“Business or Pleasure - this place is a HIT!”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Business or Pleasure - this place is a HIT!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hilton Baltimore is really great for business in Baltimore or pleasure whether your a baseball fan or not, easy self parking and just off the interestate so you don't get tied up in downtown traffic. My room was a KING with a baseball park view, which was interesting as I was there a day before Opening Game and things were busy.

The work gym and lap pool are good - in the morning or evening for workout, and the pool only in the morning and only if your the only one swimming. The evening had several families with kids and its not really a "resort pool". I don't like that the restaurant is in another tower but its connected by the bridge way and a little walking doesn't hurt.

The room is clean, crisp and comfortable and very quiet as I was facing the ball park. I will most likely stay at this location again...

Room Tip: Book the Breakfast Package if your a business traveler its cheaper in the long run.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Baltimore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'll start by saying that I travel both personally and professionally at least 2-3 days month. I have stayed at Hilton hotels (and every other chain) many many times all over the world, and this was by far the absolute worst experience I have ever had. I am an HHonors member (I even have the credit card) and am now thinking about canceling my credit card and using my points towards whatever I can get and just using my Marriott and Starwood cards from here on out.

When we pulled into the self-park garage to park upon our arrival (we are from DC), we accidently got confused and parked in a "Hilton Reserved" spot thinking it was reserved for guests. Turns out it is reserved for valet, which isn't mentioned anywhere. We load up our bags, our dog (this is a dog friendly hotel) and start shuffling towards the entrance. Then we hear someone yelling at us from a parked car. They are yelling at us about how we are in a valet spot. Of course we appreciated someone telling us, but they were incredibly rude towards us and didn't even both to get out of the car to come give us a heads up, instead just shouted meanly at us. So low class! We were clearly paying guests and they treated us like trash. We asked her name, and turns out her name is "Kia" and she works at the concierge. Worst personality EVER! We would have of course moved the car right away, but she could have nicely given us a heads up without heckling us as we have our hands full with bags, etc. My fiance was LIVID, but we put it behind us, move the car to a new spot, and went to check in.

Upon check in, I'm told our room isn't ready. It is just a few minutes before 4pm by this point. We are asked if it is OK for us to wait while it is cleaned, which we reluctantly say is fine. I wouldn't normally care, but we're in the middle of a busy lobby with our dog... not ideal for us or other hotel guests. We also have a 5pm dinner reservation for my fiance's birthday. About 20 minutes go by and we are called back in for a room that is now open. Oops, turns out someone else in the time that the lady came to get us in the waiting area to when she swipes my card has taken our room. Would we mind taking a Harbor View instead of a ballpark view? I say no, only because it is my fiance's birthday and we have tickets to the O's game at 7pm, and we're making a whole baseball theme of the weekend (why we specifically booked at this Hilton). We are asked to wait for another room to be "rush" cleaned. Another 30 minutes go by, and finally we're checked in to a Ballpark View room. They offer us two breakfast vouchers, and a couple free drink tickets.

My bigged complaint -- a manager never once came over to apologize to us, ask if we'd like a drink, or offer a cart to help us with our bags. Totally useless management as far as I'm concerned... I saw them at the desk approving our vouchers and looking our way but nobody ever came over to say a word to us. That's a first. Not a big deal that there were mistakes and our room wasn't ready, but come on, just have a manager come over and at least pretend this hotel chain cares about its guests. Nada.

An hour later, we're finally heading up to the top floor to check into our room. At this point, we had missed our 5pm reservation at a nearby seafood restaurant, and we were both hungry and ready to leave our stuff and head over to the stadium to find something to eat. We arrive on the 20th floor, and start walking towards our room. There are a handful of dirty trays outside of quite a few rooms, I'm guessing because room service is cleaning and leaving them there. It was gross to see people's half eaten food in the hallway... ick.

The positive -- the room was nice. Clean and had a nice view. It was everything I had expected.

We get back from the game that night and have a chilled bottle of white wine and cheese platter waiting for us. This is really nice, but since there was no note or anything, we were a bit confused. None the less, we appreciated what we figured was a nice gesture from the management for our troubles (it was also my fiance's birthday which we mentioned on the reservation, so that might have been it).

Cherry on top -- I later learned that my mother called the hotel from overseas and ordered surprise a bottle of champagne and a birthday note for my fiance, and neither were ever delivered to our room (or mentioned once). Her credit card hasn't been charged yet, so hopefully we won't have to deal with yet another fiasco with this hotel.

All and all, we had a pretty crappy stay at this hotel. I read the reviews before staying here, and while I noticed other themes from reviews, I am usually a big fan of Hilton and decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Big mistake on my part!

If you need the bare bones, stay here. If you want a fun, relaxing weekend with great customer service, run away. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Harbor East last December, and were treated fabulously and didn't have any issues at all. We are not usually high maintenance people at all, but this really turned me off.

Two thumbs down from a once loyal Hilton HHonors member :o(

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oliviazdc
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Oliviadc,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the service you received during your stay. I’m very disappointed that your recent experience did not meet the high standards we are known for. Your feedback in regards to the friendliness of our staff is concerning to me because our team is very dedicated to provide the best customer service. Your valuable feedback will help me coach appropriate team members on the how situations could have been handled better. I regret that we did not perform to your standards during the special birthday celebration. Please contact me directly at 443.683.8860 the next time your travels bring you into Baltimore to ensure an exceptional experience. I look forward to being of service to you in the very near future and to have the opportunity to completely restore your confidence in Hilton Baltimore. Again, I apologize for these misfortunes you encountered and hope you give us another opportunity to show the excellent service levels we are capable of providing.

Respectfully,

Colonia, NJ
Reviewed April 7, 2013

When I arrived to the Hilton, I was pleased right away by the inviting lobby and colorful lounge, and was checked-in reasonably fast. Considering I was only staying for one night, someone above must have been helping me out because without much fuss, I was upgraded to an incredible room overlooking Camden Yards. There are probably only 6-8 of these specific rooms in the entire hotel that have a balcony that allows a direct view into the stadium, but with the help of the incredible Hilton staff member Aga, I was treated wonderfully and given access to this phenomenal space. Aga also hooked us up with some drink and breakfast perks, and I must say, it has been a LONG time since I have received such personal customer service in an establishment this large. Aga even showed us to the room to make sure my friend and I approved.

When we went to the lounge bar to enjoy our complimentary drinks, the bartenders were sociable, friendly, and very talented. The drink I had was smooth, but not watered down, and made promptly. Much props to my new bartender friend, Hashem.

The wonderful experience I was afforded by the standout staff members, the modern, clean, and spacious rooms, and the incredible location that is literally next to Camden Yards, I can say with confidence that I will return to the Hilton for my next stay in Baltimore.

Self-service parking is $28/day, which is expensive, but essentially every hotel in the area charges the same thing--blame Baltimore not Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Easy access to Camden yards (don't need tickets to watch game free overlook from fitness room and deck). Fast 5min walk to inner harbor and many food options near by. Hotel lobby very spacious and updated. Elevators are plentiful but get busy during check in and check out. Rooms are updated and for the price, a little small from what I expected. If you want a drink or food..... break out the money. $4 for a bottle of cola, see attached photos of food prices. Pool and fitness center are in great shape. Pool temp. Was good and hot tub temp was at around the recommended 104 temp. Check in went smooth and room was ready upon arrival.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jones80_98
Dear Jones80_98,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Baltimore. I am thrilled to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful location. I am glad you found the view of Camden Yards and the different amenities enjoyable during your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon to Hilton Baltimore for another baseball game!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel, there was no room in the garage and no space for me to temporarily park while I checked in. I was instructed by a Hilton staff member to park at the Marriott across the street. With traffic, this took me over 40 minutes. At the Marriott, I was told I could only park there until 2 am.

Back at the Hilton, I was informed that the garage was not owned by the hotel and they don't reserve space for guest. They were not interested in helping me even though the hotel web site clearly states this hotel has parking.

The whole ordeal was a major hassle and the Hilton was no help. When I finally got to my room, I was welcomed by the stadium blinding lights of Camden Yards shining through the windows. Hilton's answer, "Sorry, we are completely booked".

I'm deleting my Hilton's rewards account. Never again.

Do yourself a favor, stay someplace else.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Tdiddynyc
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and we are truly sorry we were not able to accommodate parking for you. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our parking process and will definitely take this into consideration. Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fabulous hotel with gracious and pleasant staff. The proximity to the Inner Harbor and view of Camden Yards make this hotel a spectacular choice for any kind of travel in the Baltimore area. Food at the meetings was wonderful--I wish all conferences were like this! Staff in general could not have been nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed there with our children. It is very comfortable and in a very good location. It is within a few blocks of the harbor and directly across the street from Camden Yards. There are lots of restaurants in the area and the harbor area is fun. The rooms are average size and very clean. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth L
Dear Beth L,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to read your family had an enjoyable stay. Hilton Baltimore is centrally located within walking distance to many great attractions; such as Aquarium, Inner Harbor, Science Center, and etc. I hope to welcome your family back soon for another great stay at Hilton Baltimore!

Kind Regards,