“Very good Tapas and wide selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tasca - Baltimore - CLOSED

La Tasca - Baltimore
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Cary, North Carolina
“Very good Tapas and wide selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food here was very good and better than I expected considering the location as I have found restaurants in tourist areas inconsistent at best. The reviews on tripadvisor certainly helped and we were very happy with our meal. We opted for the selection of 5 meats and cheeses, a bread and the $65 tapas platter of their most popular tapas. There were 4 of us and we could not finish it all. Service was average. Great view over the harbour and yes this place gets very busy.

• Visited August 2012

Bowie, Maryland
“Agree with other reviewers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We (3 friends) decided to order the "taste of Spain" I came in late and didn't really look at the menu but the other two ladies I was with kind of told me what it was. I had showed up a little late having trouble finding parking. And I agree that the variety was not that spectacular. Heavy seafood theme. The best one was a marinated chicken skewer, with a second of a lamb chop with sauce. Believe it or not. The childs dish she ordered for her daughter was very tasty. It was better than some of the tapas(LOL) it was a small fried fish and home made chips. anyway The sampler came with a pitcher of sangria ( I don't even drink) and I had to pay extra for tea. needless to say the bill for that was $75+ and we split it three ways. I don't think I'll have the desire to have Tapas again any time soon

• Visited July 2012
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Not bad, but not interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Only my third time doing the whole "tapas" thing...I had anticipated more variety in the flavors of the food, but found much of it to be varieties on the same theme. Also, the wait staff weren't particularly helpful (they weren't rude or anything...but if I am going to pay $40-50 for dinner I would expect some recommendations, etc.)

Visited August 2012
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Not so bueno”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

In general, I would avoid almost all the restaurants in the Inner Harbor area. At La Tasca the sangria was way too sweet, the salads were completely saturated with dressing and the chorizo looked and tasted like supermarket sausage links.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Horrible service and watered down "Sangria" with no alcohol”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Avoid this place...La Tasca is a big ripoff. We just went there this weekend and got a pitcher of Sangria. At first glance we were impressed as it was $20 for very large pitcher. However, the pitcher was basically juice....I've never had Sangria this bad. None of the 3 of us felt anything at all from the Sangria and each had 2 glasses. It was basically a pitcher of fruit juice. Even worse, when I brought this to the attention of the manager, he could care less claiming they use a recipe and went on to tell me what was included in the recipe. Nice try but it is pretty easy to tell if an entire pitcher of Sangria has no alcohol in it...

I won't go back there again and I would advise you against it unless you get something in a bottle to make sure its not watered down

• Visited July 2012