Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton
$235
$161
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$204
$175
$199
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$231
$127
$119
Orbitz.com
1,410 results
All reviewscrabby hourchocolate fountainruth's chrisfront deskcrab dipinner harbornational aquariumboutique hotelfells pointthird floorwithin walking distancethe location is perfectharbor view roomthe entire staffwater taxishuttle serviceper day
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Join in the fun of crabby hour and any afternoon programs sponsered by the Hotel. Empress was perfect as our entertainment specialist. We also attended a wedding at the Hotel & Breylen was a perfect waiter for our table. This hotel is in a perfect section of the harbor and the water taxi's took us to all of the other sections. Go to Ruth's Chris while you stay here, it is right downstairs and worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I was recently in Baltimore on a business trip and decided to stay at the Pier V rather than a chain hotel downtown. While the location right on the harbor is great, the rest of my experience at Pier V was pretty disappointing. When I arrived on an 85 degree day, my room had no air on and had an unbearable musty smell. I asked if I could switch to another room, and neither of the women at the front desk seemed to know how to accommodate my request. One told me there was nothing they could do about it, and the other seemed completely flustered as though she had never encountered this situation before. I did switch rooms, and the second room still had no air on when I arrived, but no musty smell. Other minor complaints... the sheets felt starchy and rough (this might be a major complaint for someone who cares more about having soft linens) and not only is there no option to re-use your bath towels, but they actually replaced my bar of soap each day (i.e., not just left a new one, but actually threw out a perfectly good bar of soap that had been used once). However, the worst thing about my stay at Pier V was the unpleasant surprise at checkout (no bill left under my door, also... had to go downstairs and request one) that I had been charged a $9.95 daily "Destination Fee" in addition to my room rate. This fee covers amenities such as bottled water in the room (which I never drank) and happy hour (which I never went to). It seems outrageous to me to charge guests for unused amenities. Overall, it was a disappointing visit. When I return to Baltimore, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank trav603
Reviewed September 27, 2009

we did not actually stay there. we made reservations in June 09 for october 09 wedding for my son. his future wife had booked the entire hotel for weekend of oct 3, 09: reception, rooms, bridal suite--the whole deal.

when double checking our reservations (which showed up on the bride's printout), i was told that we were not 1: registered at all or 2: not registered for all of the nights. they had no rooms for us. the hotel desk manager hung up on me.

i moved $2,100 worth of room business to Marriott Waterfront. i heard people there are very nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kelleyosborn1
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Pier 5 last week while going to and from Johns Hopkins Hospital for a serious outpatient surgery. The hotel gives very good rate reductions for all of its services for Hopkins patients; a much appreciated consideration. Since the hotel is literally ten minutes from the hospital, we couldn't have chosen a better location. Not only is it close to Hopkins, but the hotel provides a free shuttle for Hopkins patients.
The front desk staff was very efficient and extremely friendly and asked us to let them know if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been given a room overlooking the water with a very nice balcony. The room was large with warm tones and a big bathroom that served us well during our stay. The balcony provided a wonderful view of the activities on the harbor.
The hotel itself has a beautiful atrium lobby with several adjoining restaurants that would be great for anyone visiting the area. Pier 5 even has what is called "Crabby Hour" with free crab concoctions , beer and wine for guests. We were unable to go down for it, but it looked like people were enjoying themselves sitting around a cooking demonstration and eating. When we return to Baltimore for a pleasure visit, we will certainly take advantage of it! The hotel also provides a free hot breakfast that was very good.
All in all, this hotel really provided a haven for my husband and I, and we would highly recommend it to anyone coming to Baltimore for business, pleasure or medical necessity!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Just spent 2 nights here and I have mixed reviews. The check-in and front desk staff were very nice and helpful - we were off to a good start. The room is eclectically decorated - fun and colorful and was reasonably comfortable. But we were disappointed that on 2 separate occasions when we called housekeeping to request a couple of items, 2 hours passed and we had to call again. Although the room looked clean - the carpets needed a good shampooing. The location of the hotel is excellent and parking was so easy. But at the rates charged for this hotel I would have expected clean carpets, a notebook in the room with the hotels internal numbers to call, local services and restaurants and an extra set of glasses for the bathroom. Overall the stay was fine - but I don't think I would stay here again considering the other hotel options in the area..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple