“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a nice lunch at the Greene Turtle - 1st time at a Greene Turtle. I had the Caprese salad, Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes & basil. I did not like the tomatoes -- they tasted like sundried, cutup and put on cheese. Balsmic was a very good one. Hubby had a burger -- average, but everything fit the bill at the time. Extremely hot outside, cool inside -- our server was very good.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

After searching places to watch a sporting event for a few hours, we were told to try calling this place. We called from the inner harbor. We were told they had the game on.. yes.. no problem... We took a cab there only to find out.. they lied. At that point, i refused to spend a dime here.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our waiter was like "The Flash" He was everywhere at the right time!! All his recommendations were fantastic and the atmosphere was the best. The White Marsh Mall location is very convenient to our hotel stays when on business. Thank you GREEN TURTLE!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went for lunch. It's a chain and I've been there before, it's good for some bar type food. Food and service are average, but not bad...just what you would expect from a chain restaurant. Menu has lots of options.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This appears to be a chain situation, I was at BWI for a meeting in the D Concourse, the Green Turtle was located therein. My group of six descended upon the restaurant, the staff seemed confused about how to handle our group, one of the staff stepped up and suggested that she could place three tables together, allowing us to sit at one table. Obviously the staff is not used to a larger group of people seeking a table to share. Our Server was very friendly, I asked for coffee as a beverage and was told that the coffee was way too old to drink. That was nice, but I really did want coffee, I do not understand why the Server would not just make fresh coffee for me so that I could have coffee. Perhaps the Management does not allow the staff to discard "tired"/old coffee, rather it requires the staff to serve all of the coffee brewed?

Being in Maryland I had to order the Chesapeake Burger, topped with crab dip. The food arrived soon enough, but I was really disappointed in the appearance of the plates, the presentation sucked and was what one would expect from people who have no idea of how appearance influences perception. Stuff was just dumped on the plate. The taste was not bad, but not great, and certainly not at the level of the price.

Management needs to get their act together, get staff trained to understand how to facilitate a group of diners, see to it that fresh coffee is available, and figure out how to create attractive plate presentation.