“Cosy and charming.”

Inn at Henderson's Wharf
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Situated within feet of the water and with walking distance of restaurants, this hotel is one we would return to. Parking is handy; breakfast is more than we could ask for; staff are welcoming.
If opting for a harbour view room - a good choice - ask for one above the ground floor unless you like to feel you're virtually on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitsilano
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I cannot say enough great things about Henderson Wharf Inn right in the heart of the beautiful Fells Point section of Baltimore. I have fallen in love with Fells Point with its many unique bars, restaurants and shops, its quaint cobblestone streets and its wonderful and friendly residents. The Henderson Wharf Inn is a perfect match for Fells Point as its far enough away to be away from all of the noise and hub-bub of the bars but only a short walk to be right smack in the middle of all the fascinating night life. The hotel itself is gorgeous and situated right on the harbor for spectacular views and panoramas especially thru the door sized windows. The two large queen sized beds are extremely comfortable and you even get a complimentary bottle of wine to put in your ample sized fridge upon arrival. The service was professional and courteous especially our hostess/manager Lee. The parking is free and so is the succulent continental breakfast that offers only the freshest fruits, bagels and coffee. All of this at a very reasonable price for everything you get. My only qualm about writing this review is I don't want everyone flocking here because I want to have the Inn whenever I want it and I plan on making several more trips to this pearl in the middle of the diamond that is Fells Point!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Schneid3599
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend getaway staying at Henderson Wharf Inn. We had chosen this hotel based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed! Down to the fresh orchid in the bathroom, we cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! The staff were friendly and our request for a thinner pillow was resolved within 10 minutes by housekeeping. The continental breakfast was wonderful and of course the free bottle of wine on check-in is a lovely addition. We were able to leave our car in the free parking lot for the whole weekend and we either walked or took the water taxi. We would also recommend Duda's Tavern in Fells Point at the end of Thames Street. The premises are small and the table service is a bit slow, but the food is well worth waiting for! On our last evening there we had dinner at the JD Stevens bar/restaurant, but it was a big disappointment both for the food and value for money. We wished we had gone back to Duda's Tavern but we will know better the next time. I'm almost sorry to write this review as Henderson's Wharf Inn is a hidden gem and I don't want it spoiled by popularity!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AMO53
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Our first visit a year ago was mind blowing - great facilities and wonderful breakfast but, as important, friendly, attentive and caring staff who couldn't do enough to assist. What a difference his time -- totally uncaring and unresponsive front desk staff. On my wife's arrival at reception while I was unloading, she found the clerk chatting on the phone and giving her no recognition. When I arrived some minutes later, the same scenario persisted -- not even a nod or look to acknowledge our presence. I finally retreated to the business center to check my E-mail. When we finally were accepted for check-in. I was told to park the car on the other side of the traffic circle, but it was full, and I recollected that an adjacent wharf parking was available. I waited while my wife returned to the desk and we were only then told to use our room pass key to open the gate to the parking area, something we should have been told initially. Subsequently, we made a few other routine requests but the response was uniformly rather brusque and not as helpful as it could have been. Repeated efforts during out stay to telephone the desk from the room resulted in no answer. Another's guest effort to have the E-mail printer made operative was ignored and he was left waiting at the computer (which I also wanted to use). When I inquired of the desk what was up, the response was "we can't fix it" and mine was "why don't you just tell him". On our next trip to Baltimore, we will look for other options. What a shame, particularly as good management could have prevented this deterioration in service and could bring it back to where it was if there only was a will. What a shame to what previously was such a gem and great find and great value for money.

1  Thank LeonardBethesda_MD
HendersonsManager, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Henderson's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for your recent visit to Henderson's Wharf. I am appalled. Your experience is completely unacceptable and I can only express my deepest apologies to you. You can be assured that every issue in your note will be addressed and we will provide you with a future complimentary visit that will convince you that we are still the property you had expected to enjoy. I will contact you directly today to follow up personally.
Thank you very much for you comments.

Nancy Robison

Reviewed February 22, 2011

My husband and I were looking for an overnight getaway in the Baltimore area to celebrate our birthdays and came across Henderson's Wharf on Trip Advisor. We could not have been happier that we listened to everyone's advice - we loved it!

The hotel is within walking distance (if you're up for it) of the aquarium, shopping, the inner harbor, and numerous restaurants/pubs. It is also only a short cab ride if you prefer to all of these locations (round trip to our dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar, which was fabulous by the way, was only $10 plus tip).

We enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine at check in (red or white - your choice of numerous varieties). The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious with big wooden shutters overlooking the harbor. We also headed out for a run the next morning all around the inner harbor - even at about 35-40 degrees, it was lovely and a wonderful way to begin our day!

Don't miss this hotel if Baltimore is your destination. It was very reasonably priced for the time of year and the value it provided.

1  Thank ckktravel
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We chose Henderson's for an anniversary weekend getaway because of its reputation and it delivered. A couple of friends joining us for dinner arrived early and told the staff we were celebrating our anniversary, so we got a free upgrade on our room and wound up with a harbor view.

During our stay, the staff could not have been more helpful nor the hotel more comfortable. We felt so much at home we even went to breakfast one morning in slippers. Speaking of that, for a continental breakfast, the selection was excellent, with a wide choice of fresh fruits, pastries, artisan breads and more.

The location is great nor only for the water-level view (all hotel rooms are on the first floor), but also for encouraging short strolls around the Fells Point area. With warmer weather, we would have ventured further on foot, but having the car parked in the secure lot next door was convenient.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camerajim
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel was amazingg for being such a great price. My boyfriend and I spent a romantic night here celebrating our anniversary. The hotel staff were very polite and friendly. There was a separate parking lot that required a room key to get into, which made us feel very secure. The hotel had a very charming location, being on a cobblestone road and located right on the water. The decorating at the hotel was beautiful and it had a great atmosphere. The rooms were adorable and had so much character. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The view from our room was delightful looking right out onto the water. The stay came with a complimentary bottle of wine which was excellent. The continental breakfast had a great variety. We both enjoyed our stay very much so, and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

2  Thank marinesgirl71