“Great Stay - Loved it Here”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed here after our friends wedding at the hotel. The wedding was beautiful and we had such a great stay. A couple of our friends stayed there as well and all of our rooms were different and unique. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our questions. We loved being right in the middle of the action in Fell's Point and had a great brunch at Meli which is located right in the hotel. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmoretraveler15

Reviewed July 19, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a quiet weekend away from the kids. The Admiral Fell Inn lived up to everything that they advertised. From the time week checked in on Friday evening until our departure on Sunday morning the staff could not do more to make our stay more enjoyable. They answered every question we had and gave great insight into the unkown secrets of Baltimore.

For a hotel that is as historic as the Admiral is, the guest rooms and lobby area are extremely well maintained. The staff of the Inn truely takes pride in their work and it shows at every turn.

Great hotel, Great staff, Great location

1  Thank EastCoastTraveler77
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Perhaps the Admiral Fell Inn’s greatest claim to fame is the supposed ghosts that reside within its walls. There were no ghosts to be found during my stay, and I can’t say that I blame them; even if I were dead, I’m not so sure I would want to hang around there either. While the Inn itself is beautifully steeped in an old-fashioned, unassuming charm, from its dimly lit, Federal-style lobby to its sprawling red-carpeted corridors that would make Stephen King drool with envy, the rooms themselves are products of age and what can only be constituted as human neglect.

Upon entering the room, my husband and I were assaulted by the overwhelming scent of mustiness, reminiscent of a dank basement. It wasn’t hard to see why. The air vents were literally caked in solidified layers of dust and grime, the ceiling was marred by signs of water damage, and the shower was a ghastly display of mold and mildew. Allergy suffers beware: if you are staying here, come prepared with an arsenal of decongestants.

I take pleasure in the simple things in life, like long, hot showers during my vacation. So you can imagine my utter horror when I see that the very shower/tub that I am supposed to be enjoying is grossly stained and spotted with the browns and reds of mildew, with the occasional random hair strewn about (do ghosts shed? I don’t think so). Now, part of the appeal at staying at the Admiral Fell Inn was so that I could fall in love with the charisma and uniqueness of someplace historically charming, instead of staying at your run-of-the-mill, sterile hotel chain. However, after one look at the shower, I wanted to run into the awaiting arms of the local Marriott or Holiday Inn, because at least there I would have been practically guaranteed a hot shower that wouldn’t involve a hazmat suite.

I had hoped that a good night’s sleep would help turn my frown upside down, though I worried that my night would be plagued by nightmares about killer mold spores. I never got the chance to find out. Sleep was sparse because of conversational neighbors congregating in the hallway all hours of the night, and though they weren’t especially loud, the walls are so paper-thin that they might as well have been carrying on their conversations beside my bed. I was even awakened by the sound of a woman’s cackling laughter a few doors down. A crazy ghost, maybe? My money’s on an obnoxious drunk in need of attention.

You can imagine how hard it is to enjoy Fells Point/Inner Harbor on just a few hours sleep. The one saving grace of the Inn, however, is the location. Everything you could want is at your fingertips, be it good food and drinks, quaint shops, or in my case, water-taxis (I was sleep deprived, so walking everywhere would have been a dangerous to my person). The proximity of all the tourist attractions was definitely a plus, and though tired, I enjoyed all of the sights and sounds of the area and the people. Another saving grace? The staff at the Inn were exceptionally sweet and personable and always willing to make you smile. Even if they were oblivious to the state of the rooms they represent, they were a pleasure to work with.

We were informed, upon leaving after a night’s stay, that the Inn was undergoing some updating. I hope this wasn’t just a line. The Inn has so much potential to be a historical and pleasant place to stay. With a little work, it could easily be polished into the shining gem of Fells Point. All it would take would be some hard work, a little creativity, and a lot of Tilex.

1  Thank finicky_traveler79
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed here with my wife as a getaway. It was an eligant but cozy place. The rooms were great and the service was even better. They put me in the wrong room at first but they quickly corrected it and upgraded my room to a corner juccuzi suite. I will be back!

Reviewed May 5, 2009

What a wonderful stay we had at the Admiral Fell Inn! Superb service from the moment we arrived. Very pretty and intimate room with deliciously comfortable bed! All "green" toiletries in the spacious and lovely bathroom! Very convenient to many fabulous restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Would not consider staying anywhere else in Baltimore. Ignore all of the negative comments. This is a lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 27, 2009

This was my very first time at Inner Harbor, MD and had the best time of my life! The hospitality and luxury of the Admiral Fell Inn made me feel like a true, pampered celebrity. Wonderful espresso martinis in their chic cocktail lounge, cloud-like beds, huge bubble bath jacuzzi, environmental-friendly toiletries...and the list goes on and on. Kudos to Admiral Fell Inn! Truly a magical experience!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Great, historic hotel! The location is right where you want to be in Inner Harbor for a relaxing, chilled-out and fun-filled stay! Friendly staff! Valet was prompt, front desk was extremely helpful! I can only imagine that the HR Dept behind the scenes is one of the best! We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple