“Great people watching with good service and food!”

J. Paul's - Baltimore
Ranked #1,042 of 2,078 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Celebrated a friends birthday here who wanted to people watch and eat. They serve great soft pretzels to dunk in mustard as free bread. We all had crab cake. 3 had the crab cake platter and enjoyed 2 decent size crab cakes, with salad and I have forgotten what else went with it. I had the crab cake sandwich which was good but the fries served with it had a coating of spice like you put on crab. I am not a spicy fan and would have liked the warning as I would have requested they hold it. Service was fine and the people watching just fabulous!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I stopped in for a very late lunch. The restaurant was deserted, but considering the hour, that was not a deterrent. Our waiter was very convivial and welcoming and service was quick. I had the mussels and my friend had the cheeseburger sliders. The mussels were done to perfection and the broth was absolutely delicious (wish I had a spoon) and the bread was crusty - this was a perfect late lunch - I would go back again.

1  Thank Traveldiva36
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been taking out of town guests and business clients to J Paul's when seeking good food and a chance to sit outdoors and enjoy the harbor sights! Visited there again last week with friends from Massachusettes and New Jersey, we grabbed a table on the patio on a beautiful evening for a quick dinner. Started with the warm salty soft pretzels that were provided as we sipped our wine and looked over the menu. Three of us had the house salad which was spinach, goat cheese, strawberries, candied pecans and tomatoes - everything was very fresh and very tasty! We also split the sliders which were very well prepared and just right as an addition to the salad. The 4th in our party ordered the J Paul's burger - she is one who prefers her burgers well done, which sometimes is delivered as a hard, dry unrecognizable lump, but here they got it right. Although cooked well, it was still juicy and quite flavorable! Overall, the food continues to be consistently good and the location is great!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

From the Maryland crabcake appetizer to the Mahi-mahi tacos to the J.Paul house salad for my vegetarian daughter the food was tasty, flavorful, reasonably priced and the presentation was unique. The cucumber side salad was delicious as was the homemade cole slaw.
We were visiting from Chicago and wanted some authentic seafood...and that is exactly what we got along with fabulous wait service.
Will definitely dine here again when in the Baltimore area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was drawn to the "award winning" crab cakes. The serving size was small and the sides unimpressive. Slow service even though the place was not at all busy.