“Nice, but expensive.”

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Tamarac, Florida
“Nice, but expensive.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a lovely, but expensive Hilton Hotel in the center of the city not very far from the Harbor. Our room on the 8th floor overlooked Camden Yard. It was nice to see green grass on a very cold weekend. The bar served light food and on Friday evening, the day of our arrival, we went to the bar so I could have a hamburger. The other three people in our party decided to just have a glass of wine at $12 per glass. Not being a drinker, I went for the hamburger with no roll. It was one of the worst overcooked pieces of “meat” I have consumed. However, the grilled onions, lettuce and tomato were fine. I might point out that this was the host hotel for a wedding we were attending. The rate for us was reasonable for an inner city hotel with nice accommodations.

Saturday morning we went across the street to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. I had a nice omelet and some very crisp bacon along with a large bowl of fresh fruit from the buffet ($21). Since we were in Baltimore for the wedding at Camden Yard we did not eat any other meal at the hotel until Sunday morning when there was a brunch with an open menu in the restaurant as part of the wedding celebration.

The room was fine except for a dirty dust cover on the bed. Otherwise it was clean and fresh looking. I would not eat in the restaurant again, but would try some of the baseball oriented places that surround Camden Yard. However, it was so cold this time for a Floridian, that I could not consider going out in the cold for food. We even drove virtually next door to Camden Yard for the wedding.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Camden Yard on higher floors provide a good view for the baseball addict. Otherwise I...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are glad that you had an overall positive stay. We sincerely apologize that you did not the best Food and Beverage experience. We assure you that this is not always the case and we are glad that you enjoyed breakfast. We have notified our team and we will ensure that this will not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Korean first
Mount Laurel, NJ
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Let me start off by stating that I only stayed one night w/my cousin who was in town for business for the week. The staff I came into contact with (check in, bell hop, parking, maid service) were fantastically friendly and helpful. I loved the location - perfect for going to see a ball game. Easy walking distance to a few pubs/bars - not 'fancy' food, but I'm sure someone could steer you to one of the better restaurants in the area. The food in the hotel, as in any hotel, is too expensive for my pocketbook. There were plenty of cabs just waiting to take guests where they wanted to go.

We had a two queen bed room. The bed/bedding was quite comfy, nice table/working area, shower had good pressure, plenty of closet & drawer space. I loved the lotions, shampoo and soap. It did feel like it got a bit warm in the night with the comforter, but that could be me.

Parking was easy to find for the hotel and stress free, but I think it was a bit pricey - @$28 if you didn't have a discount through your business.

I did not use the gym or pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TZMOM
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to our friendly and professional staff during your stay at the Hilton Baltimore. We know they will appreciate your comments and acknowledging their hospitality efforts. Each of our associates has a unique personality that they bring to our team, which makes our hotel full of memorable experiences. It would be a pleasure to serve you again in the near future
Suffolk, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Room was clean, service was good and the workout room/gym had plenty of equipement to accommodate many. Was there for business trip along with a very large crowd which never appeared to be an issue for the staff.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found our property and services to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours in hospitality.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel itself is fine; parking below is easy, and in the summer, I suspect it would feel centrally located. Renovated and clean, with a very friendly staff overall. Main issues: there is little food nearby, and the restaurant is, of course, pricey. Also: if you use the Business Center, be prepared to spend a lot of extra money - $6.95 for 15 minutes of computer time, along with 49¢ a page to print anything (though boarding passes print for free). Nowhere does the hotel mention or clarify this.

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for any misunderstanding you had about business center pricing and services. Your feedback will help us better communicate our amenities and services to our guests and enhance our guest experience. We hope we'll have another opportunity to invite you back for a better stay.

Regards,
NY, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The area was not that great in terms of food options or convenience, but the hotel was clean and the staff was very good. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel to others. I was there on business and found the conference rooms to be either too warm or too cold. But the couches in the lobby were a nice way to mingle wit the other conference guests.

1 Thank Kara B
Florian K, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience. I was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback. I will review your comments with our staff about restaurant recommendations and the surrounding area.
We hope to serve you again in the future. All the best.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent location next to convention center. Possible to walk to cc without stepping outside. Diamond Tavern offers a good breakfast. Would have earned 5 stars except for a bad check-in experience.

Hotel clerk declined to honor rate printed on reservation. Reservation was via the Convention & Visitors' Bureau for the large American Crafts Counsel show at the cc. CVB is the designated booking agent. Said he did not have the authority to honor the printed confirmation rate since it was different than what was showing in his system. A difference of $10/night and he did not have the authority. Yes, I'm Hilton Honors (low level) and stay there every year. But he needed to locate a "manager" who had $10 of authority. Eventually he did locate a manger with such authority who ok'd the printed rate. Just an unpleasant start to the stay.

Must also note that the check-in process did not give me anything to read or sign. If I did not ask the clerk to confirm the rate, I doubt that I would have caught it during the manual or semi-automatic check-out process. Seems unlikely that my circumstances were unique so I'm left assuming that they overcharged others and perhaps they were not caught.

Additional note. They charge approx $12/day for room wifi. Other good hotels in the area with lower room rates do not charge for room wifi.

Room Tip: Probably no street noise getting into any room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Baltimore. We apologize for any misunderstanding at check in concerning your room rate. Your feedback will help us better communicate with our groups and services offered to our guests and enhance our guest experience. We hope we'll have another opportunity to invite you back for a better stay.
Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Despite the comfort this hotel may provide, I did not appreciate the hotel staff. However, there was an specific attendant - Linda - who was so helpful and kind that was impossible to have a bad stay. She is the best attendant I have ever met during all my trips (and there were not few trips). The hotel itself offer a cold reception.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback. I will review your comments with our staff in an effort to enhance our overall guest experience. We appreciate the great acknowledgement of Linda, our guest services agent, and do indeed look forward to your next visit.
Have a great week.