“Never disappoints!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great place for a bite to eat. Chicken kebabs and falafels platters are so delicious! Good size portions and made fresh. The hummus is amazing! There isn't a lot of seating, but turnover is quick so don't miss out!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This warm and friendly restaurant is one of our family's favorites. The owner does most of the cooking himself from scratch, with recipes from his mom and dad (his Baba). You'll get the best Middle Eastern food available in Baltimore. Be advised: it's very small, so if you want to sit down you might have a wait. Also, it does not serve liquor. You can bring your own wine, though.
Find parking on the street or down the street at the strip mall (you'll see the McDonald's arches). Lock up!
I chose "family" for what kind of visit this was but I would go there with my husband for a romantic meal, with friends, and for a business lunch (I wouldn't take a business partner to dinner there in case we had to wait).

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I work close to Baba's and eat lunch frequently here. The food is ALWAYS delicious. The only thing that could make Baba's better would be a larger place to fit all of the people in that have discovered this little secret! I love the veggie pocket over a bed of rice (the rice here is some of the best I've ever eaten) and the pumpkin hummus is just amazing (but only available during October).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've lived in the riverside area for over three years, and it would not feel like home without babas. The owner is the nicest man, the food has never disappointed, and it's BYOB. I love Babas!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Suggested this place for dinner tonight with my 2 sisters-in-law, after driving past it almost daily since it's opened. Finally got the chance to dine in, and was happily impressed with the food and the staff! The place is miniscule. REALLY small. We said to each other that we couldn't bring all of the girls with us, as there wouldn't be anywhere for us all to sit. All of the tables were filled when we arrived, and there were people sitting at the 4/5 person counter area waiting for their to-go order. We were able to sit at the counter once they had gotten their food. There was a line literally out the door for people getting take-out, so we figured that they must be doing something right!

Tonight, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs, but we weren't really complaining with a tab of under $50. And BYOB makes it that much better! We ordered the Medley Sampler for 3, that included Falafel, Hummus, Spanikopita, Olives & Feta, and Dolmas; The Zucchini Fries, The Lamb Kabob, Rosemary Beef, and the Mediterranean Pitza. Everything was amazing, and filling. So much so that we didn't actually get to eat the Mediterranean Pizza, we were so full! My personal faves were the Spanikopita and the Lamb Kabob. Service was friendly, and the owner and staff chatted us up throughout the evening. I can say without hesitation that we'll be back soon - I only wished they delivered!!