“Eternal location of the statue and street sign dedicated in Sept, 2010 to the late, great musician Frank Zappa born here”

Enoch Pratt Free Library
Ranked #54 of 242 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: This public library is one-block long.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Loved that we finally found what we were ultimately searching for. Was dismayed to see that this fabulous library is surrounded by a rundown, impoverished section located on the main drag into "the nicer part" of Baltimore city located on the harbor.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a great old building to tour and you can see the remnants of a grander age of gorgeous libraries. The newer parts are not elegant but they serve a purpose. The stacks are fascinating and contain tons of historical documents. This old building was my study hall when I went to Western in the 1960s. Going back and remembering all the fun (really) that we had here was great.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The library is enormous and has undoubtedly great resources. We worked in the Maryland Center and received terrific help from the staff on two different days.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is the State's Library...located in Baltimore City. The main branch is a hub of activity for the city. They regularly have speakers and other activities for the community. The main branch is a "work of art".

1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I LOVE libararies and wanted to check out the Pratt for some time. The outside is beautiful and the main room has some lovely architectural features.. but it is really the Children's Department in the basement that grabbed my heart! It is a warm, cozy, inviting place with lots of color and a wonderful pond/fountain with koi!

The room has lots of cozy seating areas and a friendly librarian. I could have stayed there all day and been perfectly content. I stayed there so long that we ran out of time and I didn't get to explore the rest of the library

2  Thank Donna F