$429
$111
$115
$89
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$104
$595
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
2,725 results
All reviewsthe executive loungediamond tavernconvention centercamden yardsballpark viewinner harboracross the streetlobby barwatch the gameball parkbaseball fanbaseball stadiumroom serviceexercise roomfree internetlight railfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I was bitten four times on my forearm by an adult bed bug in the middle of the night of June 20, 2010. I was traveling to Baltimore with my wife and two small children, aged 8 and 2, for outpatient surgery the next day. We stayed in Room 919 and slept in separate beds. Around 3 a.m. I felt the itch, turned on the light, investigated for a mosquito or spider and pulled back the pillow. There on one of them was a very small, almost-round, auburn-colored beetle scurrying fast across the white pillow. I flicked it hard a few times with my fingernail and killed it; my blood dripped across the fabric. I photographed it. We called downstairs and at about 3:45 an “engineer” arrived with insecticide and pliers. He promptly identified it as a bed bug and crushed the carcass with his tool. For the next 45 minutes we were interviewed, made to complete a lengthy security form and moved to another room on another floor (Room 1536). Later that morning, I had shoulder surgery.

We could not return to New York until the next day. We grew frustrated by the difficulty of being reasonably compensated for the room, inconvenience, discomfort, clothes cleaning and luggage replacement costs. Websites confirmed that it was a bed bug, and we contacted experts who advised us about the costly risks associated with bringing bugs home. Still Hilton management resisted anything but the idea that this was a) not a bed bug, b) an isolated experience or c) something we had somehow brought with us and carefully planted under the pillow on the far side of the room from our belongings. It became a nightmare ordeal.

I had an allergic reaction to the bites that grew swollen and inflamed for several days and required antibiotics. Eventually, our lodging expenses were waived, but Hilton declined to cover our lost luggage and cleaning request, $300. Needless to say, given the traumatic experience, the conduct of Hilton staff and management and the attempted intimidation by Hilton’s insurance company, we won’t be back and would never recommend this hotel to others.

P.S. I'll post the stomach-turning photographs at a later date if I can overcome the technical problems.

12  Thank Radprof
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Great hotel in a great location. We stayed in this hotel for 7 days while my husband was in town on a business trip. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is right behind Camden Yards and a 10 minute walk to the harbor. There is even a free bus that stops right in front of the hotel which will take you to the harbor. There is also a train station right behind the hotel which will take you to Washington DC.

Since the hotel is right by Camden Yards it is very loud on game nights, but the noise settles down around midnight.

I had many questions for the concierge since I was there while my husband worked. I spoke with 2 different people and they were both very helpful and had answers to all of my questions.

My only complaint is the lack of a pool. The only pool is an indoor lap pool for exercise, there is no pool for recreation.

2  Thank Janet M
ldjr, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Baltimore and are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of the great new addition to the City of Baltimore - the Charm City Circulator and to read that you were able to experience this service.

Additionally, thank you for sharing your experience with our concierge team and our great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

Nice hotel in a really good location. Within a 10 minute walk to the harbor and a great view of the ball park from the fourth floor of the hotel.
The conceirge seemed to be unavailable every time they were needed. However, we were fortunate enough to have the assistance of an extremely polite, helpful, knowledgeable bell hop, Greg. He went above and beyond to help us with all our needs and questions and always with a smile. He is an asset to the Hilton and should be commended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
ldjr, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Baltimore and recognizing a member of our team. We will be sure to share your comments with him.

We appreciate your loyalty.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have stayed in some nice hotels before and expect them to be above average. This hotel just didn't deliver. There pool facilities were not that great; the room was ok, the bed very uncomfortable. Just not what you expect for a nice hotel like the hilton. They even charge you for internet access. I was there on business; I need the internet!! It was $12 per day. yikes. I wouldn't pay the price I did and stay there again. The only bright spot was the service and hotel employees were nice.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dmarie34
ldjr, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hilton Baltimore.

Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and appreciate hearing if we have fallen short of that goal.

We have sent you a private message with the hope we could receive more specifics on some of the deficiencies you have mentioned.

We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for complimenting our service and team.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Stay here just about every time for conventions. Room overlooking camden yards is awesome, particularly if they are playing! Typical clean and comfortable room. Restaurant is located in building across street. I dont like having to pay for internet on top of the expensive rates, when other Hilton family hotels (Hampton Inn) can provide it for free.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hilton Baltimore experiences on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.