“Beautiful hotel but needs a bit of improvement”
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel but needs a bit of improvement”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed here for a getaway weekend with plans to attend some baseball games. The hotel is adjacent to Oriole Park and I felt very safe at all times. Check-in was a nightmare. Realizing that I arrived before the 4 pm usual check-in, the front desk staff apologized for not being able to afford me early check-in as a Hilton Honors member... the front desk staff said they had a large convention and were very busy with the large turnover. They did a pre-check-in and stated they would call my cell phone when my room was ready......I waited 1 1/2 hours and at 4 pm inquired at Reception. The man was very polite, but had to telephone the housekeeping supervisor to find out if the room was ready. It was ready and I was given room key and on the elevator ride, discovered that quite a few others were also waiting for rooms. I do understand that things happen and we all have a bad day, but when your business includes large groups of people for conferences, you must be able to get the job done. The room was beautifully decorated and clean and the hotel location is great....I will give them another chance if I'm ever back in Baltimore in the near future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank lovetravel057
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry you were not able to check in until 4:00 pm. We make every effort to have as many rooms available by 4:00 pm. Unfortunately, it appears we were not able to accommodate our 4:00 pm target upon your arrival. We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms, and agree with you about our excellent location.

The Hilton Baltimore is very convenient located just across the Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do look forward to welcome you back to Baltimore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2011

If you are looking for a convenient, clean and first class hotel in downtown Baltimore, you found one in the Baltimore Hilton. The hotel is new and caters to the convention crowd, but don't let that fool you. It definitely is a Hilton. The lobby is not the best, in my opinion. It is rather noisy and lacks charm. The extremely friendly staff makes up for that. The rooms are your typical Hilton Hotel room. They are spacious and clean. Nothing really special, but they are definitely kept up to standards. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom very clean. I liked the little massage soaps. I never saw those before. What you are getting here is location. You are right at Camden Yards, the Convention Center and the Inner Harbor. You can park your car and forget about it until it's time to leave. The sleep quality is good, but they should try to lessen the noise from the hallway. If you are in Baltimore, this should be your hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jacklbarnhart
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate that you, along with many others, have recognized our clean hotel and convenient location.

Our location is ideal to the Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, both Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, the Light Rail and many other great attractions. In addition, the popular Charm City Circulator stops right in front of the Hilton Baltimore, bringing everything the City of Baltimore has to offer even closer to your hotel room!

We do hope to welcome you back soon and allows us once again the opportunity to experience the AAA four diamond service that we consistently provide our guests as indicated on the many previous TripAdvisor reviews.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 14, 2011

In today's era of service focus and healthy lifestyles affirmation, it is unbelievable that this aspiring "upscale" trendy oriented Hilton has such an outdated gym/fitness policy. Closes at 10pm no exceptions. That may have been the norm a decade ago, but now days most hotels of this size and caliber are understanding trends in lifestyles and consumer needs and offering 24hr key pass access. But obviously this hotel is either clueless or just does not care. As a HHonors gold member, this has been one of my worst experiences and would never stay here again. There are much better options to choose from!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hinrgmike
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This property is right at the habor. Pubs across the street and attached to the convention center. Loved this hotel. Beds were comfortable. I do not drink the coffee from the room and it was difficult to find coffee and was $3 a cup. For me, this is an issue. I like my coffee in the morning. When I did find it,by crossing the street and wandering around for a while, it was good coffee. Wifi was at a cost even for HHonors members. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mangocatpurring
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stay at hilton hotels about 60 nights a year all over the country and this is one of the nicest. I really enjoyed the view of the ballpark and the great fitness room.
The hotel public areas and rooms are updated, clean and very comfortable. I will definately stay here again when in town.
My only complaint is that the concierge lounge breakfast was not as nice as others I have experienced. Very limited breakfast and snacks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mlgtexas
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2011

stayed here last week and got to the executive level which was nice as they had lounge and great views of the stadium as well as the 4th floor u can catch the game. the only draw back i had was. that normally you pay extra to stay on concierge level type of room and the executive lounge was ok . and you had to pay for adult beverage . which were like 5 or 6 a piece. which i was like they should have included it for free . or a least given you 2 drinks per person . I mean you pay extra to stay up their? so why would that not be included . ? as it can be an average of 150 extra on top of hotel price.

Room Tip: great places to go nearby
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank christykane
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is nice, clean, and in a great location (looks out on Camden Yards), but no free Internet? Come on now! Other than that (and expensive parking, but you can't fault that in the middle of a city), it's a nice hotel with a nice staff, which can be hard to come by in Baltimore (I lived there for six years). I think it's a bit pricey but, again, with this great location, it may be something you have to deal with in Baltimore. The walk to the Inner Harbor takes about ten minutes and you are across the courtyard from Camden Yards, and right near the football stadium.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business