“Cloth napkin service, but not stuffy!”
Review of One-Eyed Mike's

One-Eyed Mike's
Ranked #22 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Description: Change of hours due to volume of business
DC Metropolitan Area
“Cloth napkin service, but not stuffy!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is rapidly becoming a favorite place for a good meal at a good price with great service. The menu has familiar items, but don't expect the "usual" preparations. There's always a spin on the spice or an ingredient that's tweaked so you get a nice balance of comforting and new flavors.

I've gotten eggs benedict several times at brunch; there are nice variations - salmon, crab and shrimp, petite filet - along with a more traditional one with bacon. But what's really nice is that the Hollandaise is very light and the whole dish isn't drowned in the sauce. Since the theme is Grand Marnier, there are several brunch cocktails featuring the liquor. If you don't like Grand Marnier, don't fear, the Bloody Marys and Mimosas are great. The steak and eggs and "just breakfast" are also good choices. Meat is always cooked to the requested temp and the eggs are never overcooked. And you don't have to get out of your comfy weekend clothes to walk into Mike's.

I was there for New Year's Eve dinner and the kitchen held true. Around the table, we had baked stuffed lobster, cioppino, surf and turf - all very good with little twists that made the meals well above average. (I'm happy to report that the vegetable sides are NOT limp - fresh veggies perfectly cooked with light seasoning.) The portobello mushroom cap stuffed with crab is not to miss - SO good! But skip the crab appetizer if it's on the menu - just average, and there are so many more interesting things to choose from. The dessert that night was ok, but not fabulous. What was really nice is that we were not rushed through dinner - I'll be remembering that for future special occasions.

Just go, pick something that makes you smile and prepare to enjoy the meal. :-)

• Visited December 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“BEST FOOD”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Best food and service I have ever had! I could eat there everyday! Service, drinks and food was amazing from beginning to finish.

Visited December 2013
Little Silver, New Jersey, USA
“Friendly Pub with Above Pub food”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Don't laugh at all the Grand Marnier bottles, the waiter says they like it! And we liked One-Eyed Mike's.
It is a very small seating area in the back behind the bar area, so if you are going with a group, call for reservations. Friendly wait staff had us smiling. The pork chop was very good; however, the mustard sauce on it was a bit overwhelming, so I took much of it off. My husband put it on his Italian sub and said it was a great compliment to the tastes.
All in all a very good pub to stop at for above pub level fare.

• Visited November 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How The Mighty Have Fallen!!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

So this nieghborhood bar used to be the best place to catch up with locals and friends alike. I have lived in Fell's for 10 years. My friends and I used to frequent OEM reguarly about 2 yeras ago. The bartenders used to be "startenders" and the food/bev was always good and correctly priced. The GM thing was always kinda an after thought for us. We all became members because we loved the place. Some of my friends and I decided to go back after hiatouse. There was no real reason why we did go for that span of time. When we go there we where shocked by yhe changes. The bar looks the same but the vibe changed . The bartenders used to be confident but not condescending, they would crack a joke but not cross the line. I don't know if we caught these guys hung over or just having a bad day but they sucked. It was a Sunday brunch we ordered some egg benidects. The egg came out rock hard and the hollandaise was broken to hell. But we did not complain just because we where hungry. There was a bartender with a pony tail who was just rude for no reason. Then there was curt who was the most condisending know it all I have ever met.
It was a little sad to see a place that was once so great fall so far. Oh well theres always Bartenders.
Eater X

• Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Authentic Bar Restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first visit to One-Eyed Mikes. Our friends made the reservation and they really like it. It was a busy Saturday night and even though we had a reservation we were seated in the outside, enclosed patio. It had ceiling heaters but was still quite chilly. OUr waiter was very nice but service was extremely slow. It took our food over a half an hour to come out and he did not check in often enough to see if we wanted more drinks or anything,. With all that said, the food was worth waiting for and very tasty. I had the lasagna which was delicious! Everyone was very satisfied with their meals. The bar is very cool, cozy and has lots of bottles of whiskey behind glass doors on the wall...apparently customers can purchase these and use them every time they visit. It is a small, quaint place with lots of character and Baltimore charm. We would absolutely go back, but make sure that we sit inside, if it's winter!

• Visited November 2013