“Ok room, not great service....NOT impressed”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Minneapolis
“Ok room, not great service....NOT impressed”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed here for a conference. I will say it has the convenience factor of being connected to the convention center by a skyway & being on the route of the free Charm City Circulator. Other than that, not a whole lot going for it.

It's expensive for one & you don't even get free internet. Oh wait, you do in the lobby but who wants to sit down there & work if needed. Most of the staff at the front desk was hardly friendly & acted like they were being inconvenienced when you approached them.

I tried to order room service for breakfast on a Monday morning & wanted it delivered by 6:30 am as I had an early meeting that I needed to leave for by 6:45. I placed my order the night before & went back & forth a bit with the guy. Keep in mind the book says room service/breakfast available from 6:00-11:00 am. He said he could have it delivered by 6:30 which was great. Around 6:00 am the morning of delivery, I got a call from a woman stating that they were just opening up & there wasn't anyway that breakfast would be there at 6:30 but by 7:00 she could have it to me. I explained that was too late & that she would just need to cancel the order then if they couldn't accommodate me. She kept referring to a card on the door that states the times of delivery. I didn't have any such card & went by what the book said. So needless to say, I didn't get anything to eat until lunch that day. If you say you serve room service at a certain time, serve it. Also, I'm guessing most guests stay there on business. They should be adequately prepared for business travelers as most get going earlier. Also, there really isn't a lot of other food places right around there to get something. Subway opens at 7:00.

The room was clean but had a strange odor right around the door. No free bottles of water or anything here though.

So you pay more for absolutely no amenities like internet, breakfast service that can deliver on time or even a bottle of water. I think overnight parking was $40...geesh!

If I returned to downtown Baltimore, this probably wouldn't be my first choice of hotels. The Marriott right across the street at least offered free internet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Linda W, General Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will most certainly share your valuable feedback with our team to ensure our guest’s experiences only excel moving forward. I apologize that we were not able to make your experience a positive one and it is my sincere hope that you consider coming back for a true Hilton positive memorable experience in the near future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Korean first
Washington DC
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 days during the Baltimore Running Festival. We got a two double bed executive room with lounge access. The room was the basic size with very little extra floor space for a blow up bed for our toddler (toddler size). The view was very nice of the city and bell tower. They brought us more towels since they obviously only stocked the room for 2 people, even though the reservations was for 4. They brought up the requested mini-fridge ($25 fee) as requested when we got there. The lounge has an AWESOME view into Camden however it smells like smoke. Obviously it was a smoking lounge at one point but they need to re-carpet, repaint and detox the air. The evening hors d'oeuvres were extremely lacking and the morning continental breakfast was just barely enough (they had a hard time keeping anything at both time stocked due to the traffic and low variety). I have stayed in less nice Hiltons and the lounges offered so much more variety. The hotel is connected to the conference center by walkways, which is nice if you need to go over there. However, we did not go to the on-site restaurant due to it being overridden by business folks there for a meeting. The room service menu was missing from our room, they never did bring one up for us when we asked, so we had to look online. The wait time on the phone to place and order can last from anywhere from 2 mins to over 5 mins. Wait time for food to be delivered is usually about 45 mins. And don't try to order anything 5 mins early than the time they serve it. My husband had a bit of a rough time trying to order lunch when I was running the half marathon and was not happy. The pool is a LAP POOL, which means it is basically one depth, I think 3.5 the entire length, I think it was 2 lanes. So if you are looking for a kid friendly pool, this is probably not it. You can't have kids in it playing if people are swimming laps. The hot tub was very nice after my long run but had way too much chlorine and was not very hot. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. All the "bad" things we dealt with were small nuisances not big problems and could definitely be fixed if management reads this. OH! The one thing that did definitely bother us was the BROWN water that came out of the faucet for baths. Tried to run a bath for the kids and brown water spewed out with awkward pressure. Called down to main desk, she said the pipes are old and had not been run in a while, that it is RUST, and to let it run for 15 mins and if there was still a problem they would send someone up from maintenance. YEAH, right. Kids need bath for bedtime....wait for ???? long....who knows if it will work and waste tons of water. Not happening.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevators, end of hall.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Linda W, General Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we sincerely appreciate the comments. I already shared your feedback with the appropriate department heads and will share your comments with the rest of the team and review what our expectations are regarding overall guest service. I apologize that you encountered these inconveniences during your time with us.
We do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you should your travels bring you to the Baltimore area in the near future, as I would like to ensure that your next visit is a positve and memorable one.

Have a great week.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff was absolutely fantastic! They were very courteous, helpful, and professional. They really went above and beyond to ensure guests had a fantastic experience. The room itself was disappointing. There was mold in the shower, chunks were missing from the in-suite desk, and most of the outlets didn't work. The bed was comfortable, and other than the issues listed it was clean.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton on your recent trip to the Baltimore area. I am pleased to see that our staff provided exceptional service during your time with us. I wanted to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the condition of your room.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every one of our valued guests. We hope we can serve you again in the future and provide with the best service and accommodations Hilton Hotels are known for.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I requested a high room and got a gorgeous view overlooking the baseball stadium. If there had been a game going on I would've had the best seat in the house! The room was clean and the facilities are great. I was in Baltimore for a conference and to my delight there is an internal walkway from the hotel to the convention center, which is perfect when the weather isn't ideal.

As far as service, I had a few bad experiences. The bar service was pretty lousy - it took a long time between even the most basic requests (menu, silverware, order, bill). The staff is not well informed - I called the night before my checkout to ask a basic question about cab fare and found out the next morning that the bellman had given a completely incorrect answer. No apologies were made.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and wanted to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of incorrect information and bar service. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every one of our valued guests; my hope is we achieve this during your next visit with us.

Best regards.
Paris, France
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room is really nice, hotel staff is exceptionally friendly especially najib banquet team .He show us the turkish and lebanese restaurants in downtown area. The food was excellent and we love it . Definitely we will come back next year.thanks lot

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Charm City. I am pleased to see that our staff provided exceptional service during your time with us, and especially appreciate your recognition of our associate Najib for providing efficient and professional service.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Athens, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am a breastfeeding mother who is on a dairy/soy free diet. I needed a place to keep pumped milk while I was at the hotel and they arranged for me to receive a refrigerator in my room for no additional fee (since it's a medical reason) and had it set up in my room in less than 15 minutes after my arrival. Also, the room service chef and staff was really wonderful about helping me to alter the menu to accommodate my dietary restrictions. The chef personally checked the ingredients and changed recipes so that I would have something that I could eat. I was very appreciative and they were very helpful!

1 Thank Laura W
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our hotel. It truly sounds like you had a terrific time staying with us and really enjoyed our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team.It is always great to hear that our team went above and beyond to enhance your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms. The bed and pillows are wonderful. The staff was friendly. At the Hilton Baltimore, I found the crab cakes at the hotel restaurant tasted better than those in other restaurants.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I see you enoyed a delicious meal in our restaurant the Diamond Tavern. We hope to see you again when next in Baltimore.

Have a great week.