“Nice Place to watch an Orioles Game cleaning and maintenance need attention.”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Nice Place to watch an Orioles Game cleaning and maintenance need attention.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Hilton is a great spot to watch an Orioles game from either the concierge level on 18th floor or pool deck level on the fourth. The lobby area is very well appointed. We were placed in a handicap room, it would have been nice to tell us this before we open the door, but hey will deal with it. Room was clean no problems there. Main critique is the used toe bandage on poolside table at 6:00am, maybe the lifeguard could drop the bored look and do a little housekeeping. The chairs on the pool deck are ripped and really could be a hazard to a chile or older person. Chairs in the concierge lounge have leatherette that is worn and need updating. All in all we will return for the game view but if they want to brand the Hilton Name they ought to have Hilton quality and standards.

Room Tip: Ball park view is nice on higher level floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the condition of the pool and Executive Lounge during your recent stay. I will share your valuable comments with the management team regarding your experience in the pool. I am happy to share that Hilton Baltimore has plans in place to revamp certain areas in the Executive Lounge. I appreciate the comments regarding the beautiful views from the lounge and terrace of Camden Yards. I hope to welcome you back soon for another ballgame in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived 30 minutes before check-in. We were told the room would be ready by 4:00. Rather than taking our cell number and letting us know when the room was ready, we had to keep checking with the front desk. We waited in the lobby for 90 minutes, next to two concierges who acted as if we were invisible. The lack of empathy and customer service was incredible. The bellman were the exception.

Our corner room was fine, the bed was comfortable, and we had a wonderful view of the ballpark. We did notice that the entry and closet were in need of better lighting. In the bathroom, towels were stored across the room rather than within easy reach of the shower.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DeeGlaze
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced with the service at check-in. Although guarantee check-in is at 4PM the front desk is suppose to be taking contact information when rooms are not available. I am concerned about guest satisfaction and I appreciate your comments, which ultimately enable us to improve guest satisfaction. I appreciate the kind comments regarding the bellmen during your stay but that does not make up for the service you received at the front desk. I look forward to being of service to you in the very near future and to have the opportunity to completely restore your confidence in Hilton Baltimore. Again, I am sorry for these misfortunes you encountered and hope you give us another opportunity to show the excellent service levels we are capable of providing.
Gray, Maine
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We spent just one night here but wished it were more. Staff are on top of their game, friendly, courteous and very helpful. This hotel is literally seconds away from Oriole Park at Camden Yards, virtually connected to the park. Great rooms, wonderful beds, all the amenities you would expect from Hilton. Lobby bar is great and the staff is 100% pure wonderful (crew on Sat. June 13th very late was spectacular).
Parking on site is plentiful and very easy. Love it and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you to catch some baseball but don't want to go to the game, there is a deck on, I think, the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, I appreciate the fantastic review from your recent stay. I will make sure to share your experience with the entire team. I hope to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.
Albany, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I attended a two-day conference at the Hilton Baltimore and had absolutely no complaints.

Recognizing that a conference experience is quite different from an independent visit, I will say that the room was perfectly fine: it was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large enough and well laid out, and the hotel had everything that I would have expected from an urban Hilton. There was a flat-screen t.v., a small coffee maker, and a decent workspace. Towels, while not plentiful, were thick, and soaps were pleasant.

But there was nothing special about the room, either. No refrigerator, no interesting shower or bath details, nothing to make it stand out from a thousand other upper-middle-end hotel rooms.
The view from the room was of the outfield at Camden Yards Stadium. In fact, if you are an Orioles fan, the gate of Camden Yards is right across the street from the hotel's side door. The drawback is that these rooms are also exposed to the stadium lights, sometimes late into the night. The drapes are heavy and block the lights well, however.

It was all very pleasant for a conference however. The food was very good (and plentiful), the location, near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, was ideal, and the conference was handled extremely well.

In short, I'd like to go back and stay there when I have more time to explore and see Baltimore, but I have no criticisms of the hotel or its location.

Room Tip: If you are a baseball fan, some of the rooms overlook Camden Yards. But those rooms are also expose...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am glad you had an enjoyable conference during your recent stay at Hilton Baltimore. I appreciate your comments regarding the guestroom amenities. I hope to welcome you back soon for another stay in the near future.
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently spent three days at this hotel for a business trip. Everyone on the staff was so pleasant, friendly and helpful. The room was great with a great view of the baseball field. We did not eat at any of the restaurants but had food before, during and after our meetings. The food we had was very good.

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback; we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location and our fantastic views are just a portion of what the Hilton Baltimore has to offer.
We are proud of our services, and our team works and goes the extra mile to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Sterling, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was meeting customers for lunch last week at the Diamond Tavern at the Hilton Baltimore. While I waited, two (2) very nice employees of the restaurant asked if they could get me a drink. Both employees approached me in a very positive manner with a smile on their face. It was very nice to see their sincere appreciation and enthusiasm toward their job. One of the employees was Donelle. I was sorry I did not get the other persons name, but she was called away too quickly.
During lunch, the manager of the restaurant (Jason Brown) checked on our table several times and could not have been more courteous and helpful!
Thank you for a great experience!

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about our restaurant Diamond Tavern and our team, of whom we are very proud. They indeed are the soul of the Hilton Baltimore, and we will share your feedback with them.

We thank you once again for your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
Boston, Massachusetts

Getting there

Take the light rail from BWI ($2) to Camden Yard stop. The hotel is a block (100 meters) to the stop. You're that close.

Location
The hotel is also right across the street from Camden Yard. You can technically watch the game from the 4th floor, but why not head in. You're also 800 meters to the harbor shops. You can walk or take the free shuttle that run by the city.

We arrived around 2pm on Thursday. The hotel was having some type of conference or getting ready for one. They were busy of course and tempers were a little short, with us and with each other. I'm going to dock service as poor, the reason is this hotel is almost always holding some type of conference. If they don't have this down by now, it's going to be poor for you as well.

In the end, I would stay at this hotel ONLY when I get a good price via Priceline. So it's not really by choice, they just happen to accept my bid :)

BTW: Prices in Baltimore can have some major swings based on these conferences. I've paid between $90-250 before taxes for the same room. Book early and try to avoid conferences is my take away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BoDC
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that overall your stay was satisfactory and appreciate your feedback in regards to the arrival process. As you mentioned, our hotel’s ideal location, adjacent to the convention center and across from the Camden yards is second to none.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.