“Slow Service”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group. We had a table of 12 and went on a Saturday night with reservations starting at 8pm. We waited a bit before we were even seated. I was amazed as this restaurant knew we were coming for several months and our server ended up being one of the bartender's! There was another girl that helped her some; but it took forever! I was only able to get one drink the whole two hours we sat there. My order was the chopped salad and it also amazed me that both my chopped salad and another persons cold wrap were the last to be brought out while the others were eating. The timing of everything was horrible. The table was cleaned off and we waited a whole 40 minutes after everything was gone to flag down our bartender waitress to get our checks. I couldn't believe it. Very unprofessional!

There was a DJ there being that it was Saturday night and it is located within Power Plant Live. I'm usually fine with entertaining music; but it honestly was blasting so loud that it was not good for somewhere you would like to actually speak to someone beside you. I would never try this place again. I saw people celebrating their birthday and a bachelorette party in there that night. I couldn't imagine doing that at this locale. Maybe it was an off night for there; but honestly, when a group is showing up and on the books for months, wait staff should be scheduled more appropriately.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife chose this casino style restaurant and tavern for its fun atmosphere at Powerplant Live. Initially we experienced some problems because we made reservations for a big groups and brought cup cakes to celebrate my birthday party. We were informed by the rude staff that food is not allowed in the restaurant. Overall, I must say that we were disappointed with the service and the staff with the exception of Nick Ranko, the evening shift bartender on Friday, 14 Jun.
Nick was super awesome. Nick's customer service was great and because of him, I look forward to visiting again. He served us great drinks and made sure that we all had a great time. Nick's the man!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went ot Luckie's on 4/27/13 to celebrate my niece's birthday. I arrived about 9:55pm and was allowed into the establishment. About 45 minutes later I was approached by a staff person and he requested that I remove my hat. I told him that I wasn't going to remove my hat and then he said that I would have to leave if I didn't comply with his request. I explained to him that I was not going to take my hat off because I didn't do my hair and it was part of my outfit (keep in mind that I am a female hence the importance of hair ;). Anyway, the staff person grabbed the brim of my hat and pulled it off my head! He is so lucky that I wasn't in the mood to sue because he had no right to touch me. I wasn't being confrontational. I was merely asking him why I had to remove my hat considering when I entered the place, the persons working the door (who placed the band on my wrist) didn't mention anything about a "no hat" policy. I have been to places where guys aren't allowed to wear hats but I've never been asked to remove mine AND there isn't anything on their website that I could find that states "NO HATS". Nor was I informed of this policy prior to entering. Anyway, I asked to speak to a manager and he told me that I had to remove my hat or leave so I chose to leave. The place wasn't all that great for me to have to put up with being harrassed. The DJ was awful that night as well and what really gets me is that I was asked to remove a cute hat for whatever reason but they allowed girls in there that were dressed very sleazy. I won't be going back. There are way too many other places at Power Plant Live that don't have rude staff.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

celebrated my best friends birthday here this past saturday. organized a bar crawl through the power plant sales team (they are fantastic btw, if you ever want to plan a party there call them, they do everything for you and its free) the restaurant was not ready for us when we got there at the time of our reservation, the servers were slow disorganized and extremely rude.

The food was simple tavern food, not great but not bad either.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We called, to ensure a particular game was going to be shown. We went, food was gross, service slow. Game time approached, for the 2nd game we wanted to see (10 of us)....we were asked to cash out, for some reason. Then told they can't get that game...we left. The Hard Rock was glad to have us!!!

1  Thank dylanbug12