“Great Location, Disappointed by Room Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Location, Disappointed by Room Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel location, staff and aesthetics/decor were all good. I was slightly disappointed when I called room service and asked to order a soup from the full restaurant menu, but was told the only options were on the in room dining menu (or I could come down to the restaurant).

Gratuity and service charge were 22% of the total bill. The disclaimer stated 16% was gratuity with the remaining 6% an administrative charge. However, hotel charges an additional $5.00 in-room charge -- which was a first for me, and seemed quite high.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors and higher odd numbers (51 and higher) overlook Camden Yards and have goo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Hilton Baltimore.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for your recent experience with our in room service. We pride ourselves in providing a superior experience but do appreciate hearing when we fall short of this. I am once again sincerely sorry for the response you obtained, we should have accommodated you ordering the soup from the full menu, which is not different from the options of the in room dining menu; and we are very appreciative for the feedback and for recognizing our great location.

Please accept my most sincere apologies and I have send you a separate communication through trip advisor with the hope that you gave us the opportunity of turning this experience around and showing you the true level of service that we are known for.

Best regards,

Hilton Baltimore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Korean first
Roxbury, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton during family weekend at local university. We usually stay in Towson or if downtown the Kimpton. We selected the Hilton because of its location to Camden Yards (Family weekend included baseball game) and it is a pet friendly hotel. Parking costs $28.00 per day for self park or $40.00 per day for valet. The parking garage is located immediately to the right of the main entrance on W. Pratt Street. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. The hotel appears relatively new and the rooms are in good to very good condition although they are on the small size. I had an issue with the shower pressure but I fixed it by pushing the black shower nozzles by hand back into the shower head. The location is great-a 10 minute walk to the inner harbor. Convention Center and Camden Yards next door and you can walk to Ravens stadium. All in all we had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton Baltimore and would return in the future.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Hilton during a baseball game, go to the forth floor and just outside the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stonecroft
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore.

We agree that we are in a great location with close proximity to the stadiums and Inner Harbor, and we are glad you selected our hotel for the family weekend gateway. We will be sharing your comments with the team in regards to the shower in your room as well.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore!
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'd say this is more of a 4.5 than a 5, but I felt a 4 wouldn't do the hotel justice! As everyone else has said, it's all about the location/view. The O's were in town, and in addition to the day/night double header there were two other games. I watched one game from the fitness center treadmill, another from the 4th floor terrace, another from the Executive Lounge, and the last from the stadium, which is a 10 second walk away.

The parking garage had plenty of spaces, though prices are a little steep ($28/night for self park, with in and out privileges). It was a tiny bit confusing, but I just brought my parking ticket/card to the office in the lobby where they charged me for my entire 5 night stay, so I just had to insert the parking card every time I came in or went out. Easy peasy. Parking is easy enough once you are used to it, but can get a little confusing before an O's game since certain entrances get blocked off, just a heads up.

Check in was relatively quick given how many people were waiting - the Ravens also happened to be in town, so the hotel was pretty full. I'm not sure if it's because I had an extended stay or if it was because I am an HHonors member, but I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, which allowed me access to the Executive Lounge. With the Executive Lounge comes a continental breakfast, drinks, and cookies in the evening...perfect for viewing a ballgame from the 18th floor!

The room itself was very clean, and housekeeping did a stellar job every day, making sure (high quality) toiletries were stocked and my water was replenished. The desk was great to work at as it had a nested working surface that pulled out for more work space. As usual, there was a nice flat screen TV. Room service seemed a little pricier than usual, but that was to be expected given the location. A fridge/microwave would've been nice too, but I suppose you can't always have it all! Probably my biggest gripe was that they charge for internet. I did pay to use it one day, and the connection was fast; it didn't end up getting charged to me and when I inquired at the front desk they said they'd been having problems with their internet that week and therefore didn't charge. I can attest to that because I had a lot of trouble connecting to the free wifi in the lobby throughout my stay. Some days it worked, other days it didn't.

As far as hotel amenities go, there is a great fitness room with probably 10 treadmills and 10 ellipticals, weight machines, free weights, etc. There is a lap pool and sauna as well, and a changing room with lockers connected for convenient storage. I did not use the hotel bar or restaurant (the restaurant is located across the street), and the gift shop - like all hotel gift shops - was pricey.

Back to the location. For the most part there are chain restaurants nearby - Potbelly, Jimmy John's, Subway, etc. but also some other little dives that cater to the sports crowd. It's an easy walk to Camden Yards, M&T, Sports Legends Museum, Babe Ruth Museum, and the Convention Center. There is a Charm City Circulator bus stop (free bus, Orange Route) right in front of the hotel which is convenient. Inner Harbor attractions are close by, maybe a 10-15 minute walk, but it does require walking past the Convention Center which means walking by some people soliciting money, especially in the evening.

I can't speak too much to the price, as I was here on business and my company paid for my stay. I enjoyed my stay, but I don't think I'd pay so much if I were traveling on my own dime; I'd probably look a little outside the city. All in all, I'll be back if business takes me there!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Melissa T
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are delighted to read about your recent stay at the Hilton Baltimore. The details are so very important to making a visit to a hotel fantastic and we will most certainly share your feedback; and we sincerely appreciate that you, along with many others, have recognized our clean hotel and convenient location.

While the Hilton Baltimore is also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center, and we do hosts several City wide conventions. We are also glad that of our location, which is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore, allows families to choose the Hilton Baltimore as a destination for fund and relaxation as well.

I am positive that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back, if not for another business visit to Charm City, then perhaps to enjoy our facilities and an Orioles or Ravens game.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do look forward to welcome you back to Baltimore.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Location next to Camden Yards. I could watch baseball game from my 15th floor room ( odd numbers). Rooms and service were great. Towels Should be much better - thin and rough. Lobby bar was nice and bar food was good. Drink prices were a little inflated. Close to convention center and Inner Harbor. Also some good restaurants close by.

• Stayed September 2012
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. We cannot agree with you more that we are in a great location with close proximity to the stadiums and Inner Harbor.

We are also very excited to know about or great service, clean rooms, and happy that you enjoyed our Lobby bar service and food.

Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Only stayed one night. Clean room, comfortable, courteous staff. Thought the room was small, especially since we stayed in the pricier suite. A little deceptive in the list of amenities with the "spectacular views". If you like looking at the top of parking garages, then I suppose the view is just perfect. Complimentary coffee was terrible.
On site parking garage was easy to use. It's run by an independent company and will charge $28/day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We appreciate the great review of Hilton Baltimore. Hilton Baltimore is well maintained from the dedication and commitment by our strong team to exceed our guest expectations. We are also excited that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, and that our team was courteous and helpful as well. We will share your feedback with our team.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore!
greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I Stayed here last week.
I was upgraded to the 18th floor with a view of Camden yard.
Great Exec lounge and an easy walk to the Ravens games as well as Inner Harbor.
Rooms are very clean and spacious. Nice Lobby Bar.

I think for a major city the price is more than reasonable.

will definitley stay here again!

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the ball park
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank burtontps
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for providing great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate the kind reference about our ideal location and are glad that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge as well as our spacious clean rooms.

We hope to welcome you back for a great and enjoyable stay at Hilton Baltimore in the near future!
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the last hotel we stayed on a 4 day bus tour trip from Toronto. We are glad that Safeway Tour in Toronto always pick good hotels. The lounge and the lobby area is one of the largest we have been to. The room is very good and the beds clean and comfy. However, the complimentary LAVAZZA 100% Arabic coffee only smells good but tasteless. May be time to switch supplier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken A
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hilton Baltimore.

We will most certainly share your valuable feedback with our team and we are glad to welcome your Tour attendees to our hotel in a regular bases. We take pride in having an excellent hotel and do hope your travels bring you back to Baltimore for another great stay with us!