“The Best Hotel in Fell's Point, maybe Baltimore all together”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Best Hotel in Fell's Point, maybe Baltimore all together”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have traveled to Baltimore a number of times and stayed at a number of hotels there. None come close the Admiral Fell's. The staff is the best, the rooms always clean and comfortable, the tavern in the basement is great, and the location unmatched. There is Valet Parking at the door, so no worries there and some of the best restaurants in Baltimore are only a minute's walk away. On top of all that, they are dog friendly, so bring him along!! Do yourself a favor and travel to Baltimore to stay at this hotel and enjoy what it and the area has to offer.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
mikefro15, thank you for writing a phenomenal review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are absolutely thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your time while staying at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how wonderful members of our staff were. We are extremely fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll definitely make sure to let them know of all the kind things you had to say.

You also mentioned that we are pet friendly. Thank you for bringing this up. We do indeed welcome our patrons' furry friends to stay with them. We know how hard it can be to leave a pet behind when traveling. We didn't want our guests to have to make that decision.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We can't wait to see you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I understand pet friendly hotels, but don't put dogs on floors with non dog guests. No one wants a barking dog next door. Not a lot of attention to detail. Curtain rod falling down, reported but no one fixed. Missing water bottles. Elevators dirty.Location on waterfront nice.

• Stayed March 2014
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have previously stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn as well as the other Harbor Magic hotel, Pier V, multiple times. I even held my wedding at Pier V in 2011. I am always impressed with the customer service and hospitality at the Harbor Magic hotels. Their service always exceeds my expectations and I'm actually upset that I even am writing this review. I am however doing so because I was disappointed in my stay over the weekend. I stayed in the hotel Saturday night with a couple friends and we were very upset when we got back to the room to find ourselves practically in the nightclub below. We understand that Fells Point is a nightlife hot spot but this excessive loudness was inexcusable. We also understand that Admiral Fell Inn cannot do anything about the establishment that is now located pretty much within their building. However, I do feel that when you are booking the room/checking in that the staff can warn you that this is the case in certain rooms. For some guests the loudness may not be an issue if they plan on being out late and it would not effect them. On the other hand there are some guests that prefer to go to sleep before the clubs close. I did call the front desk around 12:30 and ask for assistance on the matter. Immediately the front desk said there was nothing they could do and said the hotel was booked for the night. She said that it would be stopping soon (closing time isn't until 2) and that the club was working on sound proofing. She did offer to call the club and ask them to turn down the music. I'm sorry but why would a club do this and to be perfectly honest it seemed as if the music became louder after this phone call. We could literally hear the words to songs being blared. In the morning we complained to the front desk again who kind of laughed it off and said they'd take off the parking charge. I suspect this was their way of apologizing but I truly didn't feel like they cared at all. We overheard another customer complaining of the same issue at checkout and she said she even requested a room on a higher floor and was not accommodated. I was shocked at the disregard of the issue from a hotel I've had such pleasurable experiences with. Again, I know this is something Admiral Fell Inn cannot do much about but they should communicate this issue to their guests so it feels like they are sympathetic to the issue instead of blowing it off. I'd love to say I'll come back to stay but I'm really concerned about this noise issue. I'm afraid it's giving Harbor Magic a bad rep and I'm afraid they are going to lose business. I hate to see this happen to a great place but felt I needed to warn others planning on staying in the near future.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not facing Thames Street and one on a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kari h
kari h, thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at our hotel, and we'd also like to thank you for your continuos patronage. Upon reading over your review, we're very disappointed to hear about your stay.

We have private messaged you on here as we'd like to learn more details about your recent visit. We take guest feedback very seriously. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to speak with you and make things right.

Thank you.
Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and dog and I were driving home to NH from FL. And needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. The Admiral Fell was available and very reasonably priced. As other reviewers have noted the staff was very friendly and helpful. They were most welcoming to our large but well behaved dog also. The rooms are charming and well appointed and the way they integrated multiple buildings into the inn was seamless. We travel to Baltimore often and I think the location in Fells Point is great. Lots of good places to eat within a short walk and easy access to the harbor and all it's attractions. This is a wonderful place to stay and we will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
jocdocnh, we want to thank you for writing a fabulous review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way home to New Hampshire. We're incredibly happy to hear you and your wife had an enjoyable experience during your time at our hotel.

It's great to know we were able to accommodate you and your furry friend! As you mentioned in your review, we are indeed a pet friendly hotel. We always love when guests bring along their pet friends.

We're glad you felt our rooms were charming and well appointed, and that you also appreciated our helpful and friendly staff. As noted in your writeup, our hotel does consist of multiple buildings, seven to be exact, that are now seamlessly one. If you didn't get to this time, you definitely need to go on our ghost tour. You'll learn a lot of history about our hotel and the Fell's Point area.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We look forward to your next visit!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was in Baltimore for a conference and needed a one night stay. I chose this hotel based on location (not downtown by convention center) and I am a choice hotels member.

I did not expect the level of service, kind attentive staff and the hotel iself was loaded with charm/comfort and a home like feel. I was welcomed with a suite upgrade and a nice bottle of wine. The food/drink in the hotel was also wonderful.

I paid $100 less than the convention center hotels and received 5 times the service and value. If ever back to Baltimore-I will be at the Admiral Fell Inn! Great work guys.

• Stayed March 2014
j m, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a spectacular review. We couldn't be happier to hear you were extremely satisfied with your experience at our hotel.

It's great to know our level of service and kind staff fully exceeded your expectations. We are very fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our guests. We'll definitely make sure to let them know of all the kind things you had to say.

We're thrilled to hear you'll choose to stay at our property again if you're ever in the Baltimore area. We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to write a phenomenal review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you. We hope to see you back soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel to this hotel frequently for business and it has everything you would ever need. There's at least 40 restaurants in walking distance and two right in the hotel!
The bartender at the Tavern in the basement is amazing. My room is immaculate and the front desk service is beyond belief. Hakeem and Karim helped me out and they were stupendous. They even starting this new texting service which brings the customer service levels to a new high.
Great job management!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
raf K, we want to thank you for writing a fabulous review, and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our hotel. We're thrilled to hear you always have an incredible experience while staying at our property.

It's definitely a huge convenience for our guests to have easy access to so many restaurants. Our location in Fell's Point makes finding something to do, see or eat very easy. We'll make sure to let Hakeem, Karim and everyone else know they contributed to the success of your stay.

We are glad you love the new text messaging initiative we've incorporated into our guest experience. We've received a lot of wonderful feedback from patrons in regards to this new program.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a fabulous review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you. We can't wait to see you again!
Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our second overnight stay at the lovely historic Admiral Fell Inn and we were not disappointed. We travel all over the country and stay at many hotels, and few come close to the service and atmosphere that the Admiral Fell Inn offers to its guests. First of all, the hotel staff acts like they know you as soon as you walk through the front doors. Taylor and Hakeem are two of the most helpful hotel clerks that we have ever met. They both did whatever they could to answer our questions or get us something that we needed in our room. We felt like we knew them. Also both times we have stayed, the manager has gone out of his way to introduce himself and offer his assistance with special promotions at the hotel. We love their new texting program. We used it several times to contact the front desk for a wine opener or to get our car ready with the valet. Their return texts were prompt and courteous always.
The rooms are decorated in period style, yet they have all of the modern amenities that you are looking for in a hotel. Also, the rooms are clean. The only drawback to the room is being located on the busy historic Broadway and Thames Street corner where you will hear lots of laughter and noise of evening festivities in Fell's Point. By 2 a.m., things settle down and get quiet until mid afternoon the next day. If you go in expecting that, you won't mind it. You just need to stay up late too and enjoy the nightlife in Fell's Point on the water.
The Tavern Bar in the basement of the hotel and the breakfast on the top floor (with a view of the entire Inner Harbor) are two of the nicest features of our stay. The breakfast is a full omelet bar, waffles to order, fruits, great coffee, and more. Don't miss out on that with your stay.
Lastly, if you are into ghost tales, the Admiral Fell Inn makes no secret of being called "One of the most haunted hotels in America." We live in an old home and we are not afraid of strange noises in the night, but we can honestly say that we did have weird encounters both times that we stayed at the hotel. On our first stay, the TV came on by itself while we were getting ready to go out for the evening. On our second most recent stay, my wife walked out of the bathroom after washing her face, and as soon as she got in bed, the water came on and shut off in the sink. Also, the next morning, our toilet wouldn't flush and when I checked to see what was wrong, the valve had been shut on the toilet. Strange, but true.
Ghost stories just add to the inviting atmosphere of this 200-year-old, well-preserved hotel. We highly recommend you stay here when you visit Fell's Point, a really cool destination in Baltimore.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
mrspeale, thank you for leaving a phenomenal review, and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our hotel. We are incredibly happy to hear you had an another amazing experience at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how friendly and helpful our staff was. We are extremely fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll make sure to let Taylor, Hakeem and everyone else know of all the kind things you had to say.

We definitely believe of the paranormal activities that you mentioned occurred during your stay. We always love hearing about these odd happenings from our guests. If you haven't yet, you definitely need to go on our ghost tour. You'll love it and learn a lot!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back soon!