Again, not the restaurant's fault. :)

• Visited March 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“A Gem of a Place”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We love to go to Regi's. The food is always good and the staff is very friendly. The owner - Alan - takes a special interest in seeing that his patrons are happy and enjoying the food. This is a great place to go before or after the Ravens Games.

Visited December 2011