“Interesting stay but, not bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Jersey City
“Interesting stay but, not bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week and found that there was a fraternity convention going on. The members chanted so loudly all night that I could hear them in my room. Security did the best that they could... Frat boys will be boys.

When unpacking a few of my things, I opened the drawer and found a pair of 'drawers' inside! Dirty men's underwear were there to greet me! I left a note for housekeeping (and I took a picture) but they were never moved. I kept that drawer closed after that.

Housekeeping knocked on the door several times on my last day (beginning at 8:30 AM) even though I told her on at least two occasions that I would be checking out and the room would be available for her to clean after 12. I'm sure that information is available to the housekeeping staff. Overzealous.

I'd stay here again. I recommend the hotel if you're visiting the harbor or going to a game. The location isn't bad, but I'd be sure to put up the do not disturb sign before bed or you will certainly be disturbed again and again.

• Stayed August 2013
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at Hilton Baltimore. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Front desk staff abrupt, gruff, and disinterested - not just one, but three different front desk staff employees. Stayed on "Executive" floor - ice bucket actually had mold ringing the inside bottom. All of the pillows were flat and unsupportive. One gross looking bathrobe hanging in the closet. There is NO way this hotel is a AAA Four Diamond - average three star hotel in serious need of staff training and some attention from management. We stayed on a Sunday/Monday - can't imagine how bad this place is on a Saturday.

• Stayed August 2013
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced with our front desk team and guestroom cleanliness. I will share your valuable feedback with the appropriate departments to ensure the team learns and grows from past experiences. Again, I am sorry for these misfortunes you encountered and hope you give us another opportunity to show the excellent service levels Hilton Baltimore is capable of providing.
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I attended an event at the Baltimore Convention Center, and this hotel was connected to the center, so it was obviously the easiest and most convenient one to stay at. But it was also a fantastic hotel. The type of room we booked was full, so they bumped us up to an executive suite at no charge and it was great! I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Maya M
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. I appreciate the great comments about the property. I am thrilled to read you had the opportunity to enjoy your complimentary upgrade to an executive suite. I hope to welcome you back soon in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

A nice hotel, but poorly managed. Either they were over-booked and over-whelmed or management should consider changes. We experIenced a 30+ minute wait for check-in, after we had already checked in early that day, a 65-minute room service delivery and LOUD hallway sounds until midnight. Not for families ... We travel A LOT and I was very disappointed ... Not up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ABinVA215
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the delay with your arrival experience. Hilton Baltimore is the largest convention hotel in the downtown area. I am sorry about the large overwhelming groups that you experienced during your stay. I will personally look into staffing levels to avoid any service delays in the near future. Again, I am sorry for these misfortunes you encountered and hope you give us another opportunity to show the excellent service levels we are capable of providing.
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful and the property itself is very clean, my most important requirement. The room was spacious, well lit and very clean. Its location is great for local sightseeing. The price was quite reasonable for the quality. The gym was well equipped and the lap pool more than adequate. Overall a pleasant experience. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There are rooms available which give you a great view of the Camden Yards. You can literally watch...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I appreciate the positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Baltimore. I am happy to read you had an enjoyable stay during your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon for another excellent stay at Hilton Baltimore!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went here for Otakon 20, and once again, the Hilton was understaffed. Luckily we checked in on Wednesday, and not Thursday, (the line was insane). However, checking out was a problem. There was not enough staff to help with checking everyone out. We waited over an hour, and finally, gave up on trying to get a bell hop. When we tried to call guest services and let them know we didn't need a bell hop, no one answered the phone. Two major problems: they didn't replace the toilet paper, we had to ask for it. Second, the pillows were horrible! I couldn't tell if I even had a pillow. Great location, overpriced, and wishy-washy staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a Ball Park View Room, and make sure you get it from the 9th floor. Our view was great, but...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the lack of service you received during Otakon 2013 Convention. I will personally look into the staffing levels during the busy weekend to ensure we learn from recent mistakes. I will be researching our follow up and our response time to avoid any recurrence. I am concerned about guest satisfaction and I appreciate your comments, which ultimately enable us to improve our guest satisfaction. I hope to welcome you back in the near future to Hilton Baltimore.
DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Front desk check in/out was smooth, fast, friendly, and efficient.

Room was clean but didn't have the extra towels we'd asked for. Holes in the lamp shade. Pull rod for the curtains was broken. Lots of street noise all night long. (Not that Hilton could help the noise).

Parking prices are ridicules. Highest prices in the inner-harbor with no discounts for being guests of the hotel

If you can get this hotel at a big discount and are attending an event in the convention center or at Camden Yards, then go for it. Just make sure to include the high parking prices if you are driving.

Otherwise, there are many better-priced choices in this area.

This is a relatively new hotel, it’s sad to see that they are not interested in maintaining the rooms.

Room Tip: If you can get this hotel at a big discount and are attending an event in the convention center or a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the condition of your guestroom during your recent stay. Hilton Baltimore does have a detailed guestroom inspection process to ensure guest satisfaction. I will share your valuable feedback with the director of housekeeping to ensure Hilton Baltimore learns from your recent stay. I appreciate the comments regarding the friendly and fast check-in process. I look forward to being of service to you in the very near future and to have the opportunity to completely restore your confidence in Hilton Baltimore.