“Best stateside gelato”

Ranked #3 of 40 Dessert in Baltimore
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love gelato, and try it just about anywhere I go. I've lived in Italy and traveled to various European places. I've tried it in Little Italy in NY. I've tried it at various Italian restaurants and/or neighborhood parlors up and down the east coast. Pitango has the best I've tried in America. I always stick with fruit flavors, and the Pineapple, local pear, and local raspberry were all fantastic, with Pineapple being my favorite. My husband and our friends had the stracciatella, hazlenut,chocolate, and pistachio. They all spoke favorably about their dishes. People say it's pricey but all gelato is expensive. It's a much more involved process to make gelato than ice cream, and by the way, gelato is much better for you. Treat yourself to Pitango.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited this ice cream shop on a really hot and humid day! Never the less, we were very impressed by the interior of the shop and quality of the ice cream. I am lactose intolerent so I ordered sorbet. There are as many selection for sorbet as for gelatos which are great. All the flabors are framed on the wall! I loved white grapefruit sorbet which is a flavor that I had never tried before. Great place!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm a frequent patron of Pitango Gelato, and I'm sure it's one of the better dessert places out there. Mind you, it is relatively expensive though.

As with all other gelato places, Pitango is pricier than any regular ice cream- or frozen yogurt-serving store. However, if you like it as much as me, you'll find that the Pitango loyalty rewards will be beneficial.

My favorite flavors: bacio, hazelnut, coffee, pistachio. Trust me, the pistachio is absolutely amazing.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

after getting off water taxi in Fell's point part of baltimore Md we walked around looking at all the quaint little shops ran into a place called Pitango gelato since it was very hot we decided to stop and check it out there were lots of flavors of gelatos to choose from the girl in the shop let us try some samples before we settle on the ones wanted I tried the raspberry and tangerine flavor which was excellant and my husband decided to stay with just the raspberry very refreshing after a long hot day of walking around

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love Pitango Gelato. There is no better place to cool down on a hot day in Baltimore. I love chocolate noir mixed with coconut. Pitango's gelato is as good as any ice cream I have ever had. They have loads of different flavors, but I can't seem to bring myself to not get chocolate when I go...one day. Pitango is not cheap, but I find the smallest size to be plenty.