“Good Airport Food”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #245 of 2,420 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Our group stopped in here for brunch while waiting for our flight. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Breakfast was great and my wife enjoyed her bison burger. Friendly service.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Always a good meal at the silver diner in BWI airport.

Great salads, pancakes, soups, shakes, burgers. All the classics.

Maybe skip the quesadea - not their best moment.

Super nice staff. Lots of local businesses supply food here. #shopsmall

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I believe this is a local chain. They charge "street prices" even at the airport, meaning that the prices are not inflated just because they are at the airport. (I believe that is the policy of all establishments at BWI). The prices are a few dollars more +/- than an "average" diner, but that's because their quality is so good. If one wanted less expensive food, there are many fast food chains just down the airport corridor. But the food here is really a cut above, and not just for airport food. Very varied menu with many interesting items, with health and preparation a key.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

We had a window to grab dinner between flights and took a chance here. Both my husband's and my sandwiches were delicious...much to our huge surprise! His mantra is that a good sandwich starts with the bread...which was what we got. And it kept getting better. My grilled chicken sandwich came layered with cheese, nice spicy black bean salsa, avacado and more. Delicious. Next time I'm traveling thru BWI, this is where I'm headed. And we had good service.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Silver Diner has a decent reputation in the Maryland and DC metro area but this outlet has lost their way and is serving just mediocre food. The ambiance is typical diner and a good place to dine.

We entered the restaurant and were taken to our seating by a hostess who offered zero hospitality. I asked if we could sit at the counter in front of the kitchen and without saying anything she followed us over to the counter and dropped the menus. Not a word of anything nice or a suggestion for lunch.

We waited a long 10 minutes before our server Willie approached us. I think maybe he had just come on shift. He proved to be very friendly and hospitable and even posed for a picture. A great smile. He inquired our beverage order, we ordered two waters one with lemon. He served them quickly and asked if we were ready to order. My wife ordered the Philly cheesesteak and I ordered a cheeseburger.

The food took a long 18 minutes before it was served. The Cheesesteak was sprinkled with green onions, my wife does not like raw onions and this was noted on the menu. The Philly cheesesteak was an embarrassment to Philadelphia and the owners/chef need a trip to South Jersey to learn how to make and serve a Philly. After living in South Jersey I have become desirous of a real Philly, this one was very mediocre at best.

My burger was OK, the bun was stale but edible. The fries were warm and properly seasoned.

Average is just not good enough for the prices this restaurant charges. Our server Willie was the highlight of this visit. Next time through BWI we will just eat at one of the many quick service restaurants in the food court.

Management and ownership need to review their food presentations and what is actually being served or this will become a restaurant that was.