“Great location - poor service”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Cross street: Eastern Avenue
Transit: Water taxi
Description: McCormick & Schmick's prepares fresh seafood in a traditional manner with a contemporary twist. Entering our traditional-style restaurant is like being transported to an earlier age. The hand-crafted walnut wood, beveled and stained glass create a warm, sophisticated atmosphere of a private club. "Inviting dining rooms with their superb waterfront views will immediately put you in the mood for treasures of the sea....The deep selection will have you agonizing over choices" - Baltimore Magazine, April 2000 McCormick & Schmicks guarantees reservations for indoor dining only. Specific seating requests will be honored based upon availability. Outdoor seating is done on a first come, first serve basis.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great location - poor service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped in for a mid afternoon libation. Took forever for the hostess to speak to us. The place was 25% if that full. When asked for a table in the shade she said they didn't have any but several were open just dirty. Asked to have one cleaned and she said we would have to wait. She went over to a group of servers standing around talking. After about 5 minutes one came from inside and started cleaning tables. He seemed to be the only one working.

Once we got seated we were promptly waited upon and it went well from that point on. The wine was excellent, the view fabulous.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lynne B

• Korean first
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great location and service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had dinner there on a Monday night, my second vist to this restaurant. We had a trainee waiter named Trevor who did a great job. Several members of the wait staff helped our table at different times or as we were trickling into the dining room and all were super friendly. I had the soft shell crab which was good but not great. Everyone else with our group had wonderful meals so it could have just been my tastebuds. I would go back.

Columbia, Maryland
“Mothers day lunch”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I took my wife to Lunch on Mothers day. We had reservations and were seated right away. The view of the harbor was wonderful. However, we waited almost 15 minutes before any paid any attention to us. They were Really busy and the wait staff seemed overwhelmed. The waiter was really nice and everything went much better once he came over. The food was wonderful. My kids really liked it (they had blackened swordfish and parmesan encrusted flounder) which is saying something. I had the crab cakes and my wife the talapia. It was really good. All in all it was a good experience and I recommend it for special occasions.

1 Thank TooOldtoRun
Maryland
“Noisy, and a long wait for food to come out of the kitchen”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our second time to this McCormick & Schmick's and my opinion hasn't changed. On this occasion we were there mainly for drinks prior to a concert at Pier 6. This McCormick & Schmick's is always busy, but our waitress was very attentive and we didn't have to wait long for them. For the one person in our group that ordered food, we had to ask how much longer it would take. It took forever to arrive, but I was told it was very good. My biggest complaint is how noisy the restaurant is. It was so noisy I could barely hear the others in my group speaking. Although the wait service was good, the overall noise level and the time it takes for food to come out of the kitchen will keep me away.

1 Thank jaimeelsabio
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Best bar tenders anywhere”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Have been here in in the past, always great. Latest visit May 12, Mothers Day evening. Spent the week-end at the inner harbor for my wife's birthday, Little Italy the first night, and McCormicks sunday night. Previous visits we started at the bar, but this time we stayed and ate our meal in the bar area. Our bartenders, Cole & Jonathan where the greatest ever. Not only where they experts at their craft, knowing the menu and wine list, they took the time to get to know my wife and I which we appreciated very much. It was a relaxing evening, oh, and the food was outstanding, as always. If you get a chance, please stop in the bar area and ask if Cole or Jonathan is working.............you won't be sorry!!!!!!!