Admiral Fell Inn
$172
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$204
$127
$119
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$231
$210
1,364 results
All reviewsghost tourfells pointwater taximario corradothames streetbars and restaurantscobblestone streetshistoric hotelnight lifethe general managervalet parkingshuttle servicefree shuttlejohns hopkinsthe location is perfectfront desk staffbaltimore area
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The hotel was recommended by a friend of mine. I should have checked the posts on this site. If over promising and under-delivering was what the hotel was after, then they succeeded.

After making our reservation, I was contacted by an "Experience Specialist" who wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. I thought that was a nice touch. I asked about family-friendliness of the hotel, the area, restaurants etc... We were taking my daughter for an over night trip to go to Port Discovery the next day. I was told that the hotel had a great restaurant Meli, that was very child friendly. I was also told that they would accommodate my request for a room with a nook or sitting area so that my husband and I didn't have to go to bed as early as our daughter.

Got there and went to room. The room smelled like disinfectant. The carpet was FILTHY. There were large brown stains and it crunched when we walked on it. THe room was set to about 80 degrees as well. We went downstairs to go to dinner and before going to the restaurant, I was asked by the front desk how everything was. I told them about the room and they immediately gave me keys to a different room.

Went to Meli. There was a 30 minute wait (after being told by the hotel we didn't need a reservation on a Monday night). Was sent to their sister restaurant ,Mezze down the street where it took them 20 minutes to bring a glass of wine. This doesn't work when you have a two year old with you - and we were assured Mezze was child friendly as well.

We got back and went to the second room. Also dirty. Mold on ceilings in bathroom. Dust on the night tables. Cob webs on the lap shades. Ugh! The room was right off of Thames Street. My daughter couldn't sleep and kept saying "I wanna go home!" I could go on about this but I'm not sure Its necessary......

This hotel has the right intentions when you first come into contact with staff. Once you enter BEWARE! They are not what they advertise on line, in their pictures, on the phone orin their restaurants. They really need a complete over haul.

Meli and Mezze's management should be replaced. They need lessons in how to recruit wait staff. Every wait person we encountered was either unfriendly and/or looked past us as if we didn't exist. I'm not sure why they told us they were child friendly. I enjoy dinners without kids as much as the next person. But why the false advertising? To make more money?

I hated every minute we spent there and would have gone home in the middle of the night if we hadn't already planned on Port Discovery the next day. Please don't go!! Save your money and go to any of the big chains in the city instead.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
twpmom, Amanda Koenig Assistant Marketing Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2009

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. The hotel staff would
like to extend our deepest apologies for the shortfalls that you
encountered during your stay at our hotel. It is never our intention to
fall short on our promises, and we take great pride in delivering on our
guest's expectations.

All of your issues are being addressed to better our service. Our new
partnership with Meli is something that we are improving, and we are
very excited to team with them to provide a quality restaurant
experience for our guests. My name is Brett Henry, and I am the new
hotel manager at the Admiral Fell Inn. I would greatly appreciate it if
you would contact me in regard to these matters. Thank you!

Reviewed February 16, 2009

After reading the negative reviews on this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by it and rate it above average. There is a caveat to this rating in that I paid a total charge of significantly under $100 via Priceline. If I had to pay around the $200 a day rate advertised at many sites, I would rate this hotel as average. My expectations for an under $100 a night hotel are different than my expectations at a $200+ a night hotel.

My room was reasonable sized, clean and nicely furnished with a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was functional. Overall, the word "quaint" comes to mind. I think I read that each room is unique and the Admiral Fell Inn is definitely is not your cookie cutter Hilton or Quality Inn. What really makes this hotel stand out is its location in Fells Point, near nice restaurants, and very close to the water. It would be ideal for a romantic weekend out.

As mentioned in an earlier review, you should expect the extra $9.95 charge for the 2 bottle of waters, access to a health club, newspaper, and other stuff I don't remember. Parking is $20 a day, not too bad for a hotel in the city. You might get around the parking charge if you find street pay parking, its probably cheaper than $20.

I would recommend that you get a room as high as you can get. The hotel is in a city and there is street noise till pretty late at night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Well, booked the hotel for a quick night away from Washington, looking to spend the evening in Fell's Point. The location of this hotel is perfect, right on the wharf, in the heart of this historic part of Baltimore.

Entered the hotel shortly after 4, the posted check in time, and was told, "Oh, I am sorry, I have some bad news. We had some guests from Johns Hopkins stay beyond their reservation and so we do not have a room for you. We can give you a room in one of our sister hotels. It is only a ten minute drive away." I asked why I had not been called about this and he just looked at me. I asked for the manager, demanded a room, and within ten minutes had the key in my hand. It seemed oddly like something they had done many many times. Do they just overbook all the time, or are they that poorly managed?

Despite the problem, the room was large and comfy. The hotel is charming in a sort of rundown historic hotel way. There were some stains on one of the chairs and some cracks in the plaster in the room. The hotel could use a pretty big overhaul. BUT, if you are looking to spend a few days in Fell's Point (which I do recommend), this place would do, just make sure to keep your expectations low, very low.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DarrenWashington
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I reserved and paid my room 2 months in advance. The day of my stay I called the hotel at 10 AM to confirm my reservation and make sure everything is fine and the front desk assured me everything is fine and CONFIRMED.

However, when I got to the hotel to my horror the hotel had given my room away becasue teh current guest a doctor decided to stay for another night and since the hotel is fully booked I was refer to another on of thier terrible and disgusting sister hotel.

I kindly ask to speak to the manager for an explanation and were told by the manager that because the current guest was a DOCTOR of John Hopkins and it is the hotel policy that John Hopkins doctor come first. Again I remind the manager that I had made the reservation and paid for the hotel 2 months in advance. They told me too bad it is the hotel policy. #1 Never plan to have any special occasion at this hotel because you might get bump becaseu some doctor from John Hopkins decide to stay in that hotel.

Bottom line this hotel is very discriminating and the manager needs to have people skill training.

I wonder what happen if you are staying in a room and a John Hopkins docotr decided that he/she wants your room. I wonder if the hotel staff will actually kick you out of the room?

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RCMW
Reviewed January 6, 2009

The hotel tried to charge me a 9.95/day destination fee when I checked in. I explained that since I used priceline, my reservation was paid in full. After a 45 minute argument, they clerk informed me that he would waive the fee for me as a 1 time courtesy.

2 weeks later I see the fee show up on my credit card statement!! Calling the hotel resulted in claims that they'd never waive the fee and I must be lying. I'm filing a dispute with my credit card company.

This hotel matched a 3 star bid on priceline in the fells point area. I strongly recommend that you do not use priceline in this area as you may get this hotel, and who knows what they'll try and tack on your bill!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ghost81