“Great stay apart from a few spots”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
british columbia
“Great stay apart from a few spots”
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This is a great place to stay for those who appreciate something different. For a three star hotel it is both an impressive experience and a wonderful location. Things got off to a slightly rocky start as our room key failed to work. Despite promises from the front desk I think we would still be standing there now waiting for them to open the door had it not been for a very pleasant maid who let us in.

Rooms are all individual and quirky - our heating/cooling system was more than adequate, though in mid summer it might not be the case. The hotel itself is full of character and charm, and everyone who works there has a wonderful helpful approach. The location is perfect for exploring the inner harbor and was a complete surprise for us given that this was our first visit to Baltimore.

My only gripe is this irritating hotel enjoyment tax. As we stayed on a Sat/Sun we were unable to take part in any of the routine weekly events taking advantage of the area and the hotel's heritage. We were still stung for the 'resort' fee - why not just incorporate the stupid thing into the base rate instead of adding it on at the end?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Lock Haven, PA
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I went to the Admiral Fell on recommendation from Johns Hopkins' personnel. Since I was working around appointments, I tried to make a "mini-vacation'"out of my free time. Access to the Water Taxis, Inner Harbor and all the attractions and restaurants made it a wonderful time.

Thanks to all the staff, the shuttle driver and Lou Johnson who made it all possible!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Lauraturner510
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Fantastic hotel, the staff was really great- nice and informative especially of parking. They knew about all the local hotspots. The room was very clean and historical with the canopy beds with plenty of room, especially in the bathroom which you don't find in most places! The best part is the location which is right in the heart of fells, you go outside and everything is right there! I went with friends and we had a blast but I would have loved to go with my spouse since I think it would be quite romantic!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Thurmont, Maryland
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stayed at the Admiral Fell In while enjoying a weekend at Historic Fells Point, Inner Harbour, Baltimore Maryland. Wonderful waterfront dinning, shopping and strolling. many excellent historic pubs and taverns with live music. This is a beautiful Historic Hotel very much in vibe with the Fell's Point atmosphere. Excellent location in the Center of Fell's Point. Beautifull historicall appointed rooms. And without a doubt the most personable, accomodating staff I have ever experienced. Assistant Hotel Manager Brett Henry and Registration clerk Jessica made my stay extremely memorable. I would highly recommend a stay here, the staff will make it magical!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn for my buddy's bacholar party and we had a blast. The service is wonderful and the staff are knowledgable about the area. The ghost tour and other hotel activities offered are alot of fun and add to the atmosphere of the hotel. I would definately stay here again when I come to Baltimore and reccomend it to anyone staying in the area. There is plenty to do in Fells Point and it is also close to all the downtown attrations. Along with the excellent service Admiral Fell Inn is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Ask for an inside room if you are worried about noise on a night when folks might be celebrating. I was there on Halloween and it was an amazing and never to be duplicated, experience but I would not have wanted to be in a front room!
The staff are the most courteous and helpful that I have ever seen and I travel a fair amount.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This was our first visit to Fell's Point and the Admiral Fell Inn was a perfect home. The location made it very easy to explore the area and the courtesy shuttle allowed us to explore other areas without taking our car out of the garage. The rooms were very nice and the restaurant and room service was very good. The staff was extremely helpful. I look forward to our next visit to the Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple