“Fantastic History!”

Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum
Ranked #10 of 243 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the site of the oldest railroad station in America, this museum traces the development of trains and features a huge collection of railroad memorabilia, a model railroad and an operating replica of the very first locomotive, The Tom Thumb, which was built here.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not a fan of railroads, but the B&O Railroad mueum gets 5 stars from me for its history, cleanliness, educational content and hands-on/walk-thru exhibits. I learned a ton about the history of the railroad in America, especially its role in the Civil War. I would tell everyone going on vacation to Baltimore not to miss it.

2  Thank outdoorsmangeorge

Reviewed September 1, 2013

With the American flag display, that alone is a sight to see! And beautifully restored engines and train cars. Unfortunately, my son got sick so we had to leave sooner than planned. We saw enough to know that anyone who loves trains and the history of railroading would enjoy this place, though!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took our 4 year old grandson here for a day trip and he loved it! He was very excited to see and climb aboard We also opted for the train ride (at a nominal extra cost) and our grandson was thrilled to hear the conductor call "All aboard!" and go for his very first train ride. The children's area offered a great break for him to just play and the outside children's area was also a blast for him. We also had lunch on site and while it was basic fast food it was handy, although not great by any means. Overall a great day!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visit the B & O Museum whenever we are in town but this time, we lucked out and arrived just in time to take the train ride on the most famous mile in railroad history. Wonderful experience even if the scenery leaves a little to be desired. Just knowing where you are riding makes the trip worthwhile!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A must see for train fanatics!

I love seeing the old train engines and walking through the historicl old cars, cabooses, etc. I also love the round-house! This is one of those pleces I keep coming back to see.

Put on your conductor's hat nd be prepred to punch-out trveller's tickets!