“Lovely Hotel, Great Location”

Inn at Henderson's Wharf
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and had a very relaxing and enjoyable getaway. The hotel is beautiful, our room was clean and comfortable and overlooked a lovely garden area. The staff were friendly and helpful. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle, and our driver, Howard, could not have been more pleasant and answered all of our "tourist-y" questions with a smile and good humor. The continental breakfast was better than the usual fare with deliciously ripe, sliced fresh fruit and nut breads. The breakfast area was spacious and very nice with indoor and outdoor seating. It was a bit pricey, and I wish I had seen a previous reviewer's tip about the destination fee. We did have to pay that and did not realize it had not been disclosed on the hotel website.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsf5
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

rsf5, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will make sure to pass along all the comments you made to our team.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future stay at our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. Once again, we'd like to thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Inn at Henderson's Wharf

Reviewed June 4, 2012

As a self employed business traveler, I am on the road between 10-20 nights a month and try to find a balance between interesting nicer hotels and price. This hotel seemed to be a great choice. The location was nice for dining and entertainment and the hotel itself is very nice and very clean. I had a Harbor View room and found it very comfortable and spotless, the exposed brick was a great homey feature.

Breakfast was nice, fresh fruit, fresh juices and breads. Coffee and tea are avaialble in the lobby all day.

At the time I booked my room, as well as the day I checked in, the hotel's own website indicated that a complimentary bottle of wine, parking and other extras were included in the nightly rate. Apparently at some point the hotel has changed it's policies and no longer offers the free wine or parking and now charges a $9.95 nightly destination charge for water, internet and other amenities. I don't mind paying for anything that is disclosed upfront....when I saw the $9.95 destination fee on my final bill I called the front desk and it was removed promptly. However as a busy traveler, I might have missed that fee and would have ended up paying it.

I have two additional business trips scheduled for Baltimore but will not be staying at this hotel or any Harbor Magic properties. I still do not see the destination fee disclosed anywhere on the hotel's website. Be prepared to pay it. I do see that they have removed the wine from the list of amenities offered in your room rate.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are ground floor and directly on the busy boardwalk. The garden area is quite lov...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank eaglesgal
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Inn at Henderson's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear eaglesgal,

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your experience at the Inn at Henderson's Wharf. We appreciate the time which you spent to let others know about your stay.

We're pleased that you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. I agree that the exposed brick in each of our rooms is a nice touch. The breakfast continues to be a favorite amongst our guests.

We never intend for our destination package to be a dissatisfaction for our guests. It includes several services (in-hotel activities, shuttle service, high speed internet, passes to the MAC fitness, bottled water etc.), and if our guests do not feel as if they received value from the fee, we gladly remove this with no questions asked.

Regarding the wine and parking, we do offer it as part of a valuable package which can be added for only $20. We had several guests which did not take advantage of these extras, so we decided to no longer build it into the rate. This offers all of our guests more flexibility.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We depend on our guests to constantly improve upon our guest experience.

Brett Henry
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We did not have a car while we were in Baltimore and opted to pay for a shuttle to and from BWI. We had a room with two queen-size beds and a view of the harbor. The room was very spacious. Since the rooms are on the first floor of the building keep in mind that if you have a waterfront room it will be right on the boardwalk where people are walking and running. We weren't bothered by this, although we did keep the shutters closed most of the time we were there. We really enjoyed walking around Fells Point and were glad we chose to stay there instead of a hotel in the Inner Harbor. GREAT location.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if you have a harborview room that it will be along the boardwalk where there are...
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

AmericansinScotland, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will make sure to pass along all the comments you made to our team.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed 2 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The hotel was convenient to get to by taxi from BWI and as a first-time visitor to Baltimore the location was great for us. Easy to either walk or take water-taxi to more central parts of bay but far enough away to retreat to a quiet corner at the end of the day.
The staff excelled and the size and quality of accommodation was a real treat.
Well done to all those concerned.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MacSuper
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been staying at Henderson's whenever I am in town, on business or for pleasure, for the past 3 years. I have literally stayed here 25 - 30 times and have never been disappointed once. The minute I walk in the door and am greeted by Raymond until I am heading out the next morning I feel relaxed and at home. The decor, location and personnel are top shelf. I like the close proximity to numerous places for dinner or just a drink, all within a short scenic walk. If you are into fitness and like to run this place is fantastic and offers a very scenic tour. The breakfast buffet is another little perk that adds to the experience. I almost didn't want to send this for fear it will become too popular and I won't be able to get a room on my next trip, but then I didn't want to be selfish.

Room Tip: All the rooms are slightly different and all are great. I guess if pressed I would say the harbor vi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I took my mom here for a mother's day present. We were originally going to stay at the Four Seasons, but the price was an obnoxious $500 a night for a standard room. I found this hotel, and remembered walking by it before, but I was worried that at $260 a night for a harbor view room that I would be underwhelmed based on what the seasons was charging. Neither of us were disappointed in the least.
We were greeted by a friendly person upon check in, given a complimentary bottle of wine, and then when to our room. Our harbor view room had big nearly floor to ceiling windows, exposed brick on one side of it, and a large updated bathroom. The Inn is 3 blocks to the water taxi which you can take to the inner harbor, they also have a free shuttle. The breakfast was basic, but had the juice, tea, coffee, toast, cereal basics. If you want more, downtown fell's point is around the corner. Excellent place, I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to others.

Room Tip: Go with the harbor view, not that much more, and well worth it.
2  Thank yankeetravels27
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel is about 4-5 blocks from the center of Fells Point. The hotel is nice, the room clean & well furnished. The staff were very friendly & helpful- Raymond at the front desk was great. The shuttle service is a DEFINITE benefit. The breakfast buffet is what you would expect. Unless you have to have meat for breakfast you should find something you like. They arranged the shuttle service, spa service, tickets for the aquarium, and water taxi service.