“Service was less than stellar, but rooms and location were great.”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Service was less than stellar, but rooms and location were great.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Arrived for a 1-night stay prior to my company hosting an onsite meeting. Onsite parking was great, and very convenient. Hotel location was perfect. Co-workers had perfect stadium views from their rooms. Check-in was a hot mess.
Arrived a couple of hours after check-in time with 3 of my co-workers. All three had rooms ready, mine was not. The front desk rep could not offer an estimated time my room would be ready. She also offered no alternative ways in which to contact me when it was ready (I asked if I could receive a call on my cell phone). All OK, but she acted as if my very existence was annoying to her. (I remained friendly with gritted teeth). I was VERY pregnant, needed to change to start set-up for our meeting, and thankfully my co-workers saved the day and offered their room for me to rest and change in. Once finally in my room - I found it above average in style & cleanliness.
We had major service issues with the meeting - doors locked, access issues, slower than slow setup teams, generally dirty conditions (we were finding & picking up dirty dishes from a previous meeting). Clueless banquet staff. MAJOR internet issues - our meeting almost failed because we couldn't get everyone connected into our system to take important votes. We paid a fortune for that horrible internet too.
Banquet food was above average, but our lunch room was at least a 10 minute walk from the meeting room. It was pretty crazy to say the least.
Summarizing - stay for fun or work, sure. host a meeting there? nope.
Note - my stay was in October, 2012.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank leilaniox
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in our meeting facilities and we’re working with our banquets team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I almost never use a third party to book my hotels. This time I did and paid the price for it in money and time! I booked the wrong date for my stay and did not realize it until I went to check in. Dante, who was at the front desk at the time was absolutely no help. I realize I made the error during a very busy conference time, but he basically shrugged hi shoulders and said there was nothing he could do. I contacted this third part to explain my error and they could not refund me but re booked me for the night I needed. Odd, as Dante told me they were sold out. When I came back to check in, I was greeted by Aga, who could not confirm my new reservation, but went out of her way to be sure I could be accommodated. While I had to wait a bit, she contacted the third party, who shouldn't have re booked and then accommodated me in the living room part of a connecting suite (this was all they had). It was on the 10th floor with an amazing view of Orioles Stadium and very spacious. The carpet and chairs need to either be shampooed or replaced. And although I had to sleep on a pull-out couch, which wasn't the most comfortable, Aga made sure I had everything I needed including comping me for dinner and breakfast the next day. Between my (and this third party) error, she did not have to do this, but I am ever grateful for her excellent customer service. She was the best! Because of my initial experience with Dante, however, I don't know if I would come back. In addition, with the busy conference, the staff at Diamond Tavern seemed extremely overwhelmed and understaffed. The location is convenient to the inner harbor, but you may find nicer accommodations for much less even closer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. Our guests' satisfaction is our priority and your detailed feedback will help us ensure we're doing our best to be mindful of this. Additional training opportunities will be available as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, certainly let us know.

Kind regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Modern recently built hotel in Downtown Baltimore 10 mins walk from the Harbor and next door to the Baseball stadium. Good local bars (Slider Joes) for drinks and cheap food across the street. Bar staff very poorly organized and often rude during my 4 days. Bar food is pre-prepared in the across the road/bridge restaurant and microwaved in the bar kitchen. This doesn't feel like a full service hotel. Built for the conference trade. I wouldn't stay even on business if not at a confernce. Parking is another $26 per day. Better stay out of town - I have done both (see Hilton Garden Inn Whitemarsh and Doubletree Pikesville) excellent business trip alternatives and on the whole better than this in terms of value and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 10+ overlooking the ball park.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our Food and Beverage management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Sincerely
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Staff was incredibly rude from arrival to departure. The only exception was the gentleman that brought us our room service. Rooms were clean but needed maintenance (torn wall paper, water stains on the ceiling). We ordered room service which took over an hour to get; the food was excellent. Great location. Not family friendly- no refrigeraters, place to put a travel crib.Will not go back--can get good food, good location, better customer service at another hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Lyon, France
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference. Everything about it was completely adequate, as I would expect: large clean room, ample conference facilities, efficient service, etc. I have nothing bad to say about it, so from that perspective it might merit more than an average rating, except that, like most business hotels, it's rather bland and predictable...average, in other words.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your time, as well as your valued feedback. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. I hope to see you again when you travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

Regards.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Baltimore and the Management team is really the worst I have ever cam encounter with. They fail to make their presents known to any guest, and also to even be friendly or show a sense of hospitality. I will never recommend or stay at this property till management change.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Charles J
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Fish Creek, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We arrived Friday evening at the Hilton and waited to check in at the front desk. There was a rude guest who said he was having a bad day and wanted the front desk person to know it. Tony was awesome. He listened to the man and gave him a free breakfast. Tony wasn't flustered and greeted us with a warm smile and apologized that we has to listen to the previous guest. Tony was gracious, calm and his smile didn't waiver. Good job Tony! Thanks you for taking good care of us at check in. Our first impression ended as a great one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent Hilton Baltimore experience. I am pleased to see that our staff provided exceptional service during your time with us, and especially appreciate your recognition of our Guest Service Representative Tony for providing efficient and professional service.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I hope you have a great spring season.