“Best location in Baltimore”

Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Clinton, New Jersey
“Best location in Baltimore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

I recently had to travel to Baltimore to look at a boat I was planning to purchase. After looking at the available lodging, it appeared the Pier 5 hotel was the best location for my needs. As it turned out, I believe it is the best spot anywhere on the Inner Harbor. It is situated on the water next to the National Aquarium, and has two of the best places to eat right in the hotel.
The staff is very helpful and attentive, and the rooms are very nice. Security is very good and there is ample room in the lobby to work if you are traveling on business. Valet parking is reasonable and all the Inner Harbor attactions are a short walk away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Leonia, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I expected that we were going to have excellent service the minute we greeted by the doorman of the Pier 5 Hotel in Baltimore, MD and we were not disappointed at any time during our three night stay. Everyone we came in contact with on staff was genuinely warm and courteous. The front desk was efficient and gave us good tips on dining and what the Inner Harbor had to offer in addition to booking reservations and arranging shuttles or cabs on a moment's notice.

Travel can occasionally be a challenge for us since my wife has MS. This hotel is easy to navigate, offers excellent accomodations and is central to all of the major attractions that the Inner Harbor has to offer. We can't say enough about the staff. Special kudos to Richard (doorman), Jada (front desk) and Roland (our frequent shuttle driver). There is more to see in Baltimore and we plan on staying at the Pier 5 on our return trip.

Peter & Lori Finn
Leonia, New Jersey

Point Pleasant NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at Pier 5, Inner Harbor Maryland. We found the room to be clean and quiet ,and the staff friendly and always eager to help in any way, especially Jada at the reception desk. The hotel is conveniently located right on the water with a beautiful view. We would definitely stay there again during our next visit.

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

Knew it was going to be good when we pulled up and saw a prime steak house and great seafood place under the same roof as the hotel. The hotel itself was in the harbor area, just a stone's throw from the aquarium. Staff were friendly and accommodating. I left some of my materials for a presentation at home, and was thoroughtly surprised when I inquired about a copy center within walking distance and the front desk offered to make copies for me.
The bed was to die for. And where else can you go and have your own personal hostess teaching you to make Maryland crab appetizers--Empress was a sweethart. I regretted not making arrangements to stay the weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Onancock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

Our recent trip to Baltimore was extremely enjoyable in large part due to Pier 5's helpful, knowledgeable staff and lovely hotel. The location on the harbor is the perfect spot for getting to some of Baltimore's famous sights. We didn't have to go far for dinner--two great restaurants next door. Our room was clean and comfortable and had a view of the harbor. It was a nice surprise to have the beer, wine and crepe party going on while we were there. It was fun. A special thank you to the young lady that checked us in upon arriving (5 May, 4:00 p.m.). She answered all of my guestions, gave me a map and provided tips on the local restaurants.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

Very art deco - interesting...every night at happy hour, free beer/wine and crab crepes..right on pier in perfect location. Bed was very comfortable (we have tempurpedic at home). Benjamin, at front desk, seemed to work alot - but happy about that as he had the perfect mix of professionalism, willingness to go above and beyond, and a great sense of humor!!!

Negatives include 9.95/day extra for newspaper/internet/phone and parking $20.00 per 24 hours...no choices with parking.

Everything within walking distance - views from room were great - we faced city - still saw some water (ask for view of lighthouse)....also, first morning, we received breakfast vouchers for restaurant downstairs (breakfast wasn't good at all - but free!!!).

3 good restaurants in hotel, flat screen tv, coffee & tea in room, hair dryer, ironing board and iron...safe, desk and internet access. No fridge.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

Came to Baltimore to see the Orioles and Red Sox. The location was perfect, and the staff was really helpful. I didn't know the area, but Jill was very helpful in telling me how to get where I needed to go, and also with any questions and needs I had at the hotel, like getting to a pool at a nearby sports club. It was a great stay and I'll definitely recommend it to friends. And the O's swept them!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo