“Taste of Spain”

La Tasca - Baltimore
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Wilmington, De
“Taste of Spain”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had the Taste of Spain menu. A bit pricey for what you get, but not too bad.
Food was mostly tasty, though the meatballs weren't very good to me and the paella with chorizo contained no chorizo.

Loud atmoshpere and some flamenco dancers on this Saturday evening.

Smyrna, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice while visiting the inner harbor. This is a Spanish tapas restaurant so they serve smaller portions of food which allows you to try several dishes. The food is great and the restaurant is on the second floor of the shopping pavilion which allows the restaurant to offer great views of the inner harbor and plenty of outdoor seating. Service was quick and friendly. This is a great place to sit back and enjoy the inner harbor while snacking on some tasty food.

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Manager Made My Night”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I enthusiastically recommend La Tasca for dinner if you have a love of Spanish cuisine and love tapas. I've been to La Tasca before and enjoyed the experience. This time around my husband wanted to have a light dinner and I thought their small plates would be a good option for him to try.

As a light appetizer we ordered Pan a la Catalana, a toasted, airy rustic bread served with our grated vine-ripened tomato, olive oil and garlic spread. I consider it to be the Spanish version of bruschetta. We decided to order their Paella de Carne, a meat paella with bone-in chicken and duck, along with seasonal vegetables. The dish takes between for 40 and 50 minutes to prepare, so it's a good wait before it arrives.

Unfortunately the kitchen made a mistake and made an older version of the dish that included pork. My husband and I don't eat pork. We let the waitress know the mistake after the dish had arrived. Due to the long wait my husband didn't want to reorder it. Our waitress sent the manager to the table and he not only did he apologize for the kitchen's mistake but he explained how it happened. Due to our long wait, the manager comped our dinner and let us order other small plate options off the menu.

Despite the mistake he wanted to ensure that we still had a good dinning experience and we did. He went beyond what I expected him to due and my husband and I appreciated how the manager handled the situation.

He made my night and I'm very thankful for what he did.

Tn
“New chef means authentic food from Spain!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was visiting Baltimore and found it's location to be great, right on the water. Their service was good and on point. And the food was great! I am from Spain and was craving some food from home and decided to risk it. We got lucky, the chef was new and from the Basque area, where the food is particularly good. We had serrano ham, quite good and the manchego cheese was delicious, the shrimp with garlic was perfect, the alioli yummy, the chorizo (wich was chistorra) was the right consistancy, the chicken empanadas were absolutely awesome, the chickpeas soup was so good... everything was delicious and the coffee, omg. Which is why we went back twice that weekend. I would highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Jackson, New Jersey
“This place was amazing”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had one of the sampler meals and it was amazing. Just the right amount of food served over two courses for two people. We will be coming back to try more of the food.

• Visited December 2012