“OK karaoke bar for newbies.”

Aloha Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #708 of 2,049 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
“OK karaoke bar for newbies.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

veteran karaoke stars steer clear. The song book stinks like poo. You can find some average songs to entertain the crowd but nothing to wow them. Didn't even have Baja Men "Who Let the Dogs Out"

Visited June 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stopped here while visiting from out of state. Service is great. And the sushi is even better! We took a copy of their sushi menu home with us so we can ask out local sushi hangout to replicate some of their special rolls.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank L B
Maryland!
“Great sushi, location, service and prices”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've been here twice with the family after shows at the lyric opera house. The sushi is fresh, fast, the service is friendly-- what more can you ask for? We do simple sushi, sashimi and tuna/salmon rolls, so you can say we're sushi purists, so I can't comment on the "special rolls". The japanese udon is amazing. Does the job!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Marylandmama
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Fun and Tasty!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went to Aloha Sushi with my cousin at about 4pm and loved that there was no one else there yet. The service was perfect (neither too pushy nor too absent) and the choices were what really made me love this place. It is a really good place to try both authentic style sushi and sashimi but what really made it great was how they incorporated Baltimore cuisine into their special hand rolls. The Aloha roll was really tasty but the Maryland Roll was my favorite. Naturally it's not "authentic" but the taste was superb and it was a nice safety roll for those who aren't into raw fish. The special rolls are quite pricy (hence the downgrade to four stars) but the standard rolls are perfectly priced. Also, lots of parking in the area and a nice place to take a walk afterwards. I would definitely go again!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank michou83
“Smells chemical-y & received worst customer service of my life. I thought I liked it before.”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I was prevented from using the bathroom because I didnt have a table yet because I was waiting for my husband. The waitress then literally yelled at me about using the wrong set of stairs. It was bizarre. When my husband joined me later at the bar downstairs, she ended up coming up to me and yelling at me because I was explaining why we couldnt eat there. I repeatedly and calmly asked her to walk away but she kept yelling. I called later and asked to speak with the mgr but it was the same waitress and she continued going off. Disappointment because we used to go there every week. This was my first time encountering this waitress.