New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Oxfordshire
“Good as a business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent a few nights here as part of a business convention.
As a hotel, it was comfortable, and always clean and comfortable.
The rooms were always well cleaned, and I was surprised by the lack of 'eco' labelling in the bathroom - very typical in Europe, to reduce water & detergent usage.
The breakfast was rather expensive unless you sat down and had a long visit in the tavern :)
Even the ground floor bar was pretty expensive.
We tended to go out downtown for dinner and drinks, so didn't try the Tavern for dinner.
The convention center is huge and very accommodating.
For the hotel being so large I was impressed by the WiFi coverage.

Honestly, I was really surprised when I was told by a friend that this was a fairly recently built hotel - the elevators are really 'oldish' and slow and the decor from the '80s...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your experience. We also appreciate your great comments about our clean hotel and our internet as well. We will be sharing this with our team and we look forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I thought by booking with this brandnew hotel that I would have a better experience. Boy was I wrong. I booked for 1 room with 1 king bed , the reserved a double. I called to request late check in, they said, "Ok mam, your two rooms will be ready." That should have been the red flag. Then we get there the door men barely want to help you, just rushing you to go park your car. The front desk attendant looking all lax wasn't even apologetic when not having the right room booked. Her response was more like it was my fault. I called once I got to my room only to be disappointed that it was still a double, I was giving to breakfast vouchers. The expreience at breakfast was fairly good except the complaints of the waitresses walking by. The people answering the phones once calling for guest services were always rude, even the restaraunt. I asked him what time they stopped seating, his reponse "I love it when people ask this question." As if it's an unrealistic question. I was so overthis place upon check out. The hotel is over rated. Over priced. The customer service was the worst that I have ever had in my life of booking hotels. Maybe the hotel doesn't treat their employees good. Tha'ts normally the reason behind consistent bad customer service. I'm not sure but I will never go back nor will I recommend this line of Hotels.

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences. We pride ourselves in providing a superior experience but do appreciate hearing when we fall short of this. I have sent you a separate communication through Trip Advisor and I hope you contact me back, as I would like to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

WOW! I'm impressed, it's like it was just built yesterday. Everything is new. Very close to the Inner Harbour. Huge lobby with nice and comfortable orange sofas. Everything in the room is brand new!

This is the ultimate hotel if you are visiting Baltimore, it's right beside the baseball stadium!

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback; we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location, our fantastic views and our new hotel are are just a portion of what the Hilton Baltimore has to offer. We are also a proud AAA rated hotel, and our team works and goes the extra mile to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
tallahassee, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked my stay through Hotwire. As a former Hilton Honnors member and former business traveler of Hiltons',exclusively, I was not impressed. Hard to make a phone call to change an existing reservation. No answer at a 4 star hotel is scary. I was up-charged for internet access and although Hotwire should've made this clear, Who does this anyway? The change in my reservation date took almost two hours and I was changing to dates where more inventory was available. Ugh. The location of this property was fairly close to Inner Harbor but on a cold day, it was a bit of a trek.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry for the issues you encountered changing your reservation. We appreciate your feedback and have shared this with our team. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is wonderful! The people who worked there were sweet and accommodating. This was the weekend before Christmas and I am sure they wanted to be home with their families but they wanted to know if there was anything we needed or anything more they could do. The hotel lobby is modern and cold but there is plenty of space to sit and watch the snow come down or meet family members.
The reason it was not quite a Five was not all the hotels fault. We had one day that we did not leave the hotel until late so the housekeeping did not get in until late so they cut corners. They didn't clean the bathroom they put a few towels in and took the old ones missing a few. That is it, not so bad, the next day we left much earlier and the place was spotless.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites overlooking the ballpark. This suite would have been much more expensive du...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and wanted to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of not getting your room properly serviced.

We wish you the best in 2013 and hope to see you again in the near future.
Regards.
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

hilton was very nice, although I usually stay @ homewood suites or a hampton; this was a special rate for wedding we were invited to; great central location, a block from the light rail system; great bus routes, right in front of hotel

prices area bit high for breakfast; we didn't eat breakfast, but once; invited to to the vip breakfast on the upper floor

great view of camden yards and would be a great place if you are going to an oriole game

Room Tip: great area and great location
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.
We are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Happy Holidays!!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had the great fortune of staying at the Baltimore Hilton during the week of SuperStorm Sandy. While the storm disrupted many of the plans that I had for this trip, including major adjustments to the summit I was attending - this Hilton managed to make any disruptions they were experiencing invisible to the patrons.

Many of the staff were not able to make it to work as a result of major shut down's of roads and public transportation. In addition, many of the staff couldn't get home and worked numerous back to back shifts. This disruption to their personal lives never diminished their superior customer service.

Often the food at the hotel restaurant is sub-standard and over-priced. This was not the case with the Diamond Tavern. The food quality, variety, presentation, and taste were all exceptional. The pricing was reasonable for hotel priced food. In addition, the service in the Diamond Tavern was SUPERIOR. The level of service was not limited to the server who had a vested interest in my perception - the bus staff, hostess, manager, bartender, and various others with whom I had contact were all wonderful.

So many of the staff had reason to let the circumstances affect their attitude, for example - The bartender had not been home in days and was not even sure if his house was still standing - yet it never caused him to provide less than excellent service.

The rooms were nice and large. They were very clean. The WiFi worked great. The location was wonderful and very accessible.

To have received STELLAR service in the wake of devastation - is a testament of the staffs dedication to keeping their guests happy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your great and positive feedback through Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that your stay with us was satisfactory and you had the opportunity to enjoy our services. We would like to thank you for acknowledging the friendliness, positive attitude and hard work of our team members as well. All of us work hard and we consistently go the extra mile to ensure our guests’ satisfaction.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.