“Admiral Fell Inn ~ SIMPLY AMAZING”
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 1, 2011

On our first trip to Baltimore my husband and I booked a room at the Admrial Fell Inn, not only did we absolutely fall in love with the entire place and the professional staff but we can not wait to book another trip there.... hopefully it will be SOON!

The amenities were wonderful, the rooms were immaculate and clean, the beds were cozy and heavenly, the atmosphere was romantic and nostalgic, the location was superb, the staff were courteous, humorous, helpful, and extremely professional, the overall feel of the place was quaint yet regal. I can NOT rave enough about this hotel.

They offer free activities, including wine and chocolate... as if that were not enough there are evening receptions with light snacks followed by a ghost tour! My husband and I had a fabulous time and truly cannot wait to visit this hotel again! EVERYTHING about the place was WONDERFUL!

Sincerely~
Fell Inn love with Admiral Fell Inn
Heather and Mike

Room Tip: I honestly think every room they have is wonderfully unique and you can not go wrong with any of the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Admiral Fell Inn

Reviewed October 27, 2011

A charming old world hotel close to interesting shops, restaurant & water taxis. Free shuttle service to Pier 5 - downtown area.
Rooms weren't large, but reasonably appointed. Second floor has a few sets of stairs to negotiate, but the porter will help with bags.
Liked their green policy.

Room Tip: Check first if you don't like stairs. There aren't many, but not suitable for everyone.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I cannot say enough about the wonderful stays I have had at the Admiral Fell Inn. I have stayed while on business and with my family for a weekend get-away to visit my son. The service is outstanding. I have found the staff to be exceptional - they are very helpful - always smiling, welcoming and cheerful. The dining is also great. I have never had a bad experience. The hotel is located in the best of the Fell‘s Point– right across from the water with the water taxi just steps away and within walking distance to several good restaurants and unique shops. The hotel ‘s 18th century décor makes it very charming and unique; the rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. I appreciate the wireless internet and having a coffee maker in the room! I highly recommend this hotel for family vacations or for business travel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I booked a one night stay in September at the Admiral Fell Inn because several conventions in town made it impossible to find any other hotels closer to my husbands meeting downtown. Although it wasn't our first choice, overall we enjoyed our stay. The location in Fells Point is both a positive and a negative. On the plus side, you are close to restaurants and bars and in the heart of this little historic district. The hotel does a nice job with their wine/beer and cheese happy hour which features a costumed storyteller who offers historical accounts of life in Fells Point from its founding onward. The tiny lobby actually becomes a bit of a party with the storyteller bringing the disparate group together with her tongue-in-cheek/somewhat satirical , but historically accurate delivery. The hotel also is attached to a well-reviewed tapas restaurant where we had a drink pre-happy hour (starts at six.) On the negative side, the location in Fells Point is noisy. We were awoken at 3 am when the bars let out to screaming, laughing and I swear someone was playing a saxaphone.... And this was mid-week! I can't imagine what a weekend night would be like. Our room did face the street on the third floor so there may be quieter, higher floor options. The area also feels a bit dangerous, which didn't stop us from walking to dinner across the square, but was reinforced the next morning when we were having breakfast at the Fells Point market on the square surrounded, I kid you not, by a parade of at least seven policeman in full swat team gear (bullet proof vests etc). The rooms at the Inn are on the older side with tiny out-of-date bathrooms, but the bed was comfy and the free water bottles were appreciated after the generous happy hour. The Inn staff are also very friendly, not overly professional, but I appreciated their humor and their casual vibe. All depends what type of experience you are looking for, whether or not you will enjoy the Admiral Fell Inn.

Room Tip: Beware the noise when the bars close and request a quiet room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank luv2travel23451
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hotel is located in an amazing area. I was on a business trip with many colleagues. Every room was unique. A few of the rooms (including mine) were a little run down. I love to stay in boutique hotels because of the charm and character but some of Admiral Fell Inn's old world charm was just old and run down. It wasn't bad enough to keep me from staying there again but just be aware that your room might have stained carpet, a fridge missing one leg with a towel stuffed under it holding it up, a leaning microwave missing one leg and a chipped, peeling desk (all of these were issues in my room.) The bed, bedding and HVAC were all great and allowed me to sleep well each night. That's most important to me and I can't always say that about places I stay.
The staff was excellent and very friendly. They always seemed very happy to help with any request from me or my colleagues.
I wish I'd had more time to explore the area! I am planning a return trip for pleasure instead of business. I will consider the Admiral Fell Inn but I will also be comparing other hotels in the area based on features and value.
Overall, I enjoyed the Admiral Fell Inn but my room was not quite what I am used to.
I went back and forth between an "average" or "very good" overall rating. I chose "very good" based on the amazing service, other people's rooms, the lobby area, The Admiral's Reception, the Historic Ghost Tour and the Harbor Magic Shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HoosierDaddy46131
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stay at the Admiral Fell Inn every year in October for the annual Fun Festival. We always enjoy our stay at the Admiral Fell Inn. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The hotel lobby is just beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Fells Point is a great place to visit and the Inn is a great place to stay which exploring the harbor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank llevy0211
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Admiral Fell Inn is quite an interesting place. It has a lot of character. Each room I stayed in was unique. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They have a reception 3 times a week that welcomes guests and teaches you about the history of the inn and Fells Point. They also have a ghost tour that is fun and informative. The restaurants affiliated with the hotel are good and, again, the staff is friendly. I have stayed here twice and would definitely stay again. The street side rooms can be a little noisy, but the views are nice.

Room Tip: some rooms are haunted.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple