“Fabulous Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baltimore Museum of Industry

Baltimore Museum of Industry
Ranked #20 of 224 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: The Baltimore Museum of Industry celebrates the innovators, entrepreneurs and workers who propelled this port city into the industrial age and beyond. From garment making to airplane manufacturing, food canning to video game design, visitors to the museum will discover how Baltimore's pioneering spirit built the region's manufacturing might and continues to shape Maryland today. Located in an 1860s oyster cannery on a five-acre waterfront campus, the BMI offers dynamic exhibitions, live demonstrations, engaging tours and hands-on activities for guests of all ages.
California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fabulous Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had the absolute pleasure of visiting this museum while attending a wedding. It was wonderful! My husband and I probably learned about U.S. industry in Baltimore as young children or maybe even in high school but neither of our higher learning paths were centered on industry so this was a good reminder. The exhibits were vibrant, interesting, informative with lots of 'eye candy'. We learned a lot while there and truly enjoyed all of what the museum had to offer. Since it was a wedding it was 99% adults and for us this was a special treat. We love kids and think this would be a great place for a family to visit but we also enjoy 'quiet', especially in museums.

I would not take my 2 through 6 year old here unless they were particularly interested in history or the city of Baltimore but I think ages above that would most likely enjoy and get something out of this. Adults will definitely enjoy!

I would also highly recommend this place for a wedding. I can't tell you how perfect the setting was; the ceremony took place under the large covered outdoor patio with bay as the backdrop, we had drinks and hors d'oeuvres out on the patio, bay side, and indoors were dinner table seatings, the run of the museum, dancing, etc., etc.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 50PlusCalifornia

Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Must See in Baltimore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This museum is a must see in Baltimore. Plan on 3 hrs to see everything. Price was reasonable for admission. This museum is recommended for anyone willing to learn about Baltimore's history and industry products. Very kid friendly. Step back into time at this museum.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Brad F
hoodlum95
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A first time visitor.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

As long as I have lived in Baltimore, 40 years, last summer was my first visit to the BMI. Parking is free and plentiful. The museum has lots to see and do. It is a great place for the kids. There are kids workshops inside. The view is absolutely wonderful. I do not see the exhibits changing too much, but I spent quite a long afternoon wandering around. You could not do often, but it was a nice time.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hoodlum95
Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I decided to have our wedding reception here and it was absolutely amazing, stunning and magnificent! The museum itself is ok but when the main room is decorated for a banquet, etc, it's truly stunning. The view of the inner harbor is second to none expecially at night. If you ever have a chance to go to or plan an event here (especially in warm weather), you will not be disappointed! Couldn't have turned out better!

If you are interested in using this venue for a reception of some kind, keep in mind that it is a musem and the main room has all of the decor you ever need. All aspects of catering need to be imported to the site as the museum does not offer food, drinks, etc. It's not a typicaly venue and certainly not a catering hall but something so much more. Wouldn't choose any other place to have the reception if we had to do it over again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kevin K
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Scenic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I got married here, so am arguably biased. It has a beautiful view of the harbor and the Domino's Sugar sign. If you get an excuse to visit at night, there is nothing like it! The museum itself is decent, but not too exciting.

Visited March 2014