“Good food, terrible service.”
Review of La Tasca - Baltimore - CLOSED

La Tasca - Baltimore
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Columbia, Maryland
“Good food, terrible service.”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

First, I will clarify that we went to La Tasca during Baltimore Restaurant Week, so this may not be a typical experience. First, the food was great-- no complaints there. Restaurant Week features unlimited tapas, which was a great value for the price. The overall experience, however, was less than great. We had a reservation that we had booked with Open Table, but they claimed not to be able to find the reservation, even thought we had the confirmation number and e-mail. We were seated out on their little deck that stretches into the mall, right next to the door opening to the outside. In January, this makes for a pretty chilly seat. Our server came by and greeted us gruffly, and then seemed annoyed that we wanted a drink menu. When he came back 10 minutes later, we ordered drinks and our first round of tapas. 10 more minutes and the drinks came. 20 minutes and he came by again to see if we wanted to order more food, even though our first order hadn't come out yet. We did, and shortly thereafter, 5 of the 6 items of our SECOND order arrived. About 15 minutes after we finished those, the server came by and asked if we wanted to order more. When we said that we hadn't yet gotten the first order, he said "Oh, really?" and stared at us. No apology. After a few more seconds of staring, I asked if we should place the order again, and he said yes. (at this point, I had also had a conspicuously empty water glass for about 25 minutes) We ordered again, and the rest of the meal went pretty smoothly, although there were still 15-20 minute gaps during which we were ignored, even though the waiter was at the table right next to us.
From beginning to end, 2 orders of tapas took 2 hours, which seemed a lot longer sitting by a door opening and closing to a January night. Thankfully, we were not in a hurry. I wish I remembered the server's name so that I could be more specific, but I guess if you really want to know, head to the restaurant and ask for the server who hates his job and, it would seem, most of his customers. (I will say that when I walked to the bathroom, I saw several other servers who were polite and attentive to their tables. I'd like to think our waiter was the exception, not the rule).

• Visited January 2012

Delaware
“not what we thought”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

great location and views. we had to sit at the bar tables because we did not have a reservation and people who were very friendly with all the staff hugging and kissing like "family" took many tables at the front and on a saturday night. we saw a few other parties leave because the wait was too long for a table. the food was just ok nothing to go back for..the bar staff were great and seemed to be trying to make up for the lack of seating..

Visited January 2012
Pasadena, Maryland
“Generous sized tapas”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Spouse and I dined with friends on New Year's day. The restaurant is located on the second level of the Pratt Street Pavilion. The staff is friendly and La Tasca has a great view of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The sangria is very good and the tapas are generously sized and taste great. Good place for small plates.

• Visited January 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Tapas were nice, and the olive oil dish was awesome. My gf isnt huge on this place but I think the food is great. Doesnt have a typical Tapas atmosphere but the food is definitely great.

Visited September 2011
Reading,pa
“lunch time eats”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Quick tapas meal between the sites....did not drink...so unsure of that menu. Price expected with locations....great views and very close to inner harbor action

Visited December 2011