“Fantastic Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 30, 2014

When we travel, we don't like to eat at your typical chain restaurants that we can eat at at home. I will ask locals where a good place to eat would be. LP Steamers was the place for us to check out. I must admit that I would not have stopped here just based on looks. I would have missed out on some of the best seafood I have had! I got the "sampler" plate that had shrimp, scallops, lobster tail, crab, oyster and clams....OMG!!! My husband got the crab cakes and one son got the crab legs. We all loved what we had. A must stop!

3  Thank LKS28

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were in Baltimore visiting for the Preakness weekend. While in Baltimore, having crabs is a must, so I took to tripadvisor and took your advice. We arrived about one o'clock in the afternoon. My only disappointment was that they were not seating people outside. It was a beautiful day and a great view makes a meal more worth while to me. We decided to try it anyway. We ordered some oysters on the half shell and one dozen large crabs. Both were excellent. They show you the most efficient way to eat your crabs. Cracking crabs is just not a meal but an event. We had a lot of fun. The staff was very friendly and diligent. I will be returning here my next trip to Baltimore soon.

1  Thank Kara B
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went with a large group, and although they do not take reservations they accommodated us by having us arrive early....the manager Kim and Andy could not have been nicer!,,,,,the crabs were great, the cole slaw amazing home made and tasted it...the oyster appettizer was fresh and plentiful. I tasted a scallop it was yummy. The only menu item I had that was disappointing was the fried calamari, it was not made on the premises and u could tell, my suggestion would be to remove it from the menu!! Otherwise LP Steamers is the place to go for Maryland crabs and when the check comes you will NOT be crabby

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Quintessential Baltimore experience, highly recommend! Hold out for the rooftop deck, fantasic view of the Inner Harbor & iconic Domino Sugar sign (think: "The Wire"). Go for a dozen large crabs -- our waiter was fantastic, sat down with us and gave a crab-crackin' lesson. Enjoy --

Reviewed June 2, 2014

If you want crabs in Baltimore, this is the place to go! We went (only 2 of us) on Saturday of memorial weekend around 2pm and it was packed! We waited for about 30-45 minutes before being seated, but it was worth it! We got there just in time for a new batch of large, medium, and small crabs. We ordered 4 large and 6 medium steamed crabs, along with a 1/2 lb of steamed shrimp and a basket of hush puppies. Not the healthiest meal, but SO good!! The old bay seasoning was finger-licking good. This was a messy meal, so bring a bib or wear something you don't mind getting crab juice on.

3  Thank magnum15