“Perfect place to stay in Baltimore”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Admiral Fell Inn is the perfect place to stay in Baltimore. It is conveniently located on the harbor and is easy to get to. The room I stayed in was beautiful and the balcony had great views of the sunset and overlooked the harbor. The hotel staff was excellent, and they were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay at Admiral Fell Inn and I look forward to staying there again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed December 30, 2010

Friday, December 17th, I stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn with a few of my sorority sisters and we had a blast. Dorien Murphy was an excellent host and a great help. He made sure our rooms were warm, he made sure we had enough towels, blankets, etc. He had a very pleasant and helpful attitude and he definitely made me want to come and stay again. I definitely will. I would recommend this hotel because of his great customer service.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel was great! My sorors and I had a wonderful time as soon as we stepped foot in the foyer. Check in was a breeze and we went into our wonderful rooms with beautiful canopy beds and a breathtaking view of the city. At one point our room did get a bit chilly but an employee, Dorien Murphy, quickly bought up a space heater and extra blankets and ensured us that if we needed anything else to just give him a call (an offer we took him up on until his shift was over..lol..). The service was great and they even offered a ghost tour of the hotel. Its location is great its in Fells Point with great food and fun a couple of feet away. Its in the middle of convenient shopping and lots of fun!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My 25th birthday was a blast. We decided to stay at the Admiral Fells since we saw a good deal on Groupon. When we arrived the hottie at the front desk (I hope he's not embarrassed. He knows who he is.) checked us in quickly and oriented us with the bars in the area. We settled into our room and we loved it. It has so much class. We then had a few cocktails in Adela (the hotel restaurant) to start our tour of fells point (which really reminds me of Adams Morgan in DC) Afterwards, Dorien took a picture with us and recommended his favorite bar, then called his friend at Meze Restaurant so my girlfriends and I could enjoy more drinks at their bar. They were really booked but he made sure we had the entire bar to ourselves. What service! After a night of partying we returned to our rooms and slept like drunken babies. When we checked out, Rachel helped us with cabs to the train station. The service was so quick and responsive, I will definitely return to the Admiral Fells when I come back to Baltimore.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I have never been around more friendly staff in a cozy hotel that provided a real sense of luxury and history combined with a fantastic neighborhood. Bertha's Restaurant is unique, serves great food and is literally a few steps away from the hotel. The shops were interesting - packed full of unique items and kind, helpful workers. This area, Fells Point, is a small Georgetown! I highly suggest all give the hotel and the area a try!

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I was planning a quick romantic get-away and needed a hotel. I did have reservations somewhere else and I was feeling ok about them. But then, the Groupon Gods smiled on me and offered this beauty of a hotel for all of $62 a night. Score! So I bought the Groupon and cancelled my other reservations. Looking on Yelp, I was a bit apprehensive. But I also know that some people just don't Yelp nicely because they're jerks.
My good experience with this place started even BEFORE we got there. Kimber, my Harbor Magic Experience Specialist, was very knowledgeable and helpful when it came to planning my trip. She recommended restaurants, told us about parking and was very prompt in getting back to me when I had questions about anything.

We arrived at the hotel. Though its in the heart of Fell's Point, near the bars, its not close enough to where you'd hear any riff raff. We don't like riff raff. We were greeted by Dorian, a very professional front desk person. He took care of us, ensuring that the feather pillows I wanted were in the room when I arrived.

We got to the room and it was so nice! This hotel has so much charm and character! Each of the rooms has a name and a story behind it. It was a spacious room with a very comfy bed. The bathroom had its requisite soaps and shampoos and such and they were actually good products.

Kimber had sold me on a gift certificate to go to one of their restaurants. $40 for $50 worth of food. Not a bad deal. So I did it. We went to Pizzazz. Bad deal. Experience was so terrible that we only got $29 worth of food, making the certificate pointless. I called back to the hotel and told them about that so they could take the certificate off my bill. They were all so nice! Dorian handled the situation like a pro!
Wait, it gets better. Because of my situation with the restaurant, Dorian and Hakeem gave me a $50 certificate to the hotel for the next time I wanted to come back.
I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the overall look and feel of the hotel. Because we enjoyed our stay so much, we're now looking for reasons to go to Baltimore for an overnight stay. Thank you, Admiral Fell Inn staff, for making my experience so good! (This review also appears on Yelp and Facebook)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I recently stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn while attending a wedding in Baltimore and was sorely disappointed with the hotel. Although the rooms were decent (clean) the service was very bad, there were hidden fees and they did not deliver on their advertised amenities. When we arrived, they told us we had to pay an additional fee, which "most other hotels have." This fee was not advertised or included in our original charge and served no known purpose. Additionally, the "complimentary" shuttle connecting the Admiral Fell to its other hotels (Pier 5, etc) was consistently late. Additionally, the website advertises self-parking, but there is only valet. I would also not recommend this hotel if you would like to sleep at night: it is located is a very noisy neighborhood that does not quiet down until after 4am. Once we finally fell asleep, we were awoken again at 6am by the recycling truck outside our window at 6am on Sunday morning. All in all, this was a terrible experience and definitely not worth the money in Baltimore of all places. I might consider spending the money, enduring the noise and poor service in a real city, but certainly not there. Had the staff at least been friendly and attempted to accommodate us when many of these things happened it may have made the stay better, but they made no effort to make up for these shortcomings or even apologize for any of the inconveniences.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple